Puzzles in RESIDENT EVIL 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puzzles in RESIDENT EVIL 1.5

Since my Bioflames membership was deactivated, I would like to continue this discussion here... four years later...

If someone has a copy of the complete item list in Japanese, could you please post it here or send it via PM? Thanks!

19 Fire Extinguisher - Most likely used on the burning van to retrieve an item inside, similar to Code Veronica.
    27 Truth - Probably a typo; I'm guessing it says something like 信号 (signal).
    46 Net - Very curious as to what you all think of this one.
    47 Pliers - Alzaire's vent-cover theory seems to be plausible.
    50 MD Media - combined with MD Player
    51 MD Player - combined with MD Media
    52 Time Bomb - Most likely used to blow up the crates on the helipad, allowing access to the ladder straight down to the second floor roof.
    53 ID Card 1 - The ID Cards are probably used to unlock doors in the RPD rather than the card-suit keys from the retail version.
    54 ID Card 2
    55 ID Card 3
    56 ID Card 4
    57 T Virus - Might be used in conjunction with the enzyme to make the vaccine.
    58 G Virus - Found in Sherry's pocket-watch. Might be used to make the vaccine.
    59 Enzyme - Either mixed with one of the viruses to create a vaccine, or used to dissolve something.
    60 T Vaccine - Used to cure Marvin (who was wounded).
    61 G Vaccine - Used to cure Sherry.
    62 Pocket Watch - Held by Sherry and contains the G Virus.
    63 Fuse - Used to create the Repair Plug
    64 Repair Plug - Used to power the Lab, as in the retail version.
    65 Key Disk - Another name for the MO Disc, probably used as the MO Disc was in Retail.
    66 Communications Startup Card - I think the Radio Room theory is a likely one.
    67 MD Player With Disc Inserted - As Alzaire hypothesized, this might be similar to the micro-cassette recorder in the RE3 Hospital (voice recognition?)
    68 Water Key - Probably used in the Sewer to partially drain the water in the alligator tank (before the boss fight).
    69 ID Card M - More ID cards...
    70 ID Card L

Firing Range Puzzle - Probably similar to the Bookshelf puzzle in retail. You had to move the turrets in a certain order for something to happen.

Swat Van Fire - Area couldn't be accessed because crate was blocking door (scrapped and re-used in Code Veronica). Had to drop from roof, and use fire extinguisher to put out fire (fire extinguisher also scrapped and re-used in Code Veronica).

Factory Puzzle - You had to look at the computer from a camera to get a passcode (scrapped and re-used in Code Veronica).

Laboratory Freezer Room - Same as retail, probably more to do with the control panel though.

Keycards and keys to unlock doors, supplying power to the train, having to drain the water in the sewer, having Sherry/Marvin turn the power on in the factory, and unlocking the door the door for Leon/Elza.

Unlocking or breaking the jail cell door to let someone out (that is why the door is low-res).

Turning the power on in the RPD, going into the kennel to get a key.

Most of the puzzles in 1.5 were pretty straight-forward. Wouldn't really call them puzzles. More like a sequence that must be completed before you could proceed (need to get the fire extinguisher so you could put out the fire, so in turn you could proceed on in the game, etc.)
    Last edited by RetroRain; 10-15-2012, 01:17 PM.
    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

"65 - Key Disk" is probably used on the terminal in the octagon-shaped security room. I noticed that the doors to the shelter rooms have a steel frame around them, so it's possible there's supposed to be a real-time shutter there that you have to raise using it. It's just my guess, though. "47 - Pliers" would probably be for nipping the wire to short out the shutter controls. You can actually see this in the goromacida video, when he examines the shutter controls for the morgue hallway. I assume you also have to use it a few more times in the other hallways. As for "ID Card M and L", ever noticed how the doors in the lab are marked "Type, M, L and P"? "Type-M" and "Type-L" for the single doors, "Type-P" (Public, Password? who knows) for the double doors. P-doors are probably unlocked via computer terminals (or are open by default), while some of the single doors need to be unlocked by using the ID cards. Time Bomb is probably used in the sewers, but I only think that because the only other key item we have for that area is the "Water Key".

There are also several "push the box" puzzles, namely in the lab cargo room and the factory room with the computer. The one in the lab cargo room is pretty straight forward. The one in the factory involved pushing an item off the second floor. It seems like you had to crush the floor paneling beside the computer terminal (notice how the metal flooring beside it isn't rendered).
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

Combat Knife
        Pipe
        Browning HP
        SIG. P228
        Beretta M93R
        Glock 18
        S-Redhawk
        Remington M870
        Hand Grenade
        Acid Hand Grenade
        Incendiary Hand Grenade
        Ingram M10
        SPAS 12
        Flamethrower
        Grenade Gun
        Grenade Gun
        Rocket Launcher
        HL2K NC51
        Fire Extinguisher
        9mm Parabellum
        Shotgun Ammo
        Magnum Ammo
        Flamethrower Tank
        Standard Grenades
        Acid Grenades
        Incendiary Grenades
        Truth
        Antidote Grenade
        Nitro Capsule
        Strong Acid Drug Capsule
        Ignition Drug Capsule
        Memory Card
        First Aid Spray
        Antidote Spray
        Green Medicine
        Red Medicine
        Blue Medicine
        Mixed Medicine GR
        Mixed Medicine GG
        Mixed Medicine GB
        Mixed Medicine GGR
        Mixed Medicine GGG
        Mixed Medicine GGB
        Mixed Medicine GRR
        Mixed Medicine GRB
        Net
        Pliers
        Unassigned
        Unassigned
        MD Media
        MD Player
        Time Bomb
        ID Card 1
        ID Card 2
        ID Card 3
        ID Card 4
        T Virus
        G Virus
        Enzyme
        T Vaccine
        G Vaccine
        Pocket Watch
        Fuse
        Repair Plug
        Key Disk
        Communications Startup Card
        MD Player With Disc Inserted
        Water Key
        ID Card M
        ID Card L

Thanks to Darkside05 on assembler.

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
          "47 - Pliers" would probably be for nipping the wire to short out the shutter controls. You can actually see this in the goromacida video, when he examines the shutter controls for the morgue hallway.
          You are wrong dude, watch the video again and see that all he does is equip the shotgun:

All you have to do to open that shutter is press the "action button".

Comment

What appears to be a wire below the big red button gets cut when he examines it.
            Last edited by biohazard_star; 10-15-2012, 11:10 PM.
            Seibu teh geimu?
            ---

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
              What appears to be a wire below the big red button gets cut when he examines it.
              *sigh* No. Nothing gets cut. The lever simply turns.

Here is the same video, that was fixed up by Wesker from SurvHor)

Dark Biohazard, how did you embed a YouTube video in your post? I tried putting the embed codes, but the video wouldn't show up, just the html code.
              Last edited by RetroRain; 10-16-2012, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroRain View Post

Here is the same video, that was fixed up by Wesker from SurvHor)

Dark Biohazard, how did you embed a YouTube video in your post? I tried putting the embed codes, but the video wouldn't show up, just the html code.
                Click reply with quote and you can see the code he used in the text of his post.

I have to admit, it looks like a wire being cut to me.
                Last edited by Guest; 10-16-2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                  Click reply with quote and you can see the code he used in the text of his post.
                  Yeah I saw. Didn't know we had that tag. It's good to know that we can embed videos in our posts.

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                  I have to admit, it looks like a wire being cut to me.
                  Hey, that's fine. If you guys want to think a wire is being cut, then fine. I simply see a lever being turned the other way to open the shutter. Like Dark Biohazard said, there are no pliers being equipped, and I can clearly see the lever being turned. To each his own.

Comment

Something does indeed get cut:

BEFORE

AFTER

Highlighted wire.

The fact that he doesn't use the pliers probably means the event wasn't completed yet at that stage of development. If an early section of the game such as the RPD doesn't have that done, who knows how many more events could still be in that state.
                    Last edited by Gemini; 10-16-2012, 12:43 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

^^^ This is what I saw as well. It definitely looks like a wire being cut. But why on earth would a lone wire be placed like that outside of the circuit box? Seems a bit vulnerable...

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                        ^^^ This is what I saw as well. It definitely looks like a wire being cut. But why on earth would a lone wire be placed like that outside of the circuit box? Seems a bit vulnerable...
                        BIDEO GAMES, SON!
                        Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

Step 1:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	step1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	401788
                          Step 2:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	step2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	401787

Result:

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                          Now if I see what they meant, thanks for the demonstration!
                          Last edited by Dark Biohazard; 10-16-2012, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleff View Post
                            BIDEO GAMES, SON!
                            Yeah. People far too often forget to apply that bit of logic to things when they try to "analyze/understand" video games

Characters in the older RE games were also very much aware of the save systems surrounding them and other bits 'n' pieces of weirdness that defies most of which we are used to in the everyday lives of our own.

Comment

46 - Net

I was told this was a typo. It's not a net. Can't remember what I was told at the time. A Nut? My memory's failing me ... oh, yeah! The case for the fuse plug. It's a big "NUT."

47 - Pliers

The standard theory on these is that they are used to open the wall vents - not fiddle with the security shutter system. Never noticed that bit with the security shutter control in the morgue before, though. Hmmm ....

50 - MD Media
                              51 - MD Player
                              67 - MD Player with Disc Inserted

These work exactly like the ones in RE2, but the location of the player is different. Consult the RE15 backgrounds of the Monitor Room, and you can figure out which one it is.

65 - Key Disk

I think this is supposed to be used with the computer in the Data Storage Room on the P4 level of the Underground Lab. There exist a set of RE15 backgrounds for that computer being USED, unlike in RE2. Either that, or it's for the computer in Warehouse #1 of the Warehouse District - the one by the Power Room door. That way, you can unlock the door and get to the conveyor belts on the other side.

66 - Communications Startup Card

In my video series, I made this the Conveyor [Belt] Key Card. You had to find this to insert into the conveyor control panel in order to start them up. I located it in the "wraparound office" for the player to find.

69 - M Card
                              70 - L Card

The best theory I've seen on these so far are that these are for Marvin and Linda; hence the letters. In my video series, the "M Card" became Marvin's Key Card. It was an alternate means of getting into the Admin Building without the reconstructors having to code the Sherry Side Quest. The back door of the building - which starts out locked with a bolt - could have been unlocked using Marvin's Key Card. In appearance, I made it identical to an RPD Blue Key Card.

The "L Card" became Linda's Key Card. In appearance I made it another Umbrella Key Card - same graphics. In my video series, this was required in two places. First, to unlock Warehouse #2, which is where you find the Birkin monster (the warehouse with the back loading dock) AND to operate the elevator by inserting it into the control panel. Second, I had the lobby side of the alley overhead catwalk double-locked with Linda's Key Card. This was used to trigger Marvin's cutscene in Elza's game; once she unlocked the door with the card, then Marvin would appear in the Admin Building Lobby and do his thing.

----------

It's always been my understanding that the parts for the Time Bomb were located in the Underground Lab in RE15, and that you assembled and used it there to blow up the reactor. That would have been the big difference between RE15 and RE2, where you use the Time Bomb early in the game in the RPD.

There's no conclusive evidence that players ever had to - or could - turn the power back on in the RPD in RE15. I've always thought this would be a cool improvement that the RE15 modders and reconstructors could do, though. In other words, you can't use the security shutters, elevator, or anything else that requires power until you go up to the roof, get into the gated area beside the helipad stair, and then turn the power back on. Just an idea ....

----------

Probably not what you wanted, but I hope it helps.
                              Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                              Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X