Recently Seen Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman in the Dunes.

While the novel had some crucial detail the movie left out (obviously it comes with any adaptation; someone in class asked why the main character made his choice in the end, nice evidence right there), this is through and through a visual film. Out of all the memorable metaphors in the novel, only one made it into the movie, but the lines can't all be in monologue can they? Great interaction between those stark (yet oftentimes moving) images of sand and a nice string score that reminded me of some of Wendy Carlos's stuff in The Shining. Both films are about confinement, so its a fitting similarity.
    Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 04-15-2010, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
      Harry Brown.

The british version of Gran Torino......and it was good.
      Been wanting to see that.

Comment

• Alice in Wonderland(in theaters)
        Halloween II (Rob Zombie remake)
        Sherlock Holmes
        The Bourne Trilogy
        The Final Destination
        Run Fatboy Run
        Clerks II
        Ring II
        Final Fantasy XII
        Eagle Eye

Comment

• I just saw the recent Sherlock Holmes adaption.

God, anybody else notice they, like, make Homes' and Watson's friendship, like, borderline SLASH. Jeez. I mean, the movie was good, but... damn, man. It was just so THERE. I need to read the books again.

Comment

• A Michael Crichton film (never knew he directed), called Coma. It's a conspiracy suspense thriller, with a lot of talented actors/actresses such as Michael Douglas, Genvieve Bujold (first time I've seen her), and Rip Torn. In terms of the buildup and mystery, I haven't seen anything this engaging in a while. When everything's revealed, eh, it goes on too long. Nonetheless I was satisfied by the end and some of the visuals (look at the poster) will remain in my mind.

I forgot what game referenced it (well, according to some source), probably a Silent Hill entry. There's something that brings the words "Richard Braintree" to mind, but I might be wrong.

Comment

• Pretty sure "Richard Braintree" was in SH 4.

Comment

• Of course. When I said "Silent Hill entry" I meant it like "entry in the series."

Comment

• Saw the Mist. Enjoyed it right until the last two minutes, then exploaded in a giant ball of rage and hate that consumed all the oxygen for a three mile radius. It was a Steven King ending to end all Steven King endings. The irony? King's novella ended differently, and I felt, better. Although I've been told that after King saw it he would have ended the book that way if he'd thought of it.

Most annoyingly; I've seen variations on the ending a few other places, and they were all done better than that one. It just felt like a titanic kick to the balls.

Comment

• ^... there were variations to the ending?

Also, isn't it a good thing that the ending made you ball up in rage? It made me do that, but I thought of that as a good thing, as it doesn't happen a lot to most people.

Comment

• Yeah, the novella has a different ending;

Spoiler:

My anger at the ending wasn't due to the ending itself, but how pointless it made the whole movie feel. I was fine, if slightly depressed, right up until;

Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        Saw the Mist. Enjoyed it right until the last two minutes, then exploaded in a giant ball of rage and hate that consumed all the oxygen for a three mile radius. It was a Steven King ending to end all Steven King endings. The irony? King's novella ended differently, and I felt, better. Although I've been told that after King saw it he would have ended the book that way if he'd thought of it.

Most annoyingly; I've seen variations on the ending a few other places, and they were all done better than that one. It just felt like a titanic kick to the balls.
                        I know exactly how you feel. I watched that with my papa and my cousins 3 years ago and was totally caught off guard at the ending i was like"whaaaaa....?" Insanity is what I think of it.

Comment

• Well i just finally got around to watching Inglorious Bastards all the way through and what a bloody film it was! the characters were brilliant especially Landa and Aldo, they were just so much fun to watch. As for the story i like how it differs from real major events in history.
                          Last edited by I_Am_Nemesis; 04-20-2010, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Watched the Count of Monte Cristo and enjoyed the movie. Got the urge to see it after a Simpsons episode and it was on Starz. Don't know how close the move is to the original story but thought it was well done.

Comment

• Came across a movie called Feast. If you have any self respect do not watch this movie. It's so bad it will actually lower your IQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
                                Came across a movie called Feast. If you have any self respect do not watch this movie. It's so bad it will actually lower your IQ.
                                OH GOD THAT MOVIE.

It's seriously a Phelous worthy movie if he hasn't alreayd reviewed it...you can tell it's trying to be like Evil Dead in the camp, but it fails too hard. It comes off worse than an Eli Roth movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X