No announcement yet.

Capcom at E3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointed, but not surprised. ORC and OTR look to be the only decent things out of the lot. Sure to be nifty action zombie titles.

As far as Revelations is concerned the teaser last year peaked my interest but the more I find out about it the less I care. They "fixed" Jill's look from the previous render they had however the random voice actor change and new supporting cast seem pretty dull. And that emphasis on horror was lacking.

And the new DMC trailer....what a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
      They do like 'em young in Japan.
      That they do. Hello Sherry and Sunny from MGS4.

Originally posted by Vito View Post
      I had a crazy idea.

what if that masked soldier is nicholai?
      Now THAT would get me rather interested in Revelations. Nicholai=win.

Originally posted by Vector View Post
      Looks like Jill's been enjoying even more 'sausage' than she's normally accustomed to in this game.

LMAO! Oh boy, that was a zinger!
      Last edited by valentinesdead?; 06-07-2011, 04:02 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Revelations impressions:
        This is Resident Evil as I remember it: Eerie, tense, long moments of exploration punctuated by brief, startling encounters.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
          however the random voice actor change
          It's not THAT random, Jill's never really had a static actress...Catherine Disher and Patricia Ja Lee both played her in two games, that seems to be the life span of the Jill VA.

I kinda get a Kari Wahlgren vibe from Jill's voice so I'm wondering if it's her? If it is, then she's just reprising her role from MvC3, which wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
            It's not THAT random, Jill's never really had a static actress...Catherine Disher and Patricia Ja Lee both played her in two games, that seems to be the life span of the Jill VA.

I kinda get a Kari Wahlgren vibe from Jill's voice so I'm wondering if it's her? If it is, then she's just reprising her role from MvC3, which wouldn't surprise me.
            It is random. Capcom seems to thrive on maintaining an inconsistent cast. Case in point Richard Waugh was a replcement in Code Veronica. Replaced by Jessop in REmake. Returned in Zero and 4. Was in the process of recording for Umbrella Chronicles before being replaced by DC Douglas throughout.

With Jill it's no exception. The teaser for Revelations sounded a lot like Patricia Ja Lee who up to this point was the recurring voice for Jill in two titles. Now they got some extra from MvC3 to voice her DLC character and what seems like a new one for the actual Revelations game. How is that not random? Pretty inconsistent regardless.
            Last edited by Smiley; 06-07-2011, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tory View Post

Eh, her face looks a little chubbed to me. I guess it's the cheeks.
              Is that the pic that made some ppl here call Jill a fat-face? Really? Jesus. Not everyone has a triangular face that ends with a fucking SPIKE.

Jill having a potato nose in RE5 was ok... but having some cheeks is out of the fucking question!

You guys are priceless.
              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                Is that the pic that made some ppl here call Jill a fat-face? Really? Jesus. Not everyone has a triangular face that ends with a fucking SPIKE.

Jill having a potato nose in RE5 was ok... but having some cheeks is out of the fucking question!

You guys are priceless.
                Her face model sucks. Yes, it is fat, compared to her original design. Why go from a decent looking model (REmake-5) to an ugly one? They are changing her whole face structure to resemble the likes of Lara Croft. No one is asking for a triangle face that ends with a spike. Her character model is just going through some unnecessary changes, that is all.

Comment

I think it's a pretty natural render actually. So what if she's naturally a little more curvy in this one.

Anyhow haven't we more Revelations stuff anytime soon?
                  http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                  http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                  Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Bitching about others bitching about a polygon-constructed fictional character is even more priceless!

The real noteworthy news from Capcom at E3 2011: Street Fighter III 3rd Strike!

*RE Revelations looks okay...but it and 3D Mercs would have been so much better on home consoles. Ah well. C'est la vie.

Comment

• I'm curious to see what exactly are these monsters. The way they take a bite out of Jill (the tube thing) is a bit awkward. I've also failed to notice the underwater sequence earlier. That's a first for Resident Evil.

Comment

• I don't know if I can bring myself to play SFIII online. Seeing such a beautiful fighter reduced to hopeless move spamming, disconnecting and abuse over the mic's.....

I think i'll cherish it as something I can enjoy with my like minded friends. A shame because it's soooo good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tory View Post
                          Her face model sucks. Yes, it is fat, compared to her original design. Why go from a decent looking model (REmake-5) to an ugly one? They are changing her whole face structure to resemble the likes of Lara Croft. No one is asking for a triangle face that ends with a spike. Her character model is just going through some unnecessary changes, that is all.
                          Well this is nothing new, is it? It started with RE5 and her looks did not have any effect on the game.

Besides, these type of changes are going on all the time with some of the big C's franchises.

Including with non-Capcom characters such as Lara Croft. She looks very different from how she looked back in the days (talking about the renders here, not the in-game version)
                          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                          sigpic

Comment

• True, true...it just becomes tiresome.

Besides that, I could have sworn Capcom said they weren't going to reveal anything new with Revelations at E3. This is a pleasant surprise. I have a tiny flicker of hope that they will release this on the Vita. I'm glad portable devices are getting the love now

Comment

• Resident Evil Revelations interview started now:

Comment

• Retards ruining the chat spamming questions.
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X