• Show
Clear All

• [STARS]TyranT
    replied

Mega

Leave a comment:

• TheBatMan
    replied
    Nice. Does this mean Yutani have been monitoring all Weyland communications?

Leave a comment:

• [STARS]TyranT
    replied
    Latest vid, showing a very nice reference at the very end.

The Kidd here This is easily the most story-centric of the viral videos we've gotten for PROMETHEUS at this point, focusing entirely on Noomi Rapace's Elizabeth Shaw and her search for answers that can only be resolved by traveling off...

Leave a comment:

• rehunk88
    replied
    I hope it makes alot of money, so we can get a 2 movie... or maby even a alien 5.
    if thats the case,
    then i hope james cameron could direct either one of them.

Leave a comment:

• Pikminister
    replied
    Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
    Seriously avoid AICN, the talkbacks make you hate humanity.
    It's the same all over, though. Yahoo News, Youtube, etc.

Being anonymous brings out the worse in people.

Anywhoo, I'm not watching any damn trailers at this point. Might as well wait it out.

Leave a comment:

• TheBatMan
    replied
    My only issue with Prometheus thus far is that the whole point of Alien was to get rid of the 'man in a rubber suit concept' by hiding it in the shadows and filming it at angles so you didn't understand what it was and yet in Prometheus what we have seen so far is essentially just humanoids which literally look like men in rubber suits.

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    I'm afraid not only will you have to wait...You'll have to wait even longer because the films date got pushed back 1 day....Kidding. Heart attack medication time?

Seriously avoid AICN, the talkbacks make you hate humanity.

Leave a comment:

• [STARS]TyranT
    replied
    There was a few people discussing details from an very early script review or leak and that actually matched some of the images in the trailer, so i've stayed well away since then, don't know whether it was pure speculation and some well educated guesses.

Christ I just can't wait at all. The latest TV spot is absolutely crazy.

Leave a comment:

• TheBatMan
    replied
    As far as I'm aware, there is no script leak. There is just one fairly detailed breakdown of the movie which is likely fake anyway as it contradicts most things we have seen so far.

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    Dude, its AICN. The only site with a bigger troll base is Youtube.

Leave a comment:

• [STARS]TyranT
    replied
    aintitcool.com/node/55735

The main TV Spot is out, and it's big. Don't watch if you want to be completely fresh, but there's big imagery in this trailer.

Also stay the fuck away from the talkback as there's people commenting from the fucking script leak and posting full details with no warnings.

Leave a comment:

• Pikminister
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
    No, you are right. Name calling isn't my style, I apologise.

Yeah, but you are just putting words in my mouth. I never said all he did was play the role of matchmaker. Its not hard to understand that we disagree on this point, but at no time did I say O'Bannon deserved zero credit for the writing of Alien, did I?

The whole point I am making is that given the success story Alien is today, everyone attributes it to Dan O'Bannon. View any article on Alien and it's always Dan O'Bannon who gets the plaudits for writing the story and screenplay. But the fact is he was an average writer who turned in a poor script that was made better by much better writers which resulted in the film being a success and having one of the most memorable female characters of all time.
    In my opinion he doesn't deserve a screenplay credit in Alien, just a credit for the original idea it is based on.

Hence why I feel his role in the series legacy is overrated. He deserves some credit of course, but not as much as he ended up with.
    Fair enough. No more to be said. It's perfectly fine to have different views on that issue. Nothing personal. Sorry if things got a bit crazy (well they kinda did, so I apologize as well).

@Code_R

Yeah but the thing is, it doesn't matter how the script was handled. Look at what they did with John Carter. Great movie but was it handled terribly by the marketing department. It's considered the biggest flop in the history of Hollyweird. It's unfair. Yet regardless of any of that, the books and it's author remain untainted.

About Ridley's recent track record... I agree that his films are a hit and miss affair lately. But I'm hoping it won't ever get as bad as with TIM BURTON.

Leave a comment:

• Code_R
    replied
    Dan OBannon wrote a very simple story that could have so easily been made into a cheap and campy B-movie. He got lucky that the film makers involved were so invested in making a credible, well crafted story and the actors involved were all so good. They could have so easily handed it call to someone without Ridley Scott's vision or simply said they didn't like Giger's work or it would be too expensive to bring to life in that way.

As for the topic at hand I'm extremely wary of the fact this could ruin the mystique around the original film and that Ridley has a very hit and miss track record. Not optimistic about this.
    Last edited by Code_R; 05-14-2012, 07:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheBatMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
    Oh, you are much better than that. Are you gonna be calling me names next? What is this gamefaqs?
    No, you are right. Name calling isn't my style, I apologise.

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
    And there is where we disagreed. That was the whole point of me replying to you in the first place. That part. Right there, focus on that very point. It's all about what was his greatest contribution.

You think he was only a glorified matchmaker. I disagreed and pointed out that his greatest contribution was that modahfukin script that got the ball rolling in the first place.

That is all.

Jesus. I didn't expect this disagreement (on that single point) to drag on so much. And I'll leave it here if you don't mind. Have a nifty day and stuff.
    Yeah, but you are just putting words in my mouth. I never said all he did was play the role of matchmaker. Its not hard to understand that we disagree on this point, but at no time did I say O'Bannon deserved zero credit for the writing of Alien, did I?

The whole point I am making is that given the success story Alien is today, everyone attributes it to Dan O'Bannon. View any article on Alien and it's always Dan O'Bannon who gets the plaudits for writing the story and screenplay. But the fact is he was an average writer who turned in a poor script that was made better by much better writers which resulted in the film being a success and having one of the most memorable female characters of all time.
    In my opinion he doesn't deserve a screenplay credit in Alien, just a credit for the original idea it is based on.

Hence why I feel his role in the series legacy is overrated. He deserves some credit of course, but not as much as he ended up with.
    Last edited by TheBatMan; 05-14-2012, 05:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pikminister
    replied
    Jesus are you sure you are not rehunk88 in disguise?
    Oh, you are much better than that. Are you gonna be calling me names next? What is this gamefaqs?

I stand by my point of view that O'Bannon's greatest contribution to the series was introduing HR Giger's designs to Scott....
    And there is where we disagreed. That was the whole point of me replying to you in the first place. That part. Right there, focus on that very point. It's all about what was his greatest contribution.

You think he was only a glorified matchmaker. I disagreed and pointed out that his greatest contribution was that modahfukin script that got the ball rolling in the first place.

That is all.

Jesus. I didn't expect this disagreement (on that single point) to drag on so much. And I'll leave it here if you don't mind. Have a nifty day and stuff.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X