No announcement yet.

What Game/Games are you playing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I completed Gears Of War earlier (and I really hate that goddamn final boss. Honestly, it was a complete pain) and I'm going to start on the sequal sometime soon.

Comment

• Playing Batman:Arkham Asylum. It's pretty good except for the boss fights. Practically all of them are the exact same. That...really disappoints me.
      sigpic
      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
        Playing Batman:Arkham Asylum. It's pretty good except for the boss fights. Practically all of them are the exact same. That...really disappoints me.
        The TITAN bosses did get very similar on how it was executed, same for Bane, but the other bosses (Croc, Ivy, Scarecrow) did have an ice touch on testing batman in the appropriate section where their forte is to tackle batman; great game, it's my game of the year personally (for now!).

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
          Fatal Frame. Man, this is pretty scary, but a friend tells me in comparison, FFII is unbelievable how scary it is. D:

Also, why haven't more horror games done this same thing? Random encounters... nothing like opening a door only to have a ghost with a broken neck appear behind you. T_T
          I just started Fatal Frame/Project Zero yesterday, since I found a copy here.
          I can only imagine how PZ2 is like.
          sigpic
          Non-blurry Signature Version
          Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
            I just started Fatal Frame/Project Zero yesterday, since I found a copy here.
            I can only imagine how PZ2 is like.
            Wait until you hit the random encounters. Nothing like opening a door and suddenly being attacked by a woman with a broken neck.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post
              I completed Gears Of War earlier (and I really hate that goddamn final boss. Honestly, it was a complete pain) and I'm going to start on the sequal sometime soon.
              Have you tried fighting RAAM on Insane difficulty?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                Have you tried fighting RAAM on Insane difficulty?
                No, I don't even want to. It took me long enough to beat him on the lowest difficulty.

Comment

• Originally posted by ganado View Post
                  The TITAN bosses did get very similar on how it was executed, same for Bane, but the other bosses (Croc, Ivy, Scarecrow) did have an ice touch on testing batman in the appropriate section where their forte is to tackle batman; great game, it's my game of the year personally (for now!).
                  I haven't played much, so I havent progressed to the other bosses. I did watch my brother play through a lot though. I have to say...the Croc part was a bit disappointing. There was no real fighting...just...throw Batarang and run. Though the sneaking part did seem like fun. I'll play more today and see for myself.
                  sigpic
                  Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post
                    No, I don't even want to. It took me long enough to beat him on the lowest difficulty.
                    You basically need to hit him in the face with the sniper rifle AND get a perfect reload every single time. If you miss one shot, you're fucked. It's quite challenging, but I remember having fun with it at the same time. The swarm is a real pain in the ass.

Comment

absolutely agree with you, for now it's GOTY 09

(but Uncharted 2 will probably take this place)
                      Spoiler:

Comment

• If I had to guess what GoTY '09 will be(which is silly because there are MANY games left to come out and we're only in September), Batman would probably be a nominee...but I could see it going to either Modern Warfare 2, Uncharted 2 or Halo 3: ODST(because everyone knows Halo games are always high-rated no matter how 'meh' they really are).

Comment

• Modern Warfare 2's in the generic terribly overrated "meh" crowd too (Going by Modern Warfare 1, I'd say it's an insult to Halo to not mention how poor its design really is)
                          And the moment someone says "But the multipla..." know that Halo's got a pretty solid multiplayer component too, with a wide variety of customization and different game modes... and *gasp* co-op campaign (w/split screen support <3)

By the way, any words on whether or not Firefight is the only co-op mode in ODST?

Also, random note; Not a Halo fan.

(Some of the greatest fun I've had this year has been in Red Faction, Bionic Commando, Resident Evil 5 and a good few XBLA releases... but I'd say your GOTY predictions are probably spot on. GOTY PS3 = Uncharted 2, GOTY 360 = ODST, GOTY MULTI = MW2)
                          Last edited by Carnivol; 09-07-2009, 03:11 PM.

Comment

I'm sure ODST will soon change that.. and Carn, you can do the campaign in co-op, and the Halo 3 online multiplayer also comes with it if you don't already own Halo 3.
                            Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 09-07-2009, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                              By the way, any words on whether or not Firefight is the only co-op mode in ODST?
                              Nah, the campaign is as well.

ODST only appeared on my radar today, very much looking forward to having seen so much video of it today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                                Wait until you hit the random encounters. Nothing like opening a door and suddenly being attacked by a woman with a broken neck.
                                Ouch, thanks for the warning Canas. Now I have to track down Project Zero 2 and 3. Also got Clock Tower 3 last week, having a bit of fun with that although I think I still prefer Haunting Ground to CT3.

And have also been playing through Final Fantasy: Dissidia, still got a bit to go on that one and I've also been playing through RE1 and Final Fantasy VIII for stuff to go onto YouTube. (I went through Dissidia as Squall at first, and now I've just been doing Quick Battles as randoms, like Ultimecia - who is amazing in it and the references in her script does really put an end to some of those old, old theories about her).

And ODST looks alright - I've already played a bit of the campaign and multiplayer - the Halo fans said it's alright, just bit more of a challenge with it's limitations and a bit different with the plot/time-line jumping.

I wouldn't really know, not a Halo fan or player (personally, I wouldn't have gone to it as I find them rather "meh" and/or boring) but that's just what I saw at the Halo event here.
                                sigpic
                                Non-blurry Signature Version
                                Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Working...
                                X