This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
    There's nothing really special about it. It's the retail game (hence it being a review copy), not a preview) with a different print (nice black coating) on the disk.
    Originally posted by Helegad View Post
    Nice collectible... you should keep it.
    It indeeed is Collectible but I really haven't come across any Dino Crisis collectors...
    Sevket's Game Collection
    PSN Gamercards

Comment

• You would get a good price on eBay, believe me. Ask Dot about his RE3 preview (Nemisis with an 'I', remember Dot? )

Comment

• I was gonna buy Midnight Club L.A. today but it's not here till tomorrow
        I read that it's hard but the other MCs wern't easy either and I liked them. If you want easy racers play NFS (which I also enjoy, btw).

I still want to get Grid because I love Dirt and it uses the same engine. I still havn't ordered Silent Hill HC yet or MGS4. I'm thinking about Saints Row 2 and LBP. I'll get Bioshock later and maybe Dead Space. Next month Resistance 2 and Mirror's Edge are out...

Damn!
        Last edited by Skunky; 10-22-2008, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• I like DiRT for PC, I've played the demo, so I think I'll be buying that soon.

Comment

• ok as i have been told again im selling my copy of silent hill homecoming for 40+shipping, i will ship to europe if i can find a way to ship there. i only take money orders and hidden cash or a moneygram...

also is there anyway this thread can become a sticky because i always have a hard time finding it
            Last edited by riderkid; 10-23-2008, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• I bought Midnight Club LA today... then returned it to the store 20 minutes later! I didn't even enter a race!

I read that the controls can be fully customized, that's why I got it. I didn't buy Burnout because it forced people to use the triggers for accelerate but I was glad Rockstar did the right thing (or so I thought).

I took my time mapping the controller to exactly how I wanted it, with the X button for 'gas'. 10 minutes later I was ready to go. Wooo Hooo! I'm off and driving.

"Gee, I don't seem to be going very fast... Why am I being overtaken by the traffic?"

Eventually I realized that I had to REALLY hold down the X button HARD. And I mean REALLY, REALLY HARD! Hold it down like you're trying to break your controller. Hold it till your thumb turns white and it then registers that you want to accelerate. And of course, you have to KEEP IT held, THAT DAMN HARD or else you slow down again.
                After 10 minutes of driving around the impressive world, my thumb was already starting to blister and I felt concerned about the punishment of my poor X button. I knew things were not going to work out...

The only options for the game to work properly are using either the analogue sticks or the triggers to accelerate. The other options are useless and just tacked on.

It's sad that 2 of my favorite driving series, Burnout and Midnight Club, are now dead in my eyes due to poorly implemented controls, R.I.P.
                I swapped the game for Grid. DiRT is great and I knew Codemasters tended to my X button needs. Grid is awesome, I wont be returning it.

Comment

• I'm still play Toca 3.
                  If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Ugh. Talk about poor button management. I guess they just figured they could attempt to use the pressure sensitivity of the face buttons. When in reality, that doesn't always work out great on situations like this.

But thats interesting that you were able to return it. That'd never fly here in the states

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                    I bought Midnight Club LA today... then returned it to the store 20 minutes later! I didn't even enter a race!

I read that the controls can be fully customized, that's why I got it. I didn't buy Burnout because it forced people to use the triggers for accelerate but I was glad Rockstar did the right thing (or so I thought).

I took my time mapping the controller to exactly how I wanted it, with the X button for 'gas'. 10 minutes later I was ready to go. Wooo Hooo! I'm off and driving.

"Gee, I don't seem to be going very fast... Why am I being overtaken by the traffic?"

Eventually I realized that I had to REALLY hold down the X button HARD. And I mean REALLY, REALLY HARD! Hold it down like you're trying to break your controller. Hold it till your thumb turns white and it then registers that you want to accelerate. And of course, you have to KEEP IT held, THAT DAMN HARD or else you slow down again.
                    After 10 minutes of driving around the impressive world, my thumb was already starting to blister and I felt concerned about the punishment of my poor X button. I knew things were not going to work out...

The only options for the game to work properly are using either the analogue sticks or the triggers to accelerate. The other options are useless and just tacked on.

It's sad that 2 of my favorite driving series, Burnout and Midnight Club, are now dead in my eyes due to poorly implemented controls, R.I.P.
                    I swapped the game for Grid. DiRT is great and I knew Codemasters tended to my X button needs. Grid is awesome, I wont be returning it.

Comment

• I have a Biohazard Code: Veronica Kanzeban/Complete for the Dreamcast here that I want to sell.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• I just scored myself a Fifa 08 promo, and a random-o X-Box 360 demo disc For free
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                          Ugh. Talk about poor button management. I guess they just figured they could attempt to use the pressure sensitivity of the face buttons. When in reality, that doesn't always work out great on situations like this.

But thats interesting that you were able to return it. That'd never fly here in the states
                          Doesn't Gamestop have that 7 day trial period where if you don't like it, you can return it for something else? I remember hearing something about that when someone was trying to exchange a game they bought about a month earlier...

Comment

• Different stores have different return policies, I guess...
                            They weren't entirely happy about me returning it. I phoned 1st and I was told "as long as we can resell it. There can't be any dents or scratches on the box etc." And when I got there, they wanted to know what was wrong with it. I started explaining the whole control issue and I think I just confused them. That, or they thought I was a dangerous lunatic and didn't want to argue with me.
                            Ugh. Talk about poor button management. I guess they just figured they could attempt to use the pressure sensitivity of the face buttons. When in reality, that doesn't always work out great on situations like this.
                            Well, they obviously didn't test it properly. If they had, it would have been simple to adjust the sensitivity, for when the X button was chosen.
                            The X button works fine for driving games like DiRT, Grid, Gran Turismo and Motorstorm. So, it's not as if it's impossible to do it right.

Comment

• I haven't used the X or Square to break or accelerate since the ps1 days I find it much easier using the right analog stick.
                              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Now selling:

PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                                X