• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cop land (with sly)

good good good movie one of my favorites

10/10

Comment

• Just got back from seeing it.
      I liked it and I don't see anything wrong with Cruise's performance like some have criticized.

Immersion is always important in any media be it books or games or movies. I definitely got immersed in this noble struggle. Sure I knew they were doomed but just seeing it all go down, seeing them so close to dethroning one of history's great butchers...it sucks you in.

I almost cried when they were put in front of the firing squad. Almost.

It's by no means a GREAT film but it's not bad IMO.

Comment

• Which film are you talking about, Nik?

Comment

• oh. lol Shit. Sorry.
          I was talking about Valkyrie.
          Last edited by Becky's Butt; 12-26-2008, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Oh. I want to see that film... looks good.

Comment

• I've been waiting for "Valkyrie" for a long time. I'll see it soon.

"Stardust" was cozy as usual 10/10

I'll be seeing "Max Manus" at the movies probably tomorrow. I can't wait for this film, it's about a group of resistance fighters during WWII in Norway. The group was lead by the great saboteur Max Manus.
              Freedom of Information.

Comment

• I really don't like fantasy movies, but Stardust caught my eye because it had an amazing amount of violence for a simple PG rating in Australia...

Comment

• wanted DAMN GREAT GREAT ACTION havent seen it like that in a long time

10/10 !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                    I really don't like fantasy movies, but Stardust caught my eye because it had an amazing amount of violence for a simple PG rating in Australia...
                    Yeah, it's pretty violent in some scenes. But it tries to balance its self in that it doesn't show any blood at all. Spoiler:

So I just returned from the movies. "Max Manus" was in my opinion a master piece. It was so patriotic and sad. Definitely the best war movie I've seen in a while and it deserves a solid 10/10.
                    Last edited by Trent; 12-28-2008, 03:46 PM.
                    Freedom of Information.

Comment

• saw James Bond Quantum of Solace... it's.... ok, I felt like everything hapend really quikly, and there are other things I didn't like much; and others I really liked... stil I would have prefered they made a totaly new story. But after all, its ok, I still miss the other James bond, is it Pierce Brosnan (or something like that)?

7/10

Comment

• Resident Evil Degeneration 7/10

Very entertaining better than Anderson's films and Leon had one or two horrible one liners but I think that he did a pretty good job.

After this I am hoping for more Degeneration films.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Trent View Post
                          Yeah, it's pretty violent in some scenes. But it tries to balance its self in that it doesn't show any blood at all. Spoiler:
                          Yeah, I could tell they changed the blood colour to blue to avoid a higher rating...

Comment

• No, they changed the color of blood cause it's a methafor. It was said that the kings and the members of royal family have the better blood, so called "blue blood", unlike us infidel pesants with the red one
                            "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

• i just saw Batman Begins, and it was a lot better than i thought it would be.

9.5/10

i liked the bad guy as well, they guy with glasses and the mask.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
                                No, they changed the color of blood cause it's a methafor. It was said that the kings and the members of royal family have the better blood, so called "blue blood", unlike us infidel pesants with the red one
                                ... and why do you think they put that line into it? Having someone's throat slit and dark red blood come out is pretty violent by most people's standards, and having blue blood somewhat lessens the impact. So they sneakily added that line to avoid an R in America, and an M in Australia.
                                Last edited by Helegad; 12-29-2008, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X