No announcement yet.

Recently Seen Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw REC 2... Possesed-infected-parasite zombies FTW. Nothing like your good buddy Jesus and a shotgun to get rid of them all.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Originally posted by zomBD View Post
      Just saw REC 2... Possesed-infected-parasite zombies FTW. Nothing like your good buddy Jesus and a shotgun to get rid of them all.
      is it as good as the first one?

Comment

• Just watched Serenity, and I gotta say, a fantastic way to continue Firefly.

Comment

• Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
          And that's what you thought of it? Juh?

How about that part where the golfer yells "FORE! FOOOORE!" aims for D-Fens and takes his shot, only for D-Fens to pull out a shotgun, yell "FIVE!" and blast the coot's cart. I think it's an interesting scenario that in a way everyone's out to get this dude, making such trivialities as 50 cents for a coke and fast food burger blow him up. Also, the direction expresses such a great sense of the sweltering heat.
          Well, not in a negative way. More like in a "that movie as crazy, buy good" kind of way. I definitely noticed that, about the heat.

I don't know if some parts of the movie were meant to be comedic, but when he beat those two morons wanting a "toll" for him trespassing on their "territory", all I could do was laugh and feel good for him, because it's nice to see things like that happen. Don't know why, but it just is. Regular working-class guy takes out a bat and beats two gangbangers because he wouldn't let them sit down for five minutes and drink a Coke on their "piece of shit hill". Man.

And then the cops were almost completely baffled at what he was doing, for example, after the whole incident involving the overpriced Coke in the store, he didn't even take anything (except the bat), yet he pretty much ruined his store. I mean, how often does that happen? Still pays for his drink and takes nothing else?

In the end though, I thought it was a bit sad also. He just seemed very misunderstood by everyone around him, especially the cops.
          Last edited by WeskerIncarnate; 11-12-2009, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by himher_elle View Post
            is it as good as the first one?
            Depends... Storywise is a bit bizarre, but innovative in the sense that it sets a new trend about zombies' origin (if it's virus or supernatural), it has pretty much what made the first one good (scares, the camera, ZOMBIES) and a few plot twists that will leave you jaw-dropped.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• I just watched the new star trek on blu-ray. Although I'm not huge into the series, I've always enjoyed it, and I felt this was actually pretty good.

I just hope they don't muck it up with bringing Kahn back

Comment

• THE THING!!!
                at last!! I soooo wanted to watch it,a nd at last I found it. It is great!!!! so twisted and all! thank you Mr. carpenter

Comment

• Pan's Labyrinth- Absolutely loved it. Learned 'Mercedes' lullaby' just because of the sheer inspiration. Made me cry.

UP- Holy shit. Cried too.

Not many movies make 13 year old guys cry, now are there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
                    Not many movies make 13 year old guys cry, now are there?
                    Twilight? The Notebook?

Comment

• Among others, I just saw the horror film The Changeling, featuring renowned actor George C. Scott ("BUT THE BIG BOARD!"). I have to say the plot takes some, shit I don't want to say needless turns but I will say it probably looks better on paper. I mean, there's a conflict between two characters, and the fuckin' supernatural force is a macguffin! There are some incredible scares (for fans of SH/SH4, think of something rusty and squeaky chasing you ;P) but the priorities of the plot just take a hairpin turn.
                      Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 11-18-2009, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                        Twilight? The Notebook?
                        Induce vomiting, yes.
                        The Notebook was okay, though.

Comment

• Bruno! Oh my fucking god...there were moments where all I could do was sit there and laugh because if I stopped to really think about what was going on...oh god.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                            Bruno! Oh my fucking god...there were moments where all I could do was sit there and laugh because if I stopped to really think about what was going on...oh god.
                            Bruno is like...sometimes very funny...most of the time very disgusting! I liked Borat way more. Although Mr. Cohen is just ripping-off Phil Hendrie's shtick

Comment

• Just watched a crazy film called 100 feet, Anyone seen this? There is one very gruesome disturbing scene. Apart from that the film suck's but there's one very shocking moment.

Comment

• I watched "Toxic Avenger IV: Citizen Toxie" a few days back. Holy hell. If you think you've seen it all...if you think you're completely desensitized to gore, violence, racism, sex...well, watch this film. I loved it...and I was disgusted by it. It's the funniest, grossest, meanest, and maybe bestest movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X