Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Scariest Movie You've Ever Seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Scariest Movie You've Ever Seen?

It's October! My favorite month of the year! I've been making avatars based on my all-time favorite horror movies, and thought it would be fun to ask you guys what is the scariest movie you've ever seen?

Me? When I first saw The Exorcist at 10 years old. That Pazuzu face still unnerves me a little. I can watch the movie fine now, even have it on Blu-ray (Looks amazing), but I'll always remembering hiding under the covers while watching this movie for the first time! Runners up include Eraserhead for being highly disturbing, and Rosemary's Baby for those creepy neighbors and the sense of having everyone conspiring against you.

What about you guys?
    sigpic

The french film Martyrs. Pretty much by the end of it I was disturbed. Pretty much the only film I will never rewatch, not because it was bad, but I'd not want to put myself through it. The film is brutal.

Comment

Interesting! That's sort of how I feel about Audition. I've never heard of that movie, but if it's anything like Hostel or Last House on the Left, than it's not for me!
      sigpic

Comment

The Shining. Had nightmares for a while that my father was going to murder my family. Fun times.

Comment

Not a horror movie, but when I was a kid I was scared shitless of the Dilophosaur from Jurassic Park.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
            The Shining. Had nightmares for a while that my father was going to murder my family. Fun times.
            Same here. I almost always watch that movie every year during Halloween. It never gets old.

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
            Not a horror movie, but when I was a kid I was scared shitless of the Dilophosaur from Jurassic Park.
            Haha! So were you relieved to find out later that the dinosaur was made up? My parents took me to see that movie, I think I was eleven? They were worried that it would be too violent or scary, and I ended up crying whenever the people killed the dinosaurs, and happy when the dinosaurs ate the people.
            sigpic

Comment

1982's The Thing... this movie inspired a lot of the creatures seen in Resident Evil games.

The wolves in RE4 are basically the husky dogs from that movie. Right down to having tentacles coming out of their backs.

BTW Try watching the un-cut version cuz they always show the censored version on cable or TV.
              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
                Haha! So were you relieved to find out later that the dinosaur was made up? My parents took me to see that movie, I think I was eleven? They were worried that it would be too violent or scary, and I ended up crying whenever the people killed the dinosaurs, and happy when the dinosaurs ate the people.
                Since I discovered about it being made up years later I was disappointed because I thought it was a really cool dino.

Comment

R-point. Amazingly creepy and well done Korean film.

Comment

I love R-Point! That movie is awesome.

I haven't seen Martyrs, but from what I've read the description is pretty nasty. Any movie that involves flaying...but there is something yet more terrifying! A Hollywood remake is in the works, from the Producer of Twilight.

I have no idea what my favorite scary movie is. I watch a lot of them. I'll have to think about it.

Comment

Jacob's Ladder.

Yeah, that movie that spurred Konami to make Silent Hill. It's perfect psychological horror, and who else to play a tormented war vet but the always-creepy Tim Robbins? I watched this for my first time when I was 14, in 8th grade, doing my math homework while I watched it on the couch. Needless to say, I was far too distracted to do my work.

Awesome, awesome movie.

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
                        Same here. I almost always watch that movie every year during Halloween. It never gets old.

Actually the Dilophosaurus ir a real dinosaur, However the whole spitting venomous slime was made up as was the neck frill.

EDIT.
                        Havnt really been scared by a horror film in a while, but then thats because the only horror films ive seen recently are Hollywood made, although to be fair, one scene in insidious kind of freaked me out.
                        Last edited by I_Am_Nemesis; 10-05-2011, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I saw Pet Semetary when I was little and it scared the shit out of me.

Also I tend to like psychological horror movies rather than slasher films, but I'm not picky. I actually love watching scary films, the adrenaline and anxiety that kicks in is a nice rush.

Also the Paranormal Activity movies made me lose sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post
                            Also the Paranormal Activity movies made me lose sleep.
                            The Paranormal Activity movies made me sleep.

I saw the first one because of the hype. Heh, I fell for that. So I rented it and boy... it was like watching c-span. I was like "when is the scary part going to start?". Big waste of my time with that one.

I remember that the 'Faces of Death' flicks were popular in the neighborhood at one time. I didn't find them scary. Just disgusting.
                            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                              Hahaha, I had the same reaction to the damn thing. Every time I watched the movie, I'd always fast forward through that part. I love that dino to death now though.

As for the scariest movie I've ever seen? I dunno. The remake of Dawn of the Dead really scared me shitless the first time i saw it. The fact that zombies could run you down scared the shit out of me. I remember there being one scene that was included in both the trailer and the actual film that really creeped me the fuck out. Its when the zombies are entering the mall from the garage, and they're in the stairwell. At one point they stop and just stare for a few seconds at the characters that are at the top of the stairs. When I saw that scene in the trailer, it freaked me out.

As for other movies. I dunno. I'll post back when I think of something.

Comment

Working...
                              X