Marriages - a male perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
    Not that the gay community needs someone likes this.
    Let's consult our resident gay community representative:

Vogue?
    Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 07-01-2011, 04:58 PM.
    See you in hell.

Comment

• I actually agree with Inferno. He seems like a guy who hasn't had the best of luck with women, so he's a bit jaded on his views of them. But it's still no excuse.

Comment

• What amuses me is that he went on and on about how it's all societies fault that you're not allowed to use women like toilet tissue, spunk in them once and toss them away, and then complained about that anime of his, and how it's so misunderstood, how it's all about a truly touching relationship that moved him to tears.

Sure, it's relationship with a 26 year old teacher and a pre-pubescent girl...

If he dislikes relationships so much, why does he love this anime? The little girl is in control (yes, it is meant to be quite comedic) and it has a long term and, apparently, heart warming relationship develop, something that he seems to consider akin to some kind of infectious disease.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm suddenly hearing that, 'You've been trolled' song.

Comment

• Lets not discuss the possible pedo and his tastes and get back to laughing at him for being suck a dick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post
            Except rape is hardly ever about the sex act itself. It's about power and control.
            This is crap spouted by women who do want to dress and act like a slag when out but not accept consequences if it ever goes bad for them when it mostly applies to in home rapes only. From a womans perspective that is likely what it is all about but not from a mans and a mans is the one that matters when it comes to the cause of stranger rapes, most stranger rapists when questioned admit it was a sexual attraction based on the looks.

Society is too full of politically correct bullshit to ever admit this though, if the seriousness of the crime was scalled down the victim would recieve part of the blame, but never in rape. An example being someone who leaves all their doors and windows open and returns home to find they have been robbed, they may have put up a sign that says "No robbing me please" but most people would say they should have locked their front door in the first place since the open door is what attacted the attention of the robber, even one who never intended to rob the victim. This doesn't mean locking doors means you'll never be robbed but leaving doors unlocked does invite extra reason to, especially when the victim was not a target.

The banned guy did spoute a lot of shit but between it he did have a few truthful points, people are grouping everything together though to take the piss. Going out in revealing clothes gets the attention of men more than covering up, rapists are men so it works for them too.
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• I agree with Kylie on this one. I was on the fence about positing anything, but if I did I was going to use that very same example. I mean, if you walk into a bad part of town, knowing it's dangerous, and get mugged, who is to blame? Well, it's obviously 100% the mugger's fault becuase he/she willingly made the choice to rob you, but it's also a little bit yours since you knowingly walked into a bad area.. So if you dress like a whore and guy's pick up on that, you should be aware of the consequences. It is of course still 100% the rapists fault, but the woman should still be factored in.. And I know not all rape cases are due to how the woman is dressed, in fact most aren't. We have free speech and expression (for the most part) but we must be aware of the consequences to some of it. (You don't walk into a Red Sox bar during happy hour and shout "Yankees rule!" and expect not to get punched in the face, right?..)

EDIT: I feel the need to clarify myself before the ensuing shit storm. I am not stating it's ever the woman's fault, but she can be a factor in certain cases.
              Last edited by PracticalAl; 07-02-2011, 07:26 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                This is crap spouted by women who do want to dress and act like a slag when out but not accept consequences if it ever goes bad for them when it mostly applies to in home rapes only. From a womans perspective that is likely what it is all about but not from a mans and a mans is the one that matters when it comes to the cause of stranger rapes, most stranger rapists when questioned admit it was a sexual attraction based on the looks.

Society is too full of politically correct bullshit to ever admit this though, if the seriousness of the crime was scalled down the victim would recieve part of the blame, but never in rape. An example being someone who leaves all their doors and windows open and returns home to find they have been robbed, they may have put up a sign that says "No robbing me please" but most people would say they should have locked their front door in the first place since the open door is what attacted the attention of the robber, even one who never intended to rob the victim. This doesn't mean locking doors means you'll never be robbed but leaving doors unlocked does invite extra reason to, especially when the victim was not a target.

The banned guy did spoute a lot of shit but between it he did have a few truthful points, people are grouping everything together though to take the piss. Going out in revealing clothes gets the attention of men more than covering up, rapists are men so it works for them too.

It does bare to keep in mind that most women are raped by people they know, with Date Rape being by far the most common kind. And no, the power thing isn't bullshit. If it was just about sex, why not visit a hooker? Sure, it costs you a little, but it saves on the whole 'go to jail and be vilified' thing. No, targets of rape are targets of desire, often a personal desire, and often someone the person couldn't have in normal circumstances. Too pretty, too intelligent or too taken. And with things like Date Rape it's sometimes not that they won't get sex - it's that the person wants complete and utter control of the situation, which means force and often drugs.

Power is a strong part of the reason why some fuckers go for kids, too. A child can be forced, intimidated and utterly controlled with zero chance of fighting back. That, and they're sick, twisted vile bastards. This isn't me talking out my ass - this is pretty much the predominant theory sociological and psychological circles, and those two disagree on just about everything. A lot of rapists are middle class, well dressed, well mannered twisted monsters. If it was just about sex they could easily afford to pay.

The vast, vast majority of women who are raped are wearing nothing sexier than a nice evening dress that you'd go on your average date in. So unless strapless dresses have become indecent, dressing like a slut isn't the huge factor Oskar-Det made it to be. He didn't even seem to want to consider that some women who are raped weren't asking for it, and indeed even suggested that they really wanted to be.

And a women who gets raped while wearing a mini skirt and boob tube by some stranger? The clothes are only a factor in determining that she is raped. If someone is on the prowl, looking to do such a thing, yes, such clothes could catch his eye. But maybe he has a taste for red heads and prefer the one in jeans and a long coat. Or the brunette with a few extra pounds on her. It's the rapists personal choice, so he'll only go for the one in dodgy clothes if that's what he wants.

Honestly, walking down back alleys at two in the morning on your own is a much greater risk that wearing a boob tube is, but that's a risk for everyone I guess. Having a meal with someone alone is a greater risk.
                Last edited by Darkmoon; 07-02-2011, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Obviously marriage is the initial foundation of any family (which of course, is not for everyone). People also make mistakes, usually if that person is not a complete bastard there is some logical reason for doing so that may or may not make sense to others. I don't agree with some sort of checklist mentality or f***ing a hundred girls til you find the right one, its just not what life was supposed to be about (I know it is for some people).

As for rapists and whatnot, yes, what they do is rather senseless so there is not much else to say other than they should be dealt with. Clothes is definitely not a factor.. if most of society are rapists then there will be rapes, otherwise no.. I remember holding my daughter on the train to London once and two young kids talking about my daughter was either gonna be really hot or really "minging" in the future (my daughter was like 3 years old at the time), so when society is like that, things are messed up (luckily this doesn't apply to everywhere though)..

Comment

• It may be a little late, but here's my input anyway...

Marriage is by no means failure. Not only does the initial point of view sort of offend me (AND I'M SINGLE), but it's slightly disgusting too.
                    In my opinion, marriage itself as legal documentation serves no purpose other than the woman taking the male's last name, but really I see the gesture behind it and I myself hope one day to find that one woman I can marry and have that type of close relationship with. If the entire world was that shallow that marriage didn't exist and anyone could fuck anyone, then where would it stop? Soon all our moral foundations would crumble and the entire world would be in utter chaos, sure not quickly, but over time. There is nothing accurate in the initial post describing a man's point of view, because as many other men have disagreed, I will too. While the sex life may or may not decrease, there's other things in life to think about then "Who am I going to have sex with tonight?" Not to mention disease would spread even worse than it does now. As also previously stated, you don't have to stay with that one woman you marry if you end up not loving her anymore, there's always divorce. If all my other points fail, then just know this as I'm sure there are many who can agree, having an emotional bond with someone that deep that you would spend the rest of your life with them is beyond description and better than any amount of sex in the world.

Comment

• Marriage is just paper documents, so I don't see the point. I'll stick to banging as many chicks as I want. I'll ride the highway for life! No "pit stops" for me.
                      Last edited by Ghostface; 07-09-2011, 02:34 PM.
                      "Movies don't make psychos, movies make psychos more creative!" Billy Loomis

Comment

• So...Who here is enjoying their Saturday? I am. Did you know that today is Tom Hanks AND O.J SImpsons Birthday?

Comment

• Do i want to get married

No..

reason

when it goes bad they take half your stuff

Ha Ha Ha !
                          Last edited by rehunk88; 07-29-2011, 05:44 AM.

Comment

• either that or everything you own.

If the marriage starts to go sour.You're basically screwed.It isn't worth it.Marriage is just another way for one of the partners to take everthing the other worked so hard on if it don't work anymore.

In my opinion,Just stick to regular boyfriend girlfriend relationships.atlease if it don't work out.you can just break up and move on.
                            Last edited by BrionIrons; 07-29-2011, 07:38 AM.
                            sigpic
                            www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

• Originally posted by BrionIrons View Post
                              either that or everything you own.

If the marriage starts to go sour.You're basically screwed.It isn't worth it.Marriage is just another way for one of the partners to take everthing the other worked so hard on if it don't work anymore.

In my opinion,Just stick to regular boyfriend girlfriend relationships.atlease if it don't work out.you can just break up and move on.
                              I agree 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
                                Do i want to get married

No..

reason

when it goes bad they take half your stuff

Ha Ha Ha !
                                Then if you were so worried, then you could explain and make a pre-nup in order to avoid both people involved from having stuff taken UNLESS there was an actual right to it (pet that could be abused by the other person after the relationship and so-on).

If someone was really willing to commit then they would see that as fair in most cases as it doesn't protect or cater to a single person.
                                sigpic
                                Non-blurry Signature Version
                                Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Working...
                                X