No announcement yet.

Recently Seen Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Avatar the other night and thought it was a good movie. Predictable but one of the better movies I have seen in a while. Also my parents were raving about Sherlock Holmes so I will probably see that soon.

Comment

• The Hurt Locker

A nearly flawless film that tells the story of a little over a month in the lives of 3 soldiers in Iraq. The best war film since Private Ryan and hands down one of the best of the year, I totally reccomend it.
      sigpic

Comment

• "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?" "I Love You Alice B. Toklas" and "Body Double"

The one I'd like to speak about the most is the third, by Brian De Palma, probably because it ties in more than the others with movies I enjoy. I'm sure a bunch of people here have seen it (I'm looking at you, aris!) along with De Palma's other movies and I wouldn't mind hearing their opinions. Did anyone else think there were certain aspects of the plot (the RELAX scene, the hostile police, lack of a resolution, unaffected characters) that were presented just to get a negative reaction out of the audience? Looking at the director's track record of films panned for being transgressive or controversial, I wonder if he fancies himself a manipulator. It was damn effective, but I couldn't help but find certain plot elements frustrating (and then I realized that the plot goes anywhere it damn pleases anyway).

Comment

• People consider Body Double a remake of Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo and Rear Window, most of the plot and specific shots are taken directly from these two films and references to other Hitchcock's films are all over the place. Personally I like this movie a lot because I see it as a tribute film to Alfred Hichcock.

Did anyone else think there were certain aspects of the plot (the RELAX scene, the hostile police, lack of a resolution, unaffected characters) that were presented just to get a negative reaction out of the audience?
          Personally none of the scenes made me feel uncomfortable. The RELAX scene was put there probably for promotion, I think that the song was released before or after the films release. Also the climax of that scene reveals a topless Melanie Griffith.....that looks like Billy Idol.:p

As for the hostile police, well that's another Hichcock reference, remember Psycho?
          sigpic

Comment

• I recently saw Sherlock Holmes, and I must say I quite enjoyed it. That one's definitely going on my buy list when it comes out on DVD :3

Comment

• Saw Mr. Brooks a few hours ago and thought it was an average movie. There was no real climate in the movie and it just seemed like it took from other movies but never really connected anything. Kevin Costner was the only thing that was good in the movie which was expected.

Comment

• I recently saw the news they're planning to remake The Crow and also Yellow Submarine. It's officially gone too far now.

I also recently saw Terminator Salvation, it was better than i was expecting and it was cool to finally see the war. It got a little stupid at times like with with military douchebags all up in Connors face (isn't he LEADING the resistance, or did they ditch that big huge part of the story?) and the motorcycle Terminators coming out of the giant Terminators legs, what is this Transformers?. It wasn't as bad as T3 was though. Also the noises the machines made were brilliant, really cool. I hope the next Terminator thing we see is something to tie up TSCC, seriously that was a brilliant cliffhanger to end on but it needs to be completed. The rights to the series were being auctioned off so hopefully whoever has them now will do something about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by rewak View Post
                  It wasn't as bad as T3 was though.
                  T3 wasn't bad. I don't know why people hate it so much... Unless people had ridiculously high expectations for it after the masterpiece of T2, which just wasn't gonna happen. It's a good movie, though.

So is Terminator: Salvation.
                  Last edited by Canas Renvall; 01-03-2010, 12:41 AM.

Comment

• The thing that kinda ruined T3 for me really was the many cheesy moments, it's a good movie but they just dragged it way down.

Comment

• My grandma got me the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie collection for Christmas...all four TMNT movies in one package. It's honestly one of the best gifts I've ever gotten. I just watched the original movie(the one that released in 1990, when I was a one year old baby), and I haven't stopped bugging out yet. Haven't seen this movie in well over 10 years. I watched these movies an unhealthy amount of times when I was a really little kid...what a fucking great movie, even now after all this time. Elias Koteas kicks sooo much ass as Casey Jones. Raph's always been my favorite, though.

I was OBSESSED with the Turtles as a kid. I will have you know...my first word as a baby was 'turtle.' No joke. What a fuckin' trip, watching this movie. The Secret of The Ooze was always my favorite, though. I can't wait to watch it. I fully plan on watching The Secret of The Ooze tomorrow.
                      Last edited by Vector; 01-04-2010, 03:32 AM.

Comment

• After watching the firefly series I decided to re-watch serenity and it's still as awsome as the first time I watched it except this time some of the death scenes were twice as sad for me to watch. It's a shame the series is so short because I would love to see more of mal and the crew on serenity

Comment

• I just saw Paranormal Activity for the second time in full. I say in full, because when I popped in the DVD for a solitary viewing I couldn't watch it after 20 minutes, it still works (had to watch it with my dad). As a matter of fact, alone at home is probably the ideal setting, seeing as your imagination is made active by this flick; any noise will be scary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                            T3 wasn't bad. I don't know why people hate it so much... Unless people had ridiculously high expectations for it after the masterpiece of T2, which just wasn't gonna happen. It's a good movie, though.

So is Terminator: Salvation.
                            Most Terminator fans (myself included) just pretend that anything after T2 didn't happen, since that was supposed to be the end of the series...or that's what I read somewhere at any rate. The third movie just pretty much took everything that poor John had tried to accomplish in 2 and shat all over it.

Quite disappointing, I thought. Especially when we find out that John's turned into a whining adult instead of a prospective resistance leader.

Comment

• Saw Sherlock Holmes last night and it was amazing. Not a dull moment. Robert Dowey Jr. and Jude Law were excellent. Think I will pick in up when it comes out on DVD. Going to see Daybreakers later tonight.

Comment

• I've watched quite a few films the last couple weeks on my xbox. Blood, The Last Vampire...Star Trek...Inglorious Basterds...and a couple others that, for the life of me I can't remember. But anyway, all of them were really nice films.

Comment

Working...
                                X