Re-Edited, High Quality Operation Raccoon City Trailer Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vector View Post
    Wow. Archelon posted, and then we got SIX positive responses in a row. What is this I don't even
    Six people just need some decent RE action on their next-gen consoles

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
    I don't usually put a whole lot of stock in graphics, but these are first-gen PS3/360 quality.
    Actually, those graphics almost look like Wii quality graphics.
    Last edited by Pikminister; 04-14-2011, 06:18 PM.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

The thing that I'm makes me curious more than anything else...Leon had the drop on that douche Vector, why didn't he take the shot?

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
        I don't usually put a whole lot of stock in graphics, but these are first-gen PS3/360 quality.
        I agree. First gen games had this mixed bag feel of inconsistancy as people got use to tools and this has it in spades because I think this is probably the first game for these platforms they've worked on.

Character models look okay for what seems to be cutscenes (nice detail on Mr X for example) but then models on the ground don't look so good. Some areas look nice, but then others look blocky and weird (look at the burnt out cars for example - they're all square edges) Some animation looks nice and fluid (like grabbing the zombie to use as a shield) but then you'll see some character skidding across the ground while running. Some effects work looks really neat, like the gunfire, but then the blood splatter looks bad. And during the last bit with Leon there is a weird filter they've put on it to make it look like a short depth of field applies that looks like it was ripped out of a PS2 game.

The game is in development and things will change but I suspect the game will likely ship with inconsistancy because of the strength of it's developers history. Some games make up the graphics with the gameplay and I guess I won't know more about that till someone allows hands on time with general public.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
          People are seeing sense.
          Maybe they're just in denial?

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by JcFFx View Post
            You could always kill Leon. Or did you not see that 9 minute video back when RE4 was new?
            soz dont understand lol

Comment

He's saying that it's always been an option to kill Leon, making the joke about the nine-minute video that showed off every single way to kill Leon in RE4.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIjTr..._safety_mode=1
              Last edited by Canas Renvall; 04-15-2011, 07:28 AM.

Comment

I watched the trailer again and the graphics do look kinda wonky for next-gen consoles. Totally dated poly count and real-time animations.

It reminded me of Umbrella Chronicles graphics. But with more choppy animations. I've seen better graphics on the PS2.

Maybe they're holding back on he graphics in order to beef up the AI?
                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                sigpic

Comment

Ahhh, I see we've moved on to a new topic to bitch about -- the graphics! SOCOM: Confrontation's graphics weren't too great, but it doesn't bother you when you're worried about what lurks around the next corner. Gameplay > Graphics, especially in this case. It's hard to care about graphics when you're having fun playing the actual game.

Comment

Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
                    I don't even care if people call the characters Sterotypes they seem to have enough personality to do it for me, especially that woman and her confidence in the B.O.Ws.
                    From the trailer, the characters look very interesting to me actually.
                    Gameplay > Graphics, especially in this case. It's hard to care about graphics when you're having fun playing the actual game.
                    While I usually tend to agree on this statement, I completely disagree in the case of this game lol. The trailer looked really cheap, simply not quality material. To be honest, it looked to me as something fans would pull. Also, how would you know that this is a game which is fun to play? It is not out yet. Seeing as this is clearly not what you think (having changed your name and style), could you say what you feel?

I actually felt a little sympathy for RE2 Leon being shot at.
                    Last edited by Trent; 04-15-2011, 03:46 PM.
                    Freedom of Information.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent View Post
                      While I usually tend to agree on this statement, I completely disagree in the case of this game lol. The trailer looked really cheap, simply not quality material. To be honest, it looked to me as something fans would pull. Also, how would you know that this is a game which is fun to play? It is not out yet. Seeing as this is clearly not what you think (having changed your name and style), could you say what you feel?
                      I'm going off of what I know from their SOCOM games. They were tactical, they required communication, and they controlled and handled very well. The graphics are not cutting-edge or beautiful by any stretch, but they're easily overlooked when in the middle of a firefight or tense, quiet stealth moment. I don't know if the game is fun or not, but it looks like it borrows a lot from Confrontation, and I had a hell of a lot of fun with that game once it started working.

Speaking of which, I hope this game has a long Beta phase. Confrontation's Beta began in late August/early September and the game released in October. The servers were overloaded and the game was unplayable. Hoping to see a closed and open Beta by the end of the year.

Comment

I had a hell of a lot of fun with that game once it started working.
                        See, I like to have a hell of a lot of fun with my games... when I get my games, not a month or two later when they decide to fix everything up.

I really hope that Slant 6 isn't doing the same thing with this. They better not release a broken game then fix it later, that'd be stupid... but they've done it before.

Having said that, I think the game looks decent so far, besides all the normal complaints (stiff animations, etc). Just gotta remember it's only 45% done, so they'll fix a lot of stuff up. We'll see.
                        Last edited by Canas Renvall; 04-15-2011, 04:43 PM.

Comment

i wanna play a demo.it looks good sofar.
                          sigpic
                          www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                            See, I like to have a hell of a lot of fun with my games... when I get my games, not a month or two later when they decide to fix everything up.
                            Hopefully they've learned from the mistakes of their first major console release.

Comment

Hopefully they've learned from the mistakes of their first major console release.
                              Yea Confrontation was good after they cleaned it up in the months following the release. I'm sure they've learned from that mistake. A perfect example is Mercury steam, who made Clive Barker's Jericho. It had some moments, but all in all, it was an EPIC fail. Their next game was Castlevania: Lords of Shadow>EPIC greatness.
                              Last edited by REmaster; 04-18-2011, 02:58 AM.
                              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Working...
                              X