Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2 Remake being developed by fans (authorized)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
    Not at all by miles. Maybe close, but gamecube could not come close to beating the PS2.

The PS2 had MANY pros over the gamecube. Namely the massive support from third parties, having very high selling games and having a CD/DVD player. Sure, xbox had this too, but you were retardedly required to buy an add on to play dvds.
    Games are so relative. i was smart enough to choose the GC only for the RE3.5.(damn you capcom, by releasing a crappy final version and multi). but the hardware, its exactly like comparing N64 and PS1, SNES and MegaDrive...

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
      Ps2 had the best selection of games I mean come on DMC, Star Ocean, Fatal Frame (3rd wasn't on xbox), Silent hill 3, and many more
      + GTA + Haunting Ground + MGS .... and son on although Hardware wise the Gamecube is superior to the PS2, Imagine Haunting Ground and GTA:SA on the GC !
      But I'm glad it was a PS2 exclusive
      Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
      ^ Lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
        + GTA + Haunting Ground + MGS .... and son on although Hardware wise the Gamecube is superior to the PS2, Imagine Haunting Ground and GTA:SA on the GC !
        But I'm glad it was a PS2 exclusive
        One of the biggest reasons devs flocked to PS2 and xbox from gamecube was simple:
        1. Nintendo has been known to treat third parties like crap.
        2. The disk drive is god awful.

Is GTA SA was on gamecube is would of flopped. It would of been an open world game spanning 4 disks.
        GTA SA was 5GB on the xbox and PS2 disks. Each GC disk only holds 1.5 GB.

That was also what rockstar said to a fan a long time ago about GTA 3 not being on GC. They said they had a port being developed by eventually pulled out of the port because it would not of been worth it, because of being on multiple disks.

The reason no heavy duty series like GTA never hit the wii was because of the god awful controller. Imagine playing GTA with that junk piece of crap controller.
        Last edited by ccrogers15; 04-14-2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

One of the biggest reasons devs flocked to PS2 and xbox from gamecube was simple:

Is GTA SA was on gamecube is would of flopped. It would of been an open world game spanning 4 disks.

That was also what rockstar said to a fan a long time ago about GTA 3 not being on GC. They said they had a port being developed by eventually pulled out of the port because it would not of been worth it, because of being on multiple disks.

The reason no heavy duty series like GTA never hit the wii was because of the god awful controller. Imagine playing GTA with that junk piece of crap controller.
          Your statement makes sense, after all Playstation's controller was less retarded ...
          Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
          ^ Lol ...

Comment

GC had some great exclusives just not a really high number of them sadly

Comment

Something i never understood about the gamecube, was WHY in the world was there a handle on the back? Lmao.

Comment

Actually, the only "real" issue with the GC that most devs faced was the disc space of the disc drive, but any dev that wasn't half-incompetent at the time didn't have any issues with the limited space and their GC ports/builds were often the content and performance wise winners.

Your GTA dev comment sounds about as bullshit as they come. Unless they came from a clueless guy who doesn't even know how those games are structured. GTA games aren't as large as you think. If you for instance examine GTA3, you'll see that the game duplicates its assets several times to just allow for the disc drive to fetch the data package that's closest to the radio channel you're currently streaming. If you remove the duplicates and "most" of the radio channels, GTA3 easily fits easily on a single 650MB CD-ROM. (google the GTA3 Rip-kit if you want to try it yourself ;p) The same is the case with San Andreas and Vice City too. The GC not getting the "trilogy" later down the line like the Xbox did is probably more related to the fact that the GC itself was by then deemed a bit of a market failure (being third and all), and Criterion, the developer of the RenderWare engine that the PS2 GTAs runs on, was already about to be acquired by EA by then and stopped licensing out newer versions of the RenderWare engine (and their engine stopped having official GC support roughly by the time the Xbox versions were put into production too -- which would've required full, ground up rebuilding of the games, rather than just licensing and utilizing the official port for the target platform).

"the reason" the Wii didn't see any support was simply 'cause they had moved on and, like most others, didn't consider the Wii "next gen" on the hardware front.

Something i never understood about the gamecube, was WHY in the world was there a handle on the back? Lmao.
                Awesome design. That's why. At the time, due to the non-tray design of most consoles and wired controllers, the game consoles would often get dragged out on the floor. With a handle on it, it doesn't just look like something "on the floor", it looks like something that's "currently put on the floor, but can be moved once you're done with it."

Same reason a lot of "not-really-often-moved" (often military) hardware in general has handles in their design ;D
                Last edited by Carnivol; 04-14-2013, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Your little fanboyism with the gamecube shows obviously.

Your only finding reasons to sound like a complete a**.
                  I never said anything bad about the gamecube aside from the disk space. But then you decided to take it all into the next universe. Whatever... Time to move to another forum. AGAIN.
                  Last edited by ccrogers15; 04-14-2013, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I know! Debunking and correcting false or inaccurate statements has always been my favorite flavor of dick moverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                      I know! Debunking and correcting false or inaccurate statements has always been my favorite flavor of dick moverage.
                      Makes some folks upset tho.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Why the hell are you laughing?

My friends who played on nothing but either PS2 or Xbox loved that friggin handle. They adored it. Because that's how I was able to carry that teletubbie handbag to their house to play these gems here:

If that handle wasn't there, I would need to place that GCN sucker inside a man-bag. My balls didn't fall off for playing on a kiddie console like the GC... but a man-bag? Now that's where I draw a manly line. Cargo pants could only go so far back then. I could fit anything on those, except for a big square console.

So yeah, dat handle.
                        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                        sigpic

Comment

Your only finding reasons to sound like a complete a**.
                          I never said anything bad about the gamecube aside from the disk space. But then you decided to take it all into the next universe. Whatever... Time to move to another forum. AGAIN.
                          Fragile ego.

Remake was amazing, at least. So GC has that going for it. Friend of mine borrowed it from a friend of his (the gamecube that is), just so we could play remake, which we rented and played the shit out of for an entire weekend. Then we moved onto zero the next weekend, lol.

Comment

This is something you can surely believe Bwahahah! nintendo FTW

Comment

CC, your Sonypony is showing.

All three consoles had theirs hits and misses, just as they do now, and as does the Wii U. The PS4 and Nextbox will too. Just because you like one more doesn't automatically make it the best one. It's all opinion.

Comment

I was only kidding around...

I personally dont like gamecube, but dont let me stop you from playing it. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X