Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1.5 WIP Spoiler Thread (Post your screenshots, findings, observations)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it finally leaked! 17th February 2013. Again it's sad it's under such dodgy terms but all I've got is gratitude for this, thanks for the demo! Unfortunately I'm not joining in the fun tonight, I'm going to have a quick go and then play this with friends tomorrow who right now don't even know about this project let alone that a (seemingly sketchy) build of 1.5 just got released to the public. I honestly think this is for the best, I don't necessarily agree that the game had to get released in this way, but with certain circumstances I think this is the only way to solve the problem. I feel kind of selfish to say thank you because really it shouldn't be like this, but I appreciate the fact that I can actually play a build of this game. I've tested it on my chipped PSOne in RGB on my CRT TV and it looks amazing in the correct aspect ratio, it's great to finally get to see the artwork on screen.

Who knows perhaps a lot of problems can be fixed in this build by members of the community, I will look forward to seeing what unfolds.

Comment

Originally posted by Akimbo View Post
      Here's another screenshot from the scene:

Spoiler:
      There is a communication room, it is called the radio room!
      I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Black~Crow View Post
        There is a communication room, it is called the radio room!
        Analogous to the S.T.A.R.S. office where Jill called Carlos for help, but the signal broke up. I'd imagine it might have been recycled from BH1.5, just as Roy's cut-scene seems awfully similar to Murphy's.

Comment

holy shit if you dont shake a crawling zombie off fast enough he insta kills you. its a feature, not a bug

Comment

If you guys want to see what a more complete Sewer might have looked like, check this Sketchup file out:

Comment

Anyway, how do you get to Roy's cut scene?
              I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

Wow that Birkin fight music is nice. I still can't believe it. 1.5 is out there in the wild.. After all these long years it's finally a reality.

Also that wailing zombie moan track from RE2 is on here! So it was from 1.5!
                Last edited by Zombie_X; 02-17-2013, 09:05 PM.
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by Akimbo View Post
                  Has anybody seen this scene yet?

Spoiler:
                  I posted about seeing this in the other 1.5 thread.

Comment

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                    Wait, the helipad doesn't have a theme =/
                    dude what player are u using? emulator? i heared in just one second the RE2 wind, the one who plays in outdoors, but it vanished. tried all sound plugins in epsxe but no luck. damn emulators!
                    Last edited by yurieu; 02-17-2013, 09:09 PM.

Comment

On my PS1 and PS2, the wind sound doesn't work either.

I'm uploading the MP3 version of the soundtrack to my server now. Every song is encoded in LAME MP3 format at CBR 320kbps.
                      Last edited by Zombie_X; 02-17-2013, 09:18 PM.
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Double Post.. Oops..
                        Last edited by Zombie_X; 02-17-2013, 09:18 PM.
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                          dude what player are u using? emulator? i heared in just one second the RE2 wind, the one who plays in outdoors, but it vanished. tried all sound plugins in epsxe but no luck. damn emulators!
                          ePSXe 1.7

It runs it near perfectly, as far as I can tell. Frame rate is steady, and haven't had any sound problems (that I know of). The helipad has no background music, at least for me.

Comment

Something to help everyone out - the start of a complete, illustrated RE15 Debug Menu Jump Point list

Stage 1 - The RPD

Stages 2 and 3 - The Sewers and the Factory (Warehouse District)

I'll do illustrated lists for the other stages later. The rest of you guys can fill in the holes for the missing rooms as we go, and I'll update accordingly.

Looks like I'm gonna have to update all my background sets, too. It's going to take a while, though, so bear with me. I don't know how to rip them, so I'm having to screen-grab them one at a time and p-shop accordingly.

Enig, I've managed to decipher part of that RPD 2F map image. The main hall is there, as is the lobby roof. Once you find those pieces and connect them, along with the route of the "archive hallway" (Room 110), the 2F map should pretty much fall into place. The on-screen map is screwy, though, like the basement maps - and some of those map tiles are rotated as well as jumbled. Good luck.

Keiji, if may ask, in which room of Stage 2 does your exclusive Sewer image belong?
                            Last edited by RMandel; 02-17-2013, 09:27 PM.
                            Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                            Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                              ePSXe 1.7

It runs it near perfectly, as far as I can tell. Frame rate is steady, and haven't had any sound problems (that I know of). The helipad has no background music, at least for me.
                              me too, pete open gl 2.9, plus Eternal SPU plugin, it gives it a boost in audio volume!

im very interested in discuss A/V settings.

so... it looks like marvin visuals are changed. i would like to see the raw one.
                              Last edited by yurieu; 02-17-2013, 09:33 PM.

Comment

神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya ‏@PG_kamiya

Nothing especially. RT @Linear__: How do you feel about Resident Evil 1.5 being released on the internet?

Comment

Working...
                                X