• Show
Clear All

• I'm happy because of this:

MATTHEW SWEET AND SUSANNA HOFFS
    COZY UP TO THEIR FAVORITE SONGS OF THE 70’S WITH UNDER THE COVERS VOL. 2

Featuring Special Guests Lindsay Buckingham,
    Dhani Harrison and Steve Howe

In Stores July 21, 2009

Los Angeles, CA – Power-pop sensation Matthew Sweet and Bangles vocalist Susanna Hoffs, otherwise known as “Sid & Susie,” will unveil their newest project July 21 on Shout! Factory, titled Under The Covers Vol. 2. This delightful collection features 16 of the duo’s favorite tunes from the 1970’s, and is the much anticipated follow up to the highly-praised 60’s compilation Under The Covers Vol. 1, released in 2006.

Produced and recorded by Sweet and Hoffs in Sweet’s Lolina Green Studios in Los Angeles , Sweet and Hoffs treat the songs with reverence, showing their appreciation for this captivating decade of music. Under The Covers Vol. 2 features the pair’s perfectly harmonized voices on favorites from the genres of power-pop, glam, classic rock and even prog-rock. The pair get a little help from Lindsey Buckingham on their cover of Fleetwood Mac’s “Second Hand News,” Dhani Harrison playd on George Harrison’s “Beware of Darkness,” and Steve Howe guests on their version of the Yes song “I’ve Seen All Good People: Your Move/All Good People.”

The tracks on Under The Covers Vol. 2 cover a diverse range of music, including huge hits such as Carly Simon’s “You’re So Vain,” Rod Stewart’s “Maggie May,” and Mott The Hoople’s “All The Young Dudes,” as well as lesser known cult favorites, including Big Star’s “Back Of A Car” and Todd Rundgren’s “Couldn’t I Just Tell You” (one of two Todd Rundgren songs included on the disc). Other treasured songs given the Sid & Susie treatment include John Lennon’s “Gimme Some Truth,” Derek & The Dominoes’ “Bell Bottom Blues,” The Grateful Dead’s “Sugar Magnolia,” The Raspberries “Go All The Way,” Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers’ “Here Comes My Girl,” Little Feat’s “Willin’,” Todd Rundgren’s “Hello It’s Me,” and Bread’s “Everything I Own.”

Matthew and Susanna have long performed at each other’s shows, and collaborated with comedian Mike Myers as members of Austin Powers’ on-screen band Ming Tea in Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery and Austin Powers in Goldmember before collaborating on Under The Covers Vol. 1. Matthew and Susanna will have a number of tour dates to support the release in addition to separate shows by both Matthew Sweet and the Bangles.

Under The Covers Vol. 2
    Distributed by Sony BMG
    Release Date: July 21
    Selection No.: 826663-11306
    Suggested List Price: $15.98

Track Listing:
    1. Sugar Magnolia (The Grateful Dead)
    2. Go All The Way (The Raspberries)
    3. Second Hand News (Fleetwood Mac)
    4. Bell Bottom Blues (Derek & The Dominoes)
    5. All The Young Dudes (Mott The Hoople)
    6. You’re So Vain (Carly Simon)
    7. Here Comes My Girl (Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers)
    8. I’ve Seen All Good People: Your Move/All Good People (Yes)
    9. Hello It’s Me (Todd Rundgren)
    10. Willin’ (Little Feat)
    11. Back Of A Car (Big Star)
    12. Couldn’t I Just Tell You (Todd Rundgren)
    13. Gimme Some Truth (John Lennon)
    14. Everything I Own (Bread)
    15. Maggie May (Rod Stewart)
    16. Beware Of Darkness (George Harrison)

I can't begin to describe how much I love these two and how well they work together! Not to mention that these are all songs I absolutely LOVE... This'll be the musical highlight of my year! The thought of Matthew Sweet singing Here Comes My Girl excites me!

If you can get a hold of Under the Covers Vol. 1, you should definitely do so! It has some great covers of some really great '60s tunes. SID N' SUSIE FOR THE WIN!

Comment

• I'm ecstatic because I managed to nab the Otherland series on Amazon, and most of them were under 12 bucks! Woo!

Comment

• I'm so happy because my xbox might return sooner from service than expected... And I finally got Dead Space! yay!

EDIT: It actually returned sooner!!!! 4 days. And got a free month for the wait. Now that's good service.

Microsoft totally won me with this.
        Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 05-21-2009, 12:34 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• I'm happy because tomorrow is the last day of the last full week of school before summer! My sophomore days are almost done! Soon I'll be an upperclassman in the high school ranks. No school Monday, so four days... then two full days, and the last three days are half-days for finals. Wednesday is my 1st and 2nd hour finals, Thursday is my 3rd and 4th, and Friday is my 5th and 6th. After that 6th final... I. Am. Done.
          Last edited by Canas Renvall; 05-21-2009, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• I am absolutely THRILLED because I got tickets to see Toad the Wet Sprocket for my Birthday! I can't WAIT! I've wanted to see them since I was a kid, and now, I finally get to!

Comment

• im happy cause i just bought tickets to All That Remains!

im going to 3 concerts so far this summer

1.NIN
              2.Mayhem fest (festival for death metal bands)
              3.All That Remains

Comment

• Originally posted by zomBD View Post
                I'm so happy because my xbox might return sooner from service than expected... And I finally got Dead Space! yay!

EDIT: It actually returned sooner!!!! 4 days. And got a free month for the wait. Now that's good service.

Microsoft totally won me with this.
                Sony don't do things like this. Mind you, they don't have to when the console has a failure rate that's well within industry standards.
                See you in hell.

Comment

• oh sick burn

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                    Sony don't do things like this. Mind you, they don't have to when the console has a failure rate that's well within industry standards.
                    I am Alexia Ashford. For the pride of the XBox 360, I will kill you!

Anyway, I'm going down to Gareth's for a week tomorrow morning. It should be very fun, I'm looking forward to it. This also means I won't be online for a week too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                      I am Alexia Ashford. For the pride of the XBox 360, I will kill you!

Anyway, I'm going down to Gareth's for a week tomorrow morning. It should be very fun, I'm looking forward to it. This also means I won't be online for a week too.
                      OHHHHHHH this means when darkmoon and carn aint on ITS TIME TO FUCKING REBEL! WE'RE GONNA TAKE OVER THIA! WHOOOOO!

Comment

• Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                        OHHHHHHH this means when darkmoon and carn aint on ITS TIME TO FUCKING REBEL! WE'RE GONNA TAKE OVER THIA! WHOOOOO!
                        You bring the hookers, I'll get the booze !

Comment

• Can we have midget hookers? I've always wanted a midget hooker...

Comment

• Originally posted by Manji View Post
                            You bring the hookers, I'll get the booze !

YOU GOT IT MANJI!

Comment

• Yeah...when the cats away the mice will play. Of course when the cat gets back and finds all the mice wasted from wine and cheese it then laughs, mockingly, and kills them one by one in amusing ways. Some cats go away just for such an event when they return.

If you'll excuse me I need to start constructing man sized mouse traps with PS3's in the middle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                                Yeah...when the cats away the mice will play. Of course when the cat gets back and finds all the mice wasted from wine and cheese it then laughs, mockingly, and kills them one by one in amusing ways. Some cats go away just for such an event when they return.

If you'll excuse me I need to start constructing man sized mouse traps with PS3's in the middle.

LOL nice little jingle you got there DM. me and manji were just joking around

Comment

Working...
                                X