No announcement yet.

Recently Seen Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree. Ellen Page really surprised me in this one. She's always been type-cast as the neurotic, mouthy teenager, but she definitely showed some much-needed maturation in the film. She did a great job, as did the entire cast...but that's to be expected when it's full of A-listers.

Comment

• I found it strangely funny that a Nolan film would use the Heath Ledger look alike Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Testbed to see if a Joker cameo in Batman 3 would be doable?

Comment

• Just saw Inception yesterday. It's certainly a good movie : great actors, great concept and great visuals BUT I was a bit disappointed by the lack of emotion in this movie. I was not convinced by the scenes between Dicaprio and Marion Cotillard. Cillian Murphy was much better in this area...

Also I think Nolan tried to make this movie more complicated than it really was. I understood the whole story, no problem with that, but it appeared too convulated at times and for no real reasons. A great movie, but not the masterpiece everyone is claiming.

Originally posted by Chris Redfield29
        you either loved Inception because you understood it, or hated it because you didn't.
        I disagree.
        I liked it, I understood it. But I don't love it. I think that the movie was flawed sometimes and unnecessarily complicated.
        Last edited by Grem; 07-24-2010, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• The thing is, I don't understand where everyone is finding all of this convolution in the movie. It wasn't THAT hard to understand, there was just a lot of shit going on with the parallel and layered stories. If you understood the 'kicks' and how the whole 'dream machine' process worked, there wasn't much to be confused about.

Comment

• It's probably very logic and well done as a whole, but it's very hard to understand every aspect of the movie during the first view and I don't think Nolan is a genius either.

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
              The bad thing about Nolan is that he has gone way mainstream and he won't return to indepentent filmaking, I can see him directing blockbusters for the rest of his career.
              If he ends up creating a trend where summer blockbusters inch closer and closer to being Oscar-worthy outside of SFX, then I have no problem being where he is.
              Last edited by BBboy20; 07-26-2010, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• I recently saw Youth In Revolt.

One of the best coming of age comedies ive seen in years. Its quirky, sarcastic comedy was really refreshing especially when I expected another Super Bad style of film. Also while I didn't like Cera at all when I first saw him in Juno I have to say he did a brilliant job in this film especially as Franscoise.

On a side note Im currently Watching Alien one of the best films ever made.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                  I need to go to a doctor tomorrow and get my head checked for STD's...because Inception just FUCKED MY MIND. Oh. My. God. I can't even think right now...what a fuckin' BRILLIANT movie. I swear to God, people, go fucking see this movie right now and bring some dental dam with you because your mind is going to get fucking raped.

Christopher Nolan is a GENIUS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                    I found it strangely funny that a Nolan film would use the Heath Ledger look alike Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Testbed to see if a Joker cameo in Batman 3 would be doable?
                    Gordon-Levitt wasn't the first choice for the role. James Franco was, but wasn't available for the shooting time frame. But I'm glad they went with him, he was really good. Plus I saw him on Letterman, I've never seen an actor so genuinely hyped about the project they're a part of.

It's obvious to say but worth noting though that Nolan does stick with actors through multiple films, so I'm expecting Page, Gordon-Levitt and Hardy to turn up in the next Batman somewhere. But Nolan has said he won't be putting the Joker in the next film.
                    Last edited by Rombie; 07-26-2010, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• ^Rumors say that Levitt is interested in playing the Riddler.
                      sigpic

Comment

• I saw Clash of the Titans 2010 a week ago. I liked the original, it was fun to watch. I was excited to see that a remake was in the works, was wondering how good the special effects were going to be. The only thing that impressed me was the pegasus. But the whole movie SUCKED!
                        The story had been changed somewhat, and not for the better. Too much action, terrible acting, boring story, and uninteresting characters. The lead guy is basically emotion less.Where did they get this guy from? He was just awful!He was in Avator too and I disliked that movie too.
                        Last edited by Black~Crow; 08-03-2010, 09:34 AM.
                        I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                          ...you either loved Inception because you understood it, or hated it because you didn't.
                          I didn't understood exactly what the fuck A Clockwork Orange was about, but I loved that film.
                          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Just saw Inception finally, and I agree, it's god damned thrilling. The Hans Zimmer score was exceptional, especially towards the end where there was this repetition of a rising phrase (almost reminded me of HGW's work in one of the MGS4 trailers). What I loved were the "reality" scenes, where Nolan gave indications it may actually be a dream. For example, the near constant running from "authority figures" when DiCaprio is anywhere in the public view, and that one point where he tries to get through a progressively narrowing crevice.

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                              ^Rumors say that Levitt is interested in playing the Riddler.
                              I've got a riddle for you:
                              Know how I got these scars?

Comment

• Inception.

Needs to sink in. So far, theres so much to think about, that I cant even say whether it was mindblowingly awesome or not.

One thing I didnt like, was Nolans mindfuckery. "Is it a dream, is it not a dream". Its exhausting and has no purpose. Because its not cleared up and theres not enough information provided.

Comment

Working...
                                X