Biohazard Outbreak: Japanese Server Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biohazard Outbreak: Japanese Server Players

So guys, Alzaire and I have subscribed to the Japanese outbreak servers and have been playing regularly for the past two days. Outbreak 1 is totally dead every time we sign on, so we're the only ones playing it

Does anyone else have an account there? If so, we need to arrange some play times! Alzaire and I are both fallen OB players, so we're a bit rusty. We play the game to have fun, and work our ranks up.

I'll be writing a guide on how to sign up soon. The cost per month is anywhere from 1 cent to 10 dollars (10$ being the absolute max they charge). It varies based on usage it seems.

To play, you'll need the following:
    • Japanese Playstation 2 (Modded US/PAL system can work, but requires some patching to defeat DNAS, more on that later)
    • Network Adapter (Can be US, JPN, PAL, whatever)
    • Credit Card (Visa works)
    • Biohazard Outbreak File 1 or 2

A Playstation 3 that is backwards compatible will also work, and actually loads the game quicker. Though, you will need a Japanese PS3, obviously. We don't play with the hard drive, as the system I capture on is a PS3, with no ability to install the game.

If anyone is interested in joining us, let us know here so we can get some games going.

Current Players:
    • Dot50Cal
    • Alzaire
    • Carnivol
    • Randomwab
    • Yama
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-05-2009, 08:56 AM.

r the japanese servers still up? damn, i wish i had a jap ps3 now

Comment

Yep, both OB File 1 and 2 are still working. Supposedly they are hosted on the same server as some big Monster Hunter game, so its unlikely they will go anywhere, at least for the time being.

Comment

damn, i really want to play re online now since i never experienced it before cuz i didnt have a internet adaptor when the servers were still on here in the US

Comment

I'd love to play the first one! I haven't played it in months. I can't play this week-end though. All my OB buddies have abandoned the game. I can get you a full collection of costumes if you want to.

I think you can still play some ancient KOF games too with the KDDI service.
          Last edited by The_15th; 02-27-2009, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I have all of those things - on the other side of the planet. Useful, eh?

Comment

Well, you should be good..you are connecting to the Japanese server afterall

If you guys want to play, let me know. Chris (Alzaire) and I usually play around this time. We use Skype on the PC to communicate, so it would be awesome if you guys could snag that as well

I'm not 100% ready to go capturing footage just yet, so we're mostly shaking the rust off at the moment. The big accomplishment yesterday was beating BFP on normal, hahaha.

15th, do you think theres any way to modify the game disc itself in order to unlock the File 3 NPC's? I'm using a PS3 where gamesharks don't work (?)
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 02-27-2009, 06:37 PM.

Comment

I really wish I'd had the chance to play this online. I only ever played it with the AI, unfortunately, and that made me want to throw it in the garbage bin.

Comment

Maybe some File 1 and 2 players can help out here. I was speaking with Gene today, and he mentioned that I should get footage of all the players as zombies, since thats unique to the online mode. Can anyone think of anything else you can only see in the online mode?

Comment

Alzaire told me it's completely different experience online as opposed to offline, and he played it offline today and the AI makes him want to stab someone. I never played any of it online, so I found the whole experience really frustrating and I never got anything out of it. Online it'd probably be really good.

Comment

I've considered doing this for some time. I think of it every time I see a network adapter on ebay.
                      But I wasn't sure that it would work. I've got a PAL PS2 with a mod-chip.
                      I play the Outbreak games off my HDD. I couldn't handle playing them from the disks because of the loading times.
                      I do have the Biohazard versions, so I could put them on my HDD. But I've spent AGES playing and unlocking loads of stuff, so if I went to the Bio versions I would have to start from scratch again (the save files aren't compatible).
                      We don't play with the hard drive, as the system I capture on is a PS3, with no ability to install the game.
                      Dot, I remember downloading a little file from the PSN (I don't know if it's still there) but I think it was to allow PS2 games with HDD install options (Outbreak and FF) to be put on your PS3 HDD. Am I imagining things?
                      I never tried it out because I actually play the NTSC versions and I've got a PAL PS3.

Comment

If you can get a game save from your comp to your PS3 you can have all the characters.

Wha'ts unique about online? I think pretty much everything. Offline seems like an afterthought. The AI is smarter on lower difficulties but it's still nowhere near as fun as having 3 other independent players that could pop up anywhere. Playing with total noobs who don't know anything and die early is more fun than the AI. :]

Zombie mode isn't really worth it imo. The other players could just chain you to death if they got behind your back and you were screwed.

The Japanese server for #1 is full of bugs we didn't have in America. I think it makes slightly harder on DVD.

Originally posted by Skunky View Post

Dot, I remember downloading a little file from the PSN (I don't know if it's still there) but I think it was to allow PS2 games with HDD install options.
                        Doesn't work for Outbreak.
                        Last edited by The_15th; 02-27-2009, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Which kind of bugs 15th? I haven't really noticed anything.

We just beat BFP for a second time and decided to move on. We beat the Hive on our first try. Gonna try to do it a second time, then we'll move on to the next.

Decisions Decisions is gonna be fun! I played it one time, and the team I played with did everything and I just followed along, not knowing wtf was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                            Which kind of bugs 15th? I haven't really noticed anything.

We just beat BFP for a second time and decided to move on. We beat the Hive on our first try. Gonna try to do it a second time, then we'll move on to the next.

Decisions Decisions is gonna be fun! I played it one time, and the team I played with did everything and I just followed along, not knowing wtf was going on.

i never beat decisions decisions since i didnt no wat to do and the ai's r f'ing retarded

Comment

Lol yeah, in Decisions, Decisions I would find one of my AI team mates wandering around by himself in some underground tunnel like an hour into gameplay. I did beat it a few times but it was kind of annoying though.

Comment

Working...
                              X