Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    Claire was trained by Chris.
    Maybe to shoot a gun or use a knife, but to pull off the kind of John Woo maneuvers she was showcasing in CV?

Yeah, no.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
      Maybe to shoot a gun or use a knife, but to pull off the kind of John Woo maneuvers she was showcasing in CV?

Yeah, no.
      This.

Freakin' Claire ditched going to school that day to go ridin' on her motorcycle looking for her bro... and next think you know, she puts every S.T.A.R.S. and R.P.D. agent to shame with her survival, sharp-shooting, kung-fu/shaq-fu Jedi master skills. I mean seriously... she not only survived Raccoon City. She killed a good chunk of the zombie population while she was at it. Oh and she gave a B.O.W. or two another a-hole to shit with. How could I forget that.

And that was just in RE2.... In CVX right from the start we're suppose to believe that what she did in the FVM is real. But guess what? it is real. As real as Jill doing that melee shit that has some crawling the walls. everything you saw in the fmv was canon. Including outrunning bullets from a helicopter and doing the whole Lara Croft thing. Real.

And it's funny when some can think they can explain all that shit with "Chris trained her own sister".... I guess college is so dangerous that he felt he that he should make her a killing machine.

I mean, look at what happened to Ashley Graham, right? She got nabbed at her own college. Chris should've trained her lazy ass!
      Last edited by Pikminister; 09-14-2011, 10:01 AM.
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
        We know what the puzzle involves. There's no reason to have a shotgun on a rack for show. Same candy bar, different wrapper.

Having it "only for 3DS" is not a concern. The series does make an attempt to branch out to other devices. I've yet to hear back on that RE PSP title, but since Vita's announcement I would not be surprised if it ended up there.

Saying "why don't you make your own games" is a poor way to argue against criticism. Have you ever had a bad meal, or watched a bad movie? By your silly logic you should work towards making your own movies and cooking your own meals for your own enjoyment. But I doubt you'll be both a chef and filmmaker overnight so cut that nonsense out.

Finally we're being told to buy it and complain afterwards. Something I used to believe in back when I thought our opinions mattered to these companies. They don't. You vote with your wallet to influence what direction they should take. After you buy their game you can complain till the cows come home if it sucks, but that won't matter cause they still have your money. The point of trailers and previews is to maintain your interest in this product. So far Revelations has been a mixed bag. It's not all bad, but there's still plenty to gripe about.
        1st howd you know ? we must at least see a video showing it we cant just judge , but yes it woul;d be stupid if it was the same trap from re1 , but we cant judge .... myabe its just for showing off , maybe something else happens , when she wants to pick it up she might get a call in her radio , or someone might appear (cutscene) , someone might scream ... anything could happen soo we cant judge it might even get scrapped

2nd thing is that complaining on something that we dont have a proof of (shotgun trap) isnt a good way to complain ... TGS is coming and we will see .....
        & Adding a trap of an older game of the series is the top of stupidity , every one will know that they reused it (if they added it) especial nintendo fans who most got Game cube consoles and REmake .... they couldnt be that soo stupid ....

Watch gameplays of it or ask before buying it and complaining , sure you wont get your money back ....
        Even if they added a shotgun trap , Which i know they wont add
        isnt bad at all , how could you know the story behind this shotgun from only just one screen shot , it could be just to show that you find weapons thru the game , who knows ?
        Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
        ^ Lol ...

Comment

• All you need to see is that Chris was a STARS member (who also took down his fare share of zombies) which means his training isn't going to be the typical "use a knife" approach.

Honestly when it comes to action you think sliding down and catching a gun equates to kicking monsters across the room? Dats whack!

Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
          1st howd you know ? we must at least see a video showing it we cant just judge , but yes it woul;d be stupid if it was the same trap from re1 , but we cant judge .... myabe its just for showing off , maybe something else happens , when she wants to pick it up she might get a call in her radio , or someone might appear (cutscene) , someone might scream ... anything could happen soo we cant judge it might even get scrapped

2nd thing is that complaining on something that we dont have a proof of (shotgun trap) isnt a good way to complain ... TGS is coming and we will see .....
          & Adding a trap of an older game of the series is the top of stupidity , every one will know that they reused it (if they added it) especial nintendo fans who most got Game cube consoles and REmake .... they couldnt be that soo stupid ....

Watch gameplays of it or ask before buying it and complaining , sure you wont get your money back ....
          Even if they added a shotgun trap , Which i know they wont add
          isnt bad at all , how could you know the story behind this shotgun from only just one screen shot , it could be just to show that you find weapons thru the game , who knows ?
          1. We don't need a video. Again, the shotgun isn't on a rack for decoration. It's designed there for nostalgia sake.

2. I can judge aspects of the game based on trailers, promos and images since that is the point of them. Capcom releases these to show what the game has to offer.

3. This is Capcom. They've been off their meds for some time now.
          Last edited by Smiley; 09-14-2011, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
            It took 6 bullets (that hit) plus the melee to kill the enemy. I think the gameplay would be awful if you couldn't melee, always seemed stupid you could use a knife in RE games but not simply push the enemy back or kick it. A melee attack does not equate to being an action game, no more than using a gun does.
            Howard Johnson is right!

Comment

• It does when your melee is enough to kick monsters across the room. Try it with your little brother sometime and see how far he goes. I did and no matter how many times I charged up my kick he never went more than a few feet.

Comment

It does when your melee is enough to kick monsters across the room. Try it with your little brother sometime and see how far he goes. I did and no matter how many times I charged up my kick he never went more than a few feet.
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post

Yeah, no.
                  I don't tend to think much of one single overblown maneuver that was thrown in to look cool. Certainly doesn't compare to the ridiculous melee crap they've grown fond of since BH4. Most of the fear gets taken away by the melee stuff alone, since it removes the inclination to keep your distance and encourages you to get up-close... to enemies meant to be scary. Realizing you can just as easily exploit a weakpoint and literally beat them to death kinda makes it a whole lot less frightening. Can you imagine punching Lickers in mid-air in BH2? Or bashing Nemesis across the head the moment he grabbed you?
                  PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

It does when your melee is enough to kick monsters across the room. Try it with your little brother sometime and see how far he goes. I did and no matter how many times I charged up my kick he never went more than a few feet.
                    That's because your lil' bro is made of heavy materials like muscles, 50% FAT (I kid!), lots of bones and water. And if he's wearing a lot of bling, that could be a factor as well.

What are these balloon-creatures made of, anyway? That could help explain why they go flying with a kick.

To me, they look like walking water bottles that go around suckin' liquids. I could kick a big water bottle across the room if that's all what they are.
                    Last edited by Pikminister; 09-14-2011, 10:48 PM.
                    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                      I don't tend to think much of one single overblown maneuver that was thrown in to look cool. Certainly doesn't compare to the ridiculous melee crap they've grown fond of since BH4. Most of the fear gets taken away by the melee stuff alone, since it removes the inclination to keep your distance and encourages you to get up-close... to enemies meant to be scary. Realizing you can just as easily exploit a weakpoint and literally beat them to death kinda makes it a whole lot less frightening. Can you imagine punching Lickers in mid-air in BH2? Or bashing Nemesis across the head the moment he grabbed you?
                      it wont happen with lickers , remember in re5 ? thatd be stupid if they did this , the only scary thing in re5 was the lickers to be truly , yes i was kinda scared that they kill me while i have no way than just pushing the box down , while crowds are coming and im out of bullets , if re5 was all about survival and darkness + monsters other than majinis it would have been really scary , soo my point is that in revelations we have that , like monsters come from nowhere , and you only get scared if you were playing , just think that your playing and suddenly a monster jumps on you from up , this would make you jump out of your place , melee here makes a good use if you wanna save ammo , and at the same time i kinda hate how jill kick them in a stylish way
                      but they should make the monster to fight back fast instead of making him stay soo long , soo that you get scared of even trying to kick him , he might hit you instead ... then you gotta run ....
                      Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                      ^ Lol ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
                        it wont happen with lickers , remember in re5 ? thatd be stupid if they did this , the only scary thing in re5 was the lickers to be truly , yes i was kinda scared that they kill me while i have no way than just pushing the box down , while crowds are coming and im out of bullets , if re5 was all about survival and darkness + monsters other than majinis it would have been really scary , soo my point is that in revelations we have that , like monsters come from nowhere , and you only get scared if you were playing , just think that your playing and suddenly a monster jumps on you from up , this would make you jump out of your place , melee here makes a good use if you wanna save ammo , and at the same time i kinda hate how jill kick them in a stylish way
                        but they should make the monster to fight back fast instead of making him stay soo long , soo that you get scared of even trying to kick him , he might hit you instead ... then you gotta run ....
                        Not sure if I understand you correctly...but you could melee lickers in RE5, which is the point Newsbot is trying to make. Adding the melee takes away from the sense of horror. Group of monsters pop up? Stagger them all back by just kicking on. The idea of conserving ammo comes from the need to decide "Do I shoot them all or just run?" not "I can save ammo by shooting one in the knee and then breaking his neck with my thighs!" All sense of horror is taken out of a game where you can literally jump the full length of a man's body onto his shoulders and with a simple turn, break his neck.
                        sigpic
                        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Okay, can someone tell me what does Rachel says in the beggining of the trailer? I picked up something like: "This is Rachel, we had only one problem, I haven't had any ??? yet". The rest I can understand completly.

I'm doing the translation for my Youtube channel where I put RE related stuff with subtitles.

Comment

• I hear "nuisance"

Comment

• "This is Rachel. Yeah, that won't be a problem. I haven't hit any snags yet. I just want to get off this godforsaken ship."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bertha View Post
                                The idea of conserving ammo comes from the need to decide "Do I shoot them all or just run?" not "I can save ammo by shooting one in the knee and then breaking his neck with my thighs!" All sense of horror is taken out of a game where you can literally jump the full length of a man's body onto his shoulders and with a simple turn, break his neck.
                                That's one reason why I wont touch the mercenaries 3d, every melee move is an instant kill.

The RE4 melee move made more sense as it was used for crowd control, and occasionally you'd kill one or two Ganados with a kick, but god...the second they implemented instant kills in RE5 things spun out of control.

Comment

Working...
                                X