No announcement yet.

Swine Flu.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just heard that a plane from Mexico has arrived at Manchester Airport. The people who went to Mexico on vacation didn't even know about the flu and saw the locals wearing face masks the whole time they were there. Not only this, but some Mexicans were also on the plane to here (Manchester) because they fear the whole place will be quarantined and wanna get the fuck out before it happens.

Just like in the movies, huh?
    Last edited by Henry Spencer; 04-27-2009, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Attention everyone,this is not a drill,go into "OH SHIT ITS THE ZOMBIEPOCALYPSE!" mode right away! i repeat this is not a drill!
      please evacuate to the following locations:Siberia,Antartica,The moon.
      on a more serious note,just calm down guys,its probably just severe in Mexico because they dont have as good of healthcare as we(the rest of the world)do.
      Last edited by adamb1029; 04-27-2009, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Why can't flu's be more fun? Like turn people into kick ass zombies afterwards? This whole thing does suck though, but I'm pretty sure like I said earlier that it wont be that big of a deal and people are totally going to forget about it in six months or so.

If not, then hope it doesn't reach your area and if it does... Get tons of canned food and stay inside. I was thinking since 2012 is approaching this could be the next black plague, but I don't think thats too likely since its only killed 30 people and that was in Mexico. I think everything will be just fine...

Comment

Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post
          Wow, Mexico has it rough. Swine Flu deaths and now an Earthquake.
          Add more fuel to the fire. People here get really scared when comes to earthquakes because of the '85 earthquake. But it wasn't very strong (5.7 richter scale - oscillatory).

However this swine flu thing is boring me. You turn on the tv or the radio and all the time what you hear is about that. And here the media is really exaggerated.

Just take care, don't go off wandering in crowded places and put your HUNK suit on and you'll be fine.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

So, Swine Flu... That turns you into a pig, right?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMedic View Post
              Get tons of canned food and stay inside. I was thinking since 2012 is approaching this could be the next black plague, but I don't think thats too likely since its only killed 30 people and that was in Mexico. I think everything will be just fine...
              Uhhhh, I actually heard there have been around one hundred quietuses in Mehico, so far. No joke.
              Last edited by Henry Spencer; 04-27-2009, 04:51 PM.

Comment

I got dengue fever when I was in second year high school. Took us five days to realize that I had it. I almost died.
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

oh my GOD! that 2012 stuff is full of shit.

Comment

It's hardly the black death or the T-Virus. I think the whole thing is an overreaction, things are always overplayed in the media. It's like when I think about 20 teenagers got killed by stabbings in a year, and everytime one got killed, there was a huge media fiasco and although 20 people dying is bad, compared to the millions that live up and down the country, it isn't that many. I think a similar thing is happening with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                      It's hardly the black death or the T-Virus. I think the whole thing is an overreaction, things are always overplayed in the media. It's like when I think about 20 teenagers got killed by stabbings in a year, and everytime one got killed, there was a huge media fiasco and although 20 people dying is bad, compared to the millions that live up and down the country, it isn't that many. I think a similar thing is happening with this.
                      QFT

its like what i said

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                      though i dont think its that deadly like news is making it out to be. you gotta remember its the news! the news always over exagerates shit even if its the smallest thing they make it into the
                      a big mess were it sounds like there about to be bombed.

Comment

i just rewatched 28 days later for the 20th time just so im ready for the worst.

Comment

Well Mexico had worst times. Yeah, mexico had this virus somewhere in 1989- 1996 I don't know but I heard it killed more than 50 million people world-wide. I don't think this would be that deadly. At least its not the ebola virus or we would be all screwed.
                          Last edited by hellrizer; 04-27-2009, 06:17 PM.

Comment

zomBD, take care man. Things sound rough right about now there I hate to say this, cause it'll sound like a douche thing to say, but I hope the deaths we're because of lack of treatment options, and not that the virus mutated to a more deadly "strain" and has yet to be seen outside of Mexico.

Reading some of the doctor emails to the BBC seem to support that, with one saying that they have no way to treat the patients and they end up dying. Sounds kinda scary when he mentions that they have have around 3~4 people dying a day at his specific hospital for the past 2 weeks. Makes me think the true scope of this hasn't been seen.

However, some bright? news, it seems that a whole shit load of tourists caught this, so the actual number of infected in Mexico is likely MUCH higher than they are saying now. Its likely that the mortality rate is considerably lower than the original estimates (around 5%), so thats good.
                            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-27-2009, 06:31 PM.

Comment

hmm, i heard they have a vaccine but the people that have died wernt treated.

Comment

A vaccine is 6 months out, at least. Antivirals work on this strain apparently though, so theres that. Noone has died outside Mexico yet, as far as I'm aware.
                                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-27-2009, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X