Clear All

• A teenage girl falls in love with a vampire. Interesting. *Cough*

Comment

• wow the movie sounds uninteresting

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexiaAshford View Post
        http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1099212/

A teenage girl falls in love with a vampire. Interesting. *Cough*

I was right then, it defiantly involves gingerbread men... And paper hats with discount prices off on many books.

I watched Iron Man on blueray last night, on my lovely Samsung HD TV <3 Damn I love the resolution.
        Last edited by Zombie Fred; 11-28-2008, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• Am I the only one that thought Ironman was just OK?
          XD

I feel like I am. I was not really impressed...

Comment

• Originally posted by vogue_dirge View Post
            Am I the only one that thought Ironman was just OK?
            XD

i never saw it but my fiend did and said it was just, "average".

Comment

XD

I liked it, it was cool, as a kid I saw Ironman, but I had forgot all about it, this was a good movie for an old hero

Comment

• Don't know if it counts as a movie, but just wasted 2 hours watching 24 Redemption.
                Really reminds me why the series went stale after season 2.

Comment

• Just watched Capricorn One. Loved it.
                  Here's my full review:

I have heard a lot of things about this movie when I was a kid. But only now did I get a chance to watch it.

I have to say I was impressed. I rarely see a movie that combines drama and humor so well. And frankly, I didn't expect a movie from the 1970's to be so well paced. I saw the back of the DVD, it said 123 minutes, frankly I was expecting it to drag on. But to my pleasure, the movie was incredibly well paced and equally entertaining all the way through.

The premise of the movie is that three astronauts who were supposed to be the first men on Mars, are instead taken to a studio and forced to film a fake landing, while NASA sends out an empty rocket ship. But when the ship crashes on its way down, fearing that the government will want to hill the astronauts in order to keep the secret and cover up the affair, the three escape the facility and separate to ensure the chances that one of them will escape. Meanwhile, a nosy reporter is following some leads to uncover the secret from the outside.

The movie is brilliantly written, and like I said, sometimes it was so suspenseful, I was sitting on the edge of my seat and biting my knuckles. Sometimes it was so hilarious, I was in stitches. Sometimes, both. The dialogue is written very well apart from the odd... What I can only perceive as censorship issues where I'm assuming they had to change a few swear words, and instead of rewriting the lines, they simply replaced the words, and made it sound really forced, like, "Go jump yourself." But apart from things like that, the dialogue itself is written very well.

As I've said before, the pacing was very well done. The wind up wasn't too long, and there were a lot of things that had to be covered in the movie, which means they didn't have time to drag out any scene.

The characters are all very well written, have very colorful personalities, and were expressed very well.

All in all, I was very entertained by this movie, that kept me very entertained. And if you feel like watching a movie about a government conspiracy that doesn't involve espionage and secret agents, or if you just feel like watching a very entertaining classic, check out Capricorn One.

Comment

• I thought Iron Man was pretty average. At best, it was above average. Nothing that made me clap at the end.

Comment

• I loved Iron Man was one of the best Super Hero movies I've ever seen. If not THE best. Or at least the one I enjoyed the most.

Comment

• Oh yeah, by far the best superhero movie, but not the best regular movie ever.

Comment

• Well, it had great action, great acting, great laughs, what's not to like? Robert Downey Jr. is always a pleasure to watch.

Comment

XD

Iron man was preety good IMO

Comment

• Right now I'm watching Legend, which happens to be showing on BBC Two right now. Never seen it before, but it's directed by Ridley Scott and features Tim Curry. I cannot fathom fantasy films though.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

• Spencer, who's the dude in your avatar?

Comment

Working...
                                X