Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Hunter
    replied
    It's apparently not the same planet, nor the same ship. And yeah, I'm talking about hundreds if not thousands of year. The ship is fossilized in alien. It has been there for centuries. And as said before, it's parked, not crashed.

Also the interior is not similar, I don't think both ships had the same functions. The creatures we see in Prometheus are quite different than the one we see in aliens. It is possible that each ship has developped its own biological weapons.

There's a smilarity between both ships though, both of their crews seems to have been eradicated by their own biological weapons.
    Last edited by Rick Hunter; 05-08-2012, 02:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    Dunno Dude, all depends on what mood the audience is in when the film is available to be seen.

Leave a comment:

• [STARS]TyranT
    replied
    All Ridley has said is that the connection will made clear at the very end. So yeah perhaps the term lead directly into isn't really appropiate.

And don't write it off box office wise just yet, I think it'll do reasonably better than people think it will.

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    Apparently leads into Alien? Nay, from what they've been saying its more heavy foreshadowing than anything.

Leave a comment:

• Pikminister
    replied
    It seems that due to many similarities between the two projects, Guillermo Del Toro's
    AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS will probably not go forward in a very looong time.

So says Wrathborne's favorite site, AICN: PROMETHEUS May Spell The End Of AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS!!

GDT: "Prometheus started filming a while ago- right at the time we were in preproduction on PACIFIC RIM. The title itself gave me pause- knowing that ALIEN was heavily influenced by Lovecraft and his novella.

This time, decades later with the budget and place Ridley Scott occupied, I assumed the greek metaphor alluded at the creation aspects of the HPL book. I believe I am right and if so, as a fan, I am delighted to see a new RS science fiction film, but this will probably mark a long pause -if not the demise- of ATMOM."
    IMO, he can still make ATMOM. Regardless of how good Prometheus is, it will be a minor hit at the B.O. and considering the short attention span of most people, they'll be quite receptive to see something similar in a couple of years.

Leave a comment:

• [STARS]TyranT
    replied
    Well it apparently does lead straight into Alien and we will learn how that happens within the last 7 minutes of the movie, but yeah theme-wise many things look similar in concept to the original Alien, but I have faith Sir Ridley.

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    Well we don't know how the events will unfold on this really, while it does kind of look like an alien remake...It also looks like it has its own story and everything leads up to stopping the Jockey's ship...but for all we know that could be the halfway point in the film.

And yes Chris, 40 years does make a difference. Its called a 'fact'. Think how silly you'd sound if you said D-day happened 30 years after WW2.

Leave a comment:

• TheBatMan
    replied
    Just speculation. No spoilers here. But from the trailer and the fact Shaw is still on the surface, the ship definitely crashes on the same planet it took off from.

My only worry at this stage is that it may be a 'remake' of Alien so to speak but with a different creature and a different life cycle.

Ship lands on planet --- Investigate ship/temple --- Someone is infected and it gets on the ship. --- Ship takes off, crew is killed.

I don't think Ridley Scott would do this, but so far the trailers do give this impression. But rather than the ship self-destructing at the end like the Nostromo, it crashes into the derelict.

Leave a comment:

• [STARS]TyranT
    replied
    Please keep it spoiler free folks if you already know facts about the story from the various leaks.

Anyway, I rewatched Alien this weekend in preparation for this, and I certainly don't think it's the same ship at all, the one in Alien looks fully intact, as though it's almost been parked. The one we see crash landing in Prometheus is certainly not the same one.

Leave a comment:

• Dark_Chris
    replied
    20 - 30 years or 40 years makes really big differences... sarcasm

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
    I thought Prometheus is set 20 - 30 years before Alien. The truth is I am not fully aware of the Alien timeline, but still hundreds if not thousands of years?!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	300g667434.gif
Views:	2
Size:	261.2 KB
ID:	401123

Dude Prometheus is like..what, 40 years prior to 'Alien' and it takes place int he year 2085 or so.
    Hit up Wikipedia before you say this silly shit!

Leave a comment:

• Dark_Chris
    replied
    I thought Prometheus is set 20 - 30 years before Alien. The truth is I am not fully aware of the Alien timeline, but still hundreds if not thousands of years?!

Leave a comment:

• TheBatMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
    What? [ATTACH=CONFIG]6509[/ATTACH]
    Well for a start it crashes back down on the same planet, LV-422 or whatever it's called.

Leave a comment:

• Dark_Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
    And apparently it's not the ship from Alien, so there is still place for a sequel which could potentially cover the events that lead to Alien. But I highly doubt it, since it would be happening hundreds if not thousands of years ago.
    What? Click image for larger version

Name:	what+_2133fff5ddd40bae66dd06c4cb07f111.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	401121
    Last edited by Dark_Chris; 05-07-2012, 03:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    It is the ship from alien, well the space jockey ship anyhoo.

The face hugger ancestors are worms, which is just as creepy.Looking forward to this myself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X