Xbox 360 or PS3? *flinch*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
    Almost no multi-platform games look the same on different consoles and almost all to all games look superior on the Xbox 360.
    You're right, even if they perform similarly, the games cannot be 100% identical due to differences in architectures. What you said about superiority applied in 2007, but nowadays pretty much all multiplatform titles are near identical with negligible differences.

That's 50$ better than the PS3 wherever you live.
    You don't get WiFi, stuck with a proprietary HDD, and need a way to recharge your controllers. That's from a gaming point of view. Add all factors (BD, online, Linux installation etc), and the PS3 is still a better value.

We get it though, you love the 360

Comment

About the 360's problems: Microsoft will fix anyone's 360 for free. Don't even have to pay shipping costs. They never even bothered asking me for warranty information when my 360 red ringed, too. Also: my 360's red ring was caused by one of a few defective copies of Dead Rising, and had nothing to do with the 360 overheating.

But on to actually answering the question: at this point, all it comes down to is which exclusives you care about more. Earlier I would have said 360, hands down. But now that the PS3 has so many good exclusives (<_< >_> actually, the only ones I care about are MGS4 and Ratchet and Clank, but that's enough for me), they're both good systems.

But keep in mind: the PS3 is never going to have Banjo-Kazooie on the PSN. THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A SECOND.

But keep in mind also: the 360 is never going to have Final Fantasy XIII. THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A SECOND. Waitcrapnevermind

And that's why you should throw both consoles out the window and get a Turbografx.

Comment

Techncially not entirely true. Mine broke down with a problem they're aware of but they wanted me to pay about $140 to have it fixed. I ended up buying a new one and selling the old for spares. It didn't Red Ring so they wanted me to pay, even though it's another of there little faults.

And I thought Final Fantasy XIII had been confirmed for a 360 release, but my mind might be wandering.

Comment

That's why he said "waitnevermind", trying to be funny about it i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
            hahaha, sounds like someone swallowed a PR Bullshit Sandwhich!

How on earth does it even BEGIN to prove how much of a gamer a person is when anyone with half a brain knows how flawed the system is?

The gamerscore don't show how much people have done in their games, the Achievements that go with them do that, the score for a game is irrelevant. You can rack up massive Gamerscore points without even touching the main single player element of the game.

And wow. Competing with friends and foes? For what exactly?
            Actually, it's you who sound like a PS-fanboy. Bit of a retard aswell.
            In order to get achievements you have to, obviously, play the game - or use illegal hacking devices which get your account completely erased.
            Gamerscore shows how much people have done and friends and XBO owners can compete for having the most gamerscore. Who's completed the most in a game.

My guess is you're just pissy because PS3 gets the worse trophy system which doesn't at all show any overall score. And honestly, going into someones "trophy locker" or whatever and personally checking what they've done in every game is nerdy and time consuming. Might even be on the brink to e-stalking aswell.

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
            You're right, even if they perform similarly, the games cannot be 100% identical due to differences in architectures. What you said about superiority applied in 2007, but nowadays pretty much all multiplatform titles are near identical with negligible differences.

You don't get WiFi, stuck with a proprietary HDD, and need a way to recharge your controllers. That's from a gaming point of view. Add all factors (BD, online, Linux installation etc), and the PS3 is still a better value.

We get it though, you love the 360
            Did the Sony people around here fool you into thinking that? Brushing it off like it's a "2006" or "2007" point of view doesn't work, it's the PS3s eldest argument and doesn't work for nothing.
            In fact GTAIV is superior on the Xbox 360, quite newly released Lost Planet is superior on the Xbox 360 (which it's also been out on for like 2,5 years), Assassin's Creed is superior on the Xbox 360. And I could keep going.

I don't know what "proprietary" means either, but from what I've read you seem to say that you don't get a harddrive with the Xbox 360? Please, stop making outright lies and go troll in 3 year old Xbox 360 threads on IGN.
            Simply having a battery recharger in your home isn't very uncommon either, and there are Charge n' Play devices or something alike that doesn't cost a lot. What you mean by BD is beyond my comprehension, what you mean by online I don't understand since the Xbox also have online (in fact, Xbox Live is greatly superior to PSN) and Linux installation... well, who uses Linux, really? The Xbox have Messenger and lots of PC stuff built in anyhow.

Originally posted by Gamechamp View Post
            But keep in mind also: the 360 is never going to have Final Fantasy XIII. THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A SECOND. Waitcrapnevermind
            Ooh. How could I forget that there will be no more Final Fantasies on the XBO...

Comment

Actually, it's you who sound like a PS-fanboy. Bit of a retard aswell.
              Do explain how i'd be a PlayStation fanboy considering i have 41 360 games and just 10 PS3 games? As ever, someone gets backed into a corner and plays the "OMG YOU'RE JUST A FANBOY!!1" card.

In order to get achievements you have to, obviously, play the game - or use illegal hacking devices which get your account completely erased.
              Actually no, the gamerscore gets wiped, the account remains.

Gamerscore shows how much people have done and friends and XBO owners can compete for having the most gamerscore. Who's completed the most in a game.
              That doesn't answer my question. What does have the highest gamerscore prove exactly? I could play Avatar and unlock 1000 points in a matter of minutes...is that going to make me better than someone who's racked up 10,000 kills in Gears Of War online just because i'd get more points for it?

My guess is you're just pissy because PS3 gets the worse trophy system which doesn't at all show any overall score.
              Even though i've quite clearly stated that the score system MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?

And honestly, going into someones "trophy locker" or whatever and personally checking what they've done in every game is nerdy and time consuming. Might even be on the brink to e-stalking aswell.
              And how is that any different to clicking on someone's achievements on their gamercard?

I don't know what "proprietary" means either, but from what I've read you seem to say that you don't get a harddrive with the Xbox 360? Please, stop making outright lies and go troll in 3 year old Xbox 360 threads on IGN.
              Then perhaps you should make a visit to dictionary.com and see what it means before backing yourself into an even bigger corner?

The Xbox have Messenger and lots of PC stuff built in anyhow.
              Who wants to use messenger on a console though? And what other PC stuff does it have built in?

Seems to me you're in absolutely no position at all to be calling people fanboys.
              Last edited by Stu; 08-03-2008, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Keep it civil boys and girls. Any more insults and I got me a infraction button and a burning desire to punish.

Comment

Did the Sony people around here fool you into thinking that? Brushing it off like it's a "2006" or "2007" point of view doesn't work, it's the PS3s eldest argument and doesn't work for nothing.
                  In fact GTAIV is superior on the Xbox 360, quite newly released Lost Planet is superior on the Xbox 360 (which it's also been out on for like 2,5 years), Assassin's Creed is superior on the Xbox 360. And I could keep going.
                  I'm not sure, but it could have something to do with the fact that I have both, and had a 360 before the PS3. But you should know better since you have only one, right?

Assassin's Creed and Lost Planet are 2007 games. LP was a low budget port here at only $40 that was out earlier in the year. GTAIV is a hair better on the 360 frame rate wise, and there are aesthetic choices that some people prefer on the PS3. It's a wash overall, and only a flat out idiot would say otherwise.

How about Burnout, DMC4, SCIV, Lego Star Wars, GRID, VF5 (a 2007 game) etc.? All pretty much identical; Burnout and DMC4 are actually a bit better on the PS3 (60fps cutscenes on PS3 DMC4 vs. 30fps on 360 etc.). The performance gap for multiplatform games is narrow now that one's decision should be based on exclusives.

Don't agree? Fine, just don't post your fanboy views as the bottom line and think you're right.

Simply having a battery recharger in your home isn't very uncommon either, and there are Charge n' Play devices or something alike that doesn't cost a lot. What you mean by BD is beyond my comprehension, what you mean by online I don't understand since the Xbox also have online (in fact, Xbox Live is greatly superior to PSN) and Linux installation... well, who uses Linux, really? The Xbox have Messenger and lots of PC stuff built in anyhow.
                  Get a dictionary and work on your English instead of misunderstanding posts, and ranting like demented monkey without a clue. While you're at it, ask around what trolling really means on message boards. Why would you even disagree with something you don't understand?

The PS3 uses a standard 2.5" SATA, so when you run out of space, you can install one of your own (yes, that's internal). You cannot do that with the 360. The need to charge your controller doesn't change, and shouldn't be dismissed with "chargers are common". I didn't have one since aside from remotes, everything I own uses lithium batteries so I got the plug and charge for $30. Also, there is a 360 Arcade SKU that DOESN'T come with a HDD, so it's not a standard in every unit.

BD = Blu ray Disc. Now it's your turn to say that upscaling is just as good as HD sources, and that Sony deceived people into thinking it's a good thing. We need a neutral view, so that's where you come in. While you're at it, give Carmack a ring; I hear that he recently applauded Sony for future proofing the system better.

By online, it's online play that you're dismissing as non-essential for XBL. Every other person begs to differ, but according to you, XBL is fine without online play. Lastly, you can install a different OS and run the PS3 in a different mode like a PC, which is again something you can't do on the 360.

Just to recap what you've been saying from your very first post on this thread: The 360 is the best console out there without a doubt, and the PS3 sucks in every way. Even if someone points out holes in that view, they're wrong and I'm right. GameFAQs' boards are in dire need of people like you kid, go on.
                  Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 08-03-2008, 09:13 AM.

Comment

I just *don't* get fanboys. It's like they have to be good all year so their parents let them combine their birthday and christmas presents and they can get 1 console, and they think they really have to make the right choice.

Buy one, buy none, buy both. Be happy with your purchase(s), and be happy that others are happy with theirs. No one has wasted their money if they are happy with their purchase.

I don't know what "proprietary" means either, but from what I've read you seem to say that you don't get a harddrive with the Xbox 360?
                    This made me LOL. TYVM. Keep up the good work? Acutally, please don't.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                      Keep it civil boys and girls. Any more insults and I got me a infraction button and a burning desire to punish.
                      It was inevitable that the thread would eventually take a turn down this road unfortunately.

It's cool though, it's there for all to see who decided to turn the air sour, nevermind!

Comment

Well, yeah, it pretty much was. I was quite impressed by how things were going though, and am saddened by this turn of events. But since we're all gonna get nasty I gotta tell you, you guys are all wrong. Best system is clearly the SNES.

Fools.

Comment

The SNES...with it's NO hard drive (nevermind a PROPRIETORY one!)? Are you quite serious? And where's the all unimportant online play? You're crazy!!1!

Besides, i was always a Mega Drive kid myself.
                          Last edited by Stu; 08-03-2008, 12:38 PM. Reason: i typed too quickly and missed a "y" out of crazy...this probably makes me a fanboy of vowels right?

Comment

Do explain how i'd be a PlayStation fanboy considering i have 41 360 games and just 10 PS3 games? As ever, someone gets backed into a corner and plays the "OMG YOU'RE JUST A FANBOY!!1" card.
                            No, people use it when they want to avoid discussion with a possible undiscussable idiot. I've met plenty of PS3 fanboys in my days, even stumbled across an entire site of them - who even since the release have been going on and on about how Playstation 3 rocks and it's got great games, idiots.

Actually no, the gamerscore gets wiped, the account remains.
                            That's quite what I meant, like a bank account.

That doesn't answer my question. What does have the highest gamerscore prove exactly? I could play Avatar and unlock 1000 points in a matter of minutes...is that going to make me better than someone who's racked up 10,000 kills in Gears Of War online just because i'd get more points for it?
                            That would just be unsportly - and there simply aren't crap games enough to make 141000G or something alike.

Even though i've quite clearly stated that the score system MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?
                            Envy obviously, how could you miss that point?

And how is that any different to clicking on someone's achievements on their gamercard?
                            On the Xbox 360 you just have to select a player in the lobby of almost any game, hit A once or twice to see their total amount of Gamerscore. That's very different from going into their profile, achievements and going into each individual game they've ever played for score.
                            So, you seem to think you make a lot of good points but you simply don't and it amazes me.

Then perhaps you should make a visit to dictionary.com and see what it means before backing yourself into an even bigger corner?
                            I did.

Who wants to use messenger on a console though? And what other PC stuff does it have built in?
                            Oh yeah. And who'd want a freaking GRILL in their gaming machine?

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
                            I'm not sure, but it could have something to do with the fact that I have both, and had a 360 before the PS3. But you should know better since you have only one, right?
                            I should know better since I've seen extensive texting from several sources all around the internet, and tested as much as possible on my half.

It's a wash overall, and only a flat out idiot would say otherwise.
                            In fact it's not, Kotaku listed like a dozen differences and only a flat out idiot would say otherwise. Oh, you were saying what now?

How about Burnout, DMC4, SCIV, Lego Star Wars, GRID, VF5 (a 2007 game) etc.? All pretty much identical; Burnout and DMC4 are actually a bit better on the PS3 (60fps cutscenes on PS3 DMC4 vs. 30fps on 360 etc.). The performance gap for multiplatform games is narrow now that one's decision should be based on exclusives.
                            Never heard anything about those games being the least different, probably because they are the "wash overalls" you are talking about. PS3 games having 60 FPS doesn't really matter, anyhow, since the human eye can't catch 60 FPs. Completely beyond me why some people are developing current gen games set to release 2009 to run at 120 FPS constant.

Get a dictionary and work on your English instead of misunderstanding posts, and ranting like demented monkey without a clue. While you're at it, ask around what trolling really means on message boards. Why would you even disagree with something you don't understand?
                            Yees. Very impressive. You just said the same thing twice, didn't you? But now you've updated and insulted me and wrote it a tad longer. I am impressed.
                            In case you still got eyeballs you probably can see that I disagreed in case what I wrote was what you were saying. Since you didn't, you shouldn't even respond. You don't seem to comprehend a lot of what people say without hearing voices and facial expressions.

The PS3 uses a standard 2.5" SATA, so when you run out of space, you can install one of your own (yes, that's internal).
                            Install one of your own what? Harddrives? Wow. I really fail to see why one would want to install your own harddrive, when you've already got one.

The need to charge your controller doesn't change, and shouldn't be dismissed with "chargers are common". I didn't have one since aside from remotes, everything I own uses lithium batteries so I got the plug and charge for $30.
                            Well, how lucky I didn't dismiss it as "chargers are common" then. You even got the second solution into your post, congratulations.

Also, there is a 360 Arcade SKU that DOESN'T come with a HDD, so it's not a standard in every unit.
                            And guess what? It's even cheaper! O_O

While you're at it, give Carmack a ring; I hear that he recently applauded Sony for future proofing the system better.
                            I havn't heard anything about that. Since he's one of my idols, he's been developing games for Microsofts consoles for what, 20 years, and since he's been developing games for the Xbox since like 5 years ago I'd forgive him even if he said so.
                            You are quite immature.

Lastly, you can install a different OS and run the PS3 in a different mode like a PC, which is again something you can't do on the 360.
                            So, you can install Linux or Windows on your PS3? That just seems wierd, don't you have a PC already? Or are you writing all this from your PS3? I'm sure you are.

Just to recap what you've been saying from your very first post on this thread: The 360 is the best console out there without a doubt, and the PS3 sucks in every way. Even if someone points out holes in that view, they're wrong and I'm right. GameFAQs' boards are in dire need of people like you kid, go on.
                            Yes, very mature. Lets play along then: Xbox 360 is my God, there is no other video gaming console. It is perfect in every way, not a single one have broken and they will still remain after the apocalypse seeing as they are indestructible. Playstation 3 is an awful console, there's nothing right about it. Everyone who ever loves it will be sent to Hell to burn in the flames, til the day Xboxes break. That means never. Woho.

Comment

No, people use it when they want to avoid discussion with a possible undiscussable idiot. I've met plenty of PS3 fanboys in my days, even stumbled across an entire site of them - who even since the release have been going on and on about how Playstation 3 rocks and it's got great games, idiots.
                              What's an "undiscussable idiot"? Are you still smarting from not knowing what "proprietory" meant, and are trying to use long words to try and save face?

That's quite what I meant, like a bank account.
                              How is it "quite" like a bank account then?

That would just be unsportly - and there simply aren't crap games enough to make 141000G or something alike.
                              Yes, there is.

Envy obviously, how could you miss that point?
                              I'm starting to think you're a bit lost now.

On the Xbox 360 you just have to select a player in the lobby of almost any game, hit A once or twice to see their total amount of Gamerscore. That's very different from going into their profile, achievements and going into each individual game they've ever played for score.
                              haha! You don't think it'll be the same on the PS3 as well eventually then?

So, you seem to think you make a lot of good points but you simply don't and it amazes me.
                              I'm not making points, most of these aren't even opinions, they're just facts that your own narrow mindedness fails to decipher (might want a dictionary for that one?).

Oh yeah. And who'd want a freaking GRILL in their gaming machine?
                              That's quite funny coming from someone who just recently said "Brushing it off like it's a "2006" or "2007" point of view doesn't work". I'm quite sure there's no actual grill in my PS3, and that this is just an over-used joke from a few years back that you're using?[/QUOTE]

Now, move on, or at least try and be civil.

Also, use how to use the quote perfection properly.
                              Last edited by Stu; 08-03-2008, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Never heard anything about those games being the least different, probably because they are the "wash overalls" you are talking about. PS3 games having 60 FPS doesn't really matter, anyhow, since the human eye can't catch 60 FPs. Completely beyond me why some people are developing current gen games set to release 2009 to run at 120 FPS constant.
                                Well then, if you haven't then you just proved my point about performance gaps in multiplatform games being narrow that differences are negligible and few mention them. You're arguing about nicks and say:

I should know better since I've seen extensive texting from several sources all around the internet, and tested as much as possible on my half.
                                ..yet you can't tell 30Hz from 60Hz? 120Hz in games? Impossible with current hardware. The best PC rig out there right now can't do it, and the closest thing was DMC4 PC cutscenes running at that frame rate. Most of us here must have super vision if we can tell the performance gap between 30 and 60Hz.

I can in fact list A LOT of differences between GTAIV versions, and even DMC4. Much more technical than Kotaku's half assed attempt. Fact remains that no matter what version you have, the experience from a technical standpoint is virtually the same.

Yees. Very impressive. You just said the same thing twice, didn't you? But now you've updated and insulted me and wrote it a tad longer. I am impressed.
                                In case you still got eyeballs you probably can see that I disagreed in case what I wrote was what you were saying. Since you didn't, you shouldn't even respond. You don't seem to comprehend a lot of what people say without hearing voices and facial expressions.
                                Disagreed on the basis that you didn't understand what proprietary meant, but rambled on anyway? BD was "beyond your comprehension". The best you could do is say that you've looked things up online, and mention 2007 releases that don't really negate what I said. Apparently reading about games instead of playing them gives one more credibility.

I said the same thing twice, and edited..? Ooh, seems that I hit a nerve there lol. Trolling has a completely different meaning in the dictionary than it does on message boards, so you shouldn't look that up in the same manner as looking up a definition. You're not in any position to accuse anyone here of failure to comprehend sentences or written words, especially that you've admitted to the latter once already.

But why would you say you looked up what proprietary meant while claiming you didn't understand what it means? That's not wit. If you don't understand anything, look it up.

Install one of your own what? Harddrives? Wow. I really fail to see why one would want to install your own harddrive, when you've already got one.
                                You fail to see why people want more storage? I said when you run out of space. Both consoles are more than mere game machines with video stores and the ability to turn them into media hubs. With the 360 fall update's option to install games on the HDD, such an option would be welcomed with open arms by anyone.

You think it's a useless feature though, and you're supposed to be the neutral one.

So, you can install Linux or Windows on your PS3? That just seems wierd, don't you have a PC already? Or are you writing all this from your PS3? I'm sure you are.
                                You can use your 360 as a media hub with modifications, but you can also do that with a PC. Value is the word here. If you can get more out of a hardware, why wouldn't you? And no, I'm not posting from a PS3.

I havn't heard anything about that. Since he's one of my idols, he's been developing games for Microsofts consoles for what, 20 years, and since he's been developing games for the Xbox since like 5 years ago I'd forgive him even if he said so.
                                You are quite immature.
                                MS didn't have consoles for about 20 years, and Carmack was a high school senior in 1988. How kind of you to forgive him:

I'm not sure how pointing this out make me immature, but at this point, you do know better. Pointing out the Arcade SKU was in response to your claim that I suggested that 360's don't come with HDD's as they are, even though you misunderstood it as me saying that ALL SKU's don't. Not sure how that being cheaper is something worth mentioning, because that doesn't change the value comparison of the two.

Yes, very mature. Lets play along then: Xbox 360 is my God, there is no other video gaming console. It is perfect in every way, not a single one have broken and they will still remain after the apocalypse seeing as they are indestructible. Playstation 3 is an awful console, there's nothing right about it. Everyone who ever loves it will be sent to Hell to burn in the flames, til the day Xboxes break. That means never. Woho.
                                Given your incoherent posts, the fact that you're making less sense, and resorted to insults slowly, you're getting a bit intimidated by several people calling on your bs. Either that, or you've hit a medicine cabinet recently. A condescending (dictionary? :p) tone doesn't work well when you pretty much proved to everyone that you're clueless.

Despite this poor attempt at wit, this paragraph of yours basically sums up how you're actually sounding to everyone here. I'm sure you're going to crack out another gem of a post. You actually had the nerve to be upset that someone replied to your attack on them, especially that the basis of your attack was a misunderstanding due to a language barrier.

If you like having the last word, knock yourself out... uh, not literally though
                                Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 08-03-2008, 10:14 PM. Reason: HTML

Comment

Working...
                                X