Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1.5 WIP Spoiler Thread (Post your screenshots, findings, observations)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, we can see a round light on the Elza picture as well, I just don't really understand the logic behind it. But for me it's clear it's the same room.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
      Yep, we can see a round light on the Elza picture as well, I just don't really understand the logic behind it. But for me it's clear it's the same room.
      If we're right, and both images are from the second floor, then that further validates IGAS's decision to use the 3F Lift Hall as a save room (since the crows would always be encountered downstairs). It's also a good place to save before the boss fight in the Briefing Room. I wonder, though, where one would save the game before the analogous boss fight in the Parking Lot. My guess would be a computer at the bottom of the 1F-B2 stairwell...

Comment

• I'm not sure if this has been established yet, but the room in Leon's picture looks very unfinished -- more than just the missing vending machines or whatever that stuff is in Elza's picture. The lighting looks a bit off and the textures don't look as detailed as they should be. For all we know, those circular lights could just be placeholders. Also, if you look closely, the two windows in the back of the room appear to have borders. However, the window on the far right is completely missing its border. And I don't think the crows did that.

On to comparing it with Elza's picture, I noticed that the baseboards in Elza's picture are all a darker color. Most of the baseboards in Leon's picture are a lighter color, except for the lower one on the inner wall. This one also seems larger compared to the one in Elza's picture.

I'm not going to bother with trying to examine the lighting itself, it's just too hard to tell. But at this point, these look like two different rooms to me. And if they do happen to be the same room, then it is indeed very unfinished in Leon's picture.

I should also say that I'm almost completely unfamiliar with the police station map/layout... Eheheh.

Comment

• I always thought the Leon screenshot was a earlier version of that room and Elza's was from it being finished.
          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• its always been assumed and accepted since bioflames early days that leon's campaign was the more finished one...while elzas was secondary to be worked on after his.
            based on that i think its a different room.
            Last edited by Darkness; 07-17-2013, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Renard View Post
              I'm not sure if this has been established yet, but the room in Leon's picture looks very unfinished
              At the time of the latest known beta many room were still unfinished/untextured. The media room, the elevator, this corridor, etc. It's actually not surprising.

Originally posted by Renard View Post
              On to comparing it with Elza's picture, I noticed that the baseboards in Elza's picture are all a darker color.
              I don't really see how the color is different? You can't really judge that from low quality photos of CRT screens. I think it looks similar.

This one also seems larger compared to the one in Elza's picture.
              She's far from the wall, and she's also a bit smaller than Leon. The size seems to match.

these look like two different rooms to me. And if they do happen to be the same room, then it is indeed very unfinished in Leon's picture.
              Well, it's funny we have such different opinions. From my point of view everything points to it being the same room. And it doesn't come from different eras.

Comment

• Determining which room is which doesn't really do much in the end: the shots look heavily WIP, confusing at best (it's even hard to tell if it's 2F or 3F, but I'd say 2F if wall colors are indicative in any way), and the only decent reference they would provide is a bunch of camera angles.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• It indicates the geometry, design and camera angles of the room. What else would you want?

Comment

• Geometry can be obtained much more faithfully from map dumps. As for design, I doubt heavily unfinished renders would help that much. They can be used to define some basic outlines of elements such as windows or obstacles, but those aren't exactly the best elements to work on and barely make much of a difference in producing a complete background set.

Comment

• You do realize these are the only elements known about that corridor, right? Thanks to these pictures we know what kind of enemy it contains, where they attack from, how the room is textured/colored, where the windows are, what kind of lightning it has and where it is, etc.

Saying it "doesn't do much" when it's the only available material to recreate this room doesn't really makes sense... The only thing that's vague is the supposed vending machine. All the important elements are here.

Comment

• WIP assets are almost never indicative of anything, as they are due to change a lot until a finalized version shows up. The area could have had crows at first, then zombies, then who knows what else. The lighting could have been changed in countless ways, just like furniture arrangement and a gazillion more elements showing up in deprecated and low quality shots. What's showing up in there is so rough it's just not reliable enough to draw any real conclusions. It does give a few elements, of course, but it's very little and tends to create more confusion than really helping (examples: "aren' they different rooms?" or "what's that black spot? maybe a dead crow, or a cola sign!").
                        Last edited by Gemini; 07-17-2013, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• Well, if you prefer having absolutely no element of reference and having to create everything from scratch based on nothing, good for you.

Comment

• I never said anything about no reference at all being better than little reference. I'm trying to point out what is really useful in those shots and what can be simply ignored instead of over analysed just because.
                            Last edited by Gemini; 07-17-2013, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• Assets are assets, everything is useful, even if part of a work in progress. The only thing that changed massively was the sewers, but without finalized assets even old work in progress stuffs can be useful. The basic idea is here. I don't really know what's to debate about, we have assets at our disposition, and that's a good thing. After all it's "just" a corridor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                                After all it's "just" a corridor.
                                Exactly, it's just a corridor. No idea why it needs to be dissected in every little detail, even when important details are barely present. Anything would really work there for a reconstruction, as long as it contains similar camera angles and geometry. Other little elements appearing in there make no difference in the end.
                                Last edited by Gemini; 07-17-2013, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X