No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6 Trailer #1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not seeing anything game breaking yet, just worrying. Chris fighting possibly uninfected enemies, Leon's power slide ability and Baldy punching out enemies that also don't seem to be infected by do seem to have robbed a carnival is kinda worrying. Not enough to make me think it'll be shit, but enough to make me cautious.

I just really hope the Majini are gone or modified to a point where they aren't such a crap enemy. If you're gonna have a smart enemy, have them act remotely intelligently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davi Redfield View Post
      Just have to say that the "10 years afer Raccoon incident" doesn't mean that the game events take place in 2008. It can took place in 2009, after March, and before October, and still would be set "10 years after Raccoon incident".
      What stupid logic, if you refer to something in 23 months time you do not say 'in one year'. You say 'In two years'.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Click "Overview": http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...5-d80243430819

The highly anticipated "Resident Evil 6" is finally here. Set in 2013, 10 years after the Raccoon City incident, the world faces the horror of a global scale bioterrorism attack. Immersive gameplay experience, horror, excitement, deep emotion and dense storyline, set in an epic scale. More horror, more realistic and more drama. The best horror entertainment experience ever.
        So the game is set in 2013, but takes place 10 years after Raccoon City? lolwut

Comment

• Maybe the president gets killed 10 years after Raccoon City but that's just a flashback or maybe only Leon's section is 10 years and the rest 2013.

Comment

• None of this shit is official. It's all speculation. All we can do is wait for word from Capcom, or, you know, for the game to release.

Comment

• To be honest it looks to me like capcom is actual trying to make a game to suit everybodies needs, in the trailer theres evidence of horror in Leons part of the game (which is what most of us have been screamign for since RE4), then theres chris's action packed Gears of evil style of game play and then im guessing that the Ashley/Scarface section will feature a fair amount of co op game play. As a fabn of both the old RE and the new style im pretty dman happy with what ive seen so far. Also the range of different gameplay that this game seems to be offering (ofcourse this is all specualtion on my part since it is only the first glimpse of the game) is very appealing to me as well, if done right it could serve to keep the game fresh through out the whole campaign (unlike RE5 which gets stale after a while).
              Im loving the new epic scale of story that capcom is going for these days too, also the decent dialogue and voice acting is really welcome to the series.
              All in all if capcom doesnt completely scrap this version of RE6 (resident evil 5.5 anybody?) for another, less impressive version then i think that 2012 is looking like a great year to be a Resident Evil fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headhunter99 View Post
                lol the game avolves and changes over time it's just the way it is to me its more resident evil than re4 is at lest for now i have played all RES since the very beginning and like most original fans i miss the old ones to but things change the series would not survive if it didn't
                Pretty silly to think that a series survives by changing what made it successful. The classic games hold extremely well in sales. But if a Gear of Evil is required for the series to survive then let's see how long this action trend can last for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                  Pretty silly to think that a series survives by changing what made it successful.
                  Not really, considering sales for the series were on a downward slope until Resident Evil 4 was released. Just because it was once successful doesn't mean it's going to stay that way forever. And even if sales were still solid, the RE series wasn't nearly as well regarded post-CODE: Veronica as it was prior.

It should also be noted that very few series out there have remained successful in the long term, or at least as successful as they were initially, while changing very little from their original inception.

Well, unless we're talking about Call of Duty.
                  Last edited by Archelon; 01-21-2012, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                    It's definitely the most active year since the birth of the series.
                    It the most active since the TGS in late 1999. At that point we had RE3 just about out, Code Vernoica due in early 2000, and Survivor and Zero both officially announced for 2000. Plus a port of RE2 due for N64 and Dreamcast before years end, plus the Game Boy RE. Oh and Okamoto took it upon himself to say Capcom was working on RE4 for PS2.

Also, for the lolz:

Last edited by Rombie; 01-21-2012, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• observation win

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                        Not really, considering sales for the series were on a downward slope until Resident Evil 4 was released. Just because it was once successful doesn't mean it's going to stay that way forever. And even if sales were still solid, the RE series wasn't nearly as well regarded post-CODE: Veronica as it was prior.
                        The main series has sold exceptionally well. There were spin offs that did okay, and even some main entries that were at the time released exclusively to other platforms.

Your outlook is misguided. Also the series was still popular before RE4 and CV. RE2 at the time was the highest selling RE game and all forms of RE media were being released including making the feature length movie.

You and Capcom seem to share some kind of fear that the series would shrivel and die if they put their efforts into actually making a game designed like the originals were. Perhaps the series could make due with sticking with a target audience and working on a game based on that. RE6 tries to be too many things, and the only thing that seems to stick out for it is the action which was not what made RE successful.

Comment

• As a single SKU, RE2 is still the best selling title on release selling just shy of 5 million units on the PS1 alone - not including the Dual Shock rerelease. Capcom had cheated on RE5's sales a bit by not breaking down the sales into multiple platforms like they used to and even included gold edition sales into the overall. That said as a title 5 is well over 6 million units now and is the best seller as far as the franchise is concerned.

Due to the conflict that the online base seems to say they want old school but the sales say new school action, the trailer for 6 looks as conflicted as this issue.

Comment

• Well the obvious thing you learn is that for all the talk of the time it would take to develop and what they would need to reboot not a single thing about RE6's trailer says that they were going to go through with that. This looks like it was in development for three years at the most. Which is not bad, but the game play looks exactly like RE4 and RE5 with features known throughout most modern casual games released already. They're playing catch up basically which is a shame since at the time of RE4's release they had spurred the over-the-shoulder shooter type of game play. Now other games are handling it better. Action games mainly. RE loses its scares, but seeks out the action fans. Pretty disappointing in my opinion.

And that's me as a gamer who likes the horror genre. As a fan of the RE franchise I think it's absurd to make RE6 star the two characters who previously starred in RE4 and RE5. Are the ladies merely reduced to 3DS games and a heroes mode in ORC? I'd like to think there's enough content for Jill and Claire to make other games with them after RE5. Not just recaps or inbetweenquels.

Comment

• Who's to say that Jill and Claire won't be in RE6, in some way, shape or form? Or even Rebecca or Barry, for that matter? It's still too soon. They don't NEED starring roles, do they? Chris and Leon are lettin' their dicks dangle together in RE6, so I don't see why Jill and Claire and whoever else can't also take a 'back seat.'

I'd like to imagine Jill might have a Hunnigan-type role in this game. A Mei Ling of sorts. Maybe even Claire too. Claire's not a frontline fighter anymore, she showed that in Degeneration.
                              Last edited by Vector; 01-21-2012, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Alyson Court confirmed she's not in RE6 already, and if there was anyone in the series who we don't need to worry about being replaced with a new actor anytime soon it would be her. So Claire is out.

You got me on Jill for the time being. Capcom is said to have confirmed Ada Wong as a returning character and didn't bother to mention Jill in trailer or game description. Doesn't mean she won't be in it, but given what we do know about the game thus far the main characters are the three male leads the trailer focuses on. And that's why I doubt much involvement from her if any. You have two previous leads leading the next game. Why can't they be supporting roles themselves?

EDIT: As far as if the RE girls need starring roles I believe they do. RE4 and RE5 cater to the action genre and have the standard plot outline of cliche'd male protagonist rescues damsel and fights off rival.

Why would it be a problem to have Claire or Jill star in a main game again? I guess Revelations is the closest thing we'll get for Jill, but sadly it takes place before RE5 so I don't expect much to impact her character. Claire is definitely a missed opportunity given her downtime near the end of Code Veronica and Degeneration where Chris and Leon step in to remove the final monster in those encounters.
                                Last edited by Smiley; 01-21-2012, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X