No announcement yet.

Celebrity Deaths of 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I was really sad to hear that as well. I re-read the stories, with a few readings to my kids, as a tribute when I heard.

Comment

• I plan on eventually buying the remaining novels I don't have in my collection...and just for the sake of it I'll probably look for the tv series. I was even more disheartened that, despite his popularity, it went pretty much under the radar. Usually if a well known author passes, we have a display plus a memorial at work.
      sigpic
      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
        Somehow I didn't hear about this till now (someone may have posted it in a thread somewhere else), but Bernd Eichinger died back on Jan 24th. Kinda important around here for good and/or bad depending on your view point considering he was the driving force behind Constantin Film, which he created and owned, and the Resident Evil films. Outside of that he did make, write, and produce numerous critically successful films in his long career.

It's never been officially confirmed, but it's heavily rumored he was the main reason why George Romero's script for the original Resident Evil film was never used as he apparently disliked it, and as I mentioned back in the podcast about the original film he dictated a "heavier war like film" would be better.
        Apprantly his death is now confirmed.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...70O7W420110125

Comment

• Elisabeth Sladen, better known to Doctor Who fans as Sarah Jane Smith, has passed away at the age of 63. Came as a complete shock to me.

Doctor Who actress Elisabeth Sladen, who also starred in spin-off series The Sarah Jane Adventures on children's channel CBBC, dies aged 63.
          See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
            Elisabeth Sladen, better known to Doctor Who fans as Sarah Jane Smith, has passed away at the age of 63. Came as a complete shock to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13137674

Comment

• Now I feel bad for not watching her show.

Comment

• Wow, that sucks greatly...

Comment

• ^So sad, RIP.
                  sigpic

Comment

• wait elizabeth sladen, oh shit! RIP
                    "Movies don't make psychos, movies make psychos more creative!" Billy Loomis

Comment

• Osama Bin Laden.

Henry Cooper.

Ted Lowe.

Comment

• Yvette Vickers, former Playmate Pin up, B movie actress and Roger Corman regular just passed away.

The situation around her passing is incredibly sad. I always liked her in 'Attack of the Giant Leeches'.

Last edited by Wrathborne; 05-03-2011, 12:57 AM.

Comment

• has anyone mentioned Nate Dogg?

Comment

• Who?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                              Who?
                              Nate Dogg (born Nathaniel Dwayne Hale) (August 19, 1969 - March 15, 2011), was an American hip-hop musician (I personally don't like the term "rapper"). Read all about him here: -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Dogg

Comment

• Not a fan of Hip Hop, thats whay I havent heard of him. Still 41 is pretty young to die, much less have stroke O.o
                                Last edited by Wrathborne; 05-07-2011, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X