No announcement yet.

Left 4 Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fun and challenge comes in versus mode. Playing as a hunter or a tank makes the game a lot of fun

Comment

• The game shines in Coop mode. If you are playing single player, its not very interesting. Versus is there for the long haul, or to tide you over until they get more campaigns up.

Comment

• i just hope the 360 gets the same love as the PC. like a map builder that allows you to make maps and upload them for install on the 360

Comment

• The game is definitely better online. Online, you get people who are trying to kill you, people who are selfish, and people who don't give a damn about you if you get slime'd or hunter'd - lots of unpredictable players. Offline, you only get the AIs, which while are entirely selfless, are incredibly dull to play with.

And I agree with Dot and PO about Versus mode. The game is lots better when actual people are controlling the special zombies/bosses. You'll actually need genuine cooperation between the group if you don't want all three of your teammates pinned down by a smoker/hunter while zombies are chasing you. All the more so if all three of them are down and requiring your assistance to get them back up on their feet, and there's a hunter hot on your heels.
          Last edited by biohazard_star; 11-28-2008, 11:15 PM.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

• I really doubt Valve will put Hammer on 360. It doesn't fit with the control scheme, or Microsofts policy on user-generated mods.

I finally earned the Do Not Disturb achievement today. The game was such a bastard with always spawning a witch at an in-passable point for me. Kill a tank single handedly and no ff are really the only attainable ones that are left for me.
            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 11-29-2008, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skunky View Post
              Someone told me this is coming to PS3 in Feb 09 but I havn't read anything about it happening. Is it BS?

Sounds like a great game but I'm not gonna go buy a 360 to play it... (even though I could afford one)
              If it comes out on the PS3, Valve won't be handling the port. That's what happened with The Orange Box.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                If it comes out on the PS3, Valve won't be handling the port. That's what happened with The Orange Box.

And valve said that no one else will handle the game but them. They said the game will not come to PS3. They've refused to let the company that ported OB get ahold of L4D.

Comment

• I got around to playing a lot more this week and as mention above the game is great online. My only gripe is I still think it is difficult to get a good game started. I like playing with people who communicate and stick with each other. I was playing this morning and it was nothing but a friendly fire match. I played a great game Friday with three others but when we got to the final level of No Mercy on expert we just couldn't finish. Offline I just run through the campaigns on advanced mode with the bots to get a feel for each level.

Comment

• Does anyone play this anymore? I got it for Christmas and it's BALLIN'. I need friends though, I just got an Xbox...so add me if you wanna play!

Comment

• Well, most of us who play are playing the PC version. I don't think we can play with you 360 players.
                      Seibu teh geimu?
                      ---

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                        Does anyone play this anymore? I got it for Christmas and it's BALLIN'. I need friends though, I just got an Xbox...so add me if you wanna play!
                        ok whats your gamertag? i plan on renting it next week with a friend for new years eve

Comment

• I still play it from time to time. GT: Project OMEG4

Comment

• Well, I got this plus Gears of War and Fable II...I beat one Chapter in GeoW and haven't opened Fable II yet...

...so I guess you could say I like this game. I'm pissed people play it on PC.

Comment

• I don't know if anyone knew, but Steam's having a sale. L4D is now only 34.50 USD until January 2.
                              Seibu teh geimu?
                              ---

Comment

• I played this game the other night with my friend and most say this game is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X