Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2 Remake being developed by fans (authorized)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish there had been a RE game on ps2 without real-time backgrounds (Outbreak file1&2) and instead used prerendered ones. Then it'd be easier to compare graphics between the two systems. RE 4 on ps2 iirc might have been a rushed port hence the shittier graphics (no light reflections off characters, no in-game cutscenes), so it might be unfair to compare to GameCube version. As for Code Veronica on both ps2 and GameCube, that too wouldn't necessarily be a fair comparison since the game was originally a Dreamcast game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lead belly View Post
      As for Code Veronica on both ps2 and GameCube, that too wouldn't necessarily be a fair comparison since the game was originally a Dreamcast game.
      I felt code veronica better on ps2 only due to the component cable. but GC has sharpen textures.

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
      GC had some great exclusives just not a really high number of them sadly
      Eternal darkness. metroid prime 1/ Echoes. Zelda. other nintendo franchises( smash bros, kong, paper, infinite Marios's games, Star Fox, Fzero). Pokemon. Resident Evil. Pikmin(masterpiece). games was not GC problem.
      Last edited by yurieu; 04-15-2013, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Napoqe View Post
        Hello everyone. I came here to disclose the other game in the series that is being made the Resident Evil 2 Remake.
        Developed by own fans and permitted by Capcom, equal to Resident Evil 1.5.

Note: My eng is bad, but no of the creators. I am project owner friend. And I'm just here spreading.
        We are Brazilians.

Project links.

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Resid...914157?fref=ts
        Images: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Resid...=photos_stream

The project is responsible for the Bruno Donk.
        Thanks all.
        I respect their work,but do they have written permission from Capcom that will allow them to do such a project?Im only asking because I don't want to see this project being worked on for X amount of years and then end up like how Streets of Rage Remake did.Sega slapped Bomber Games with a huge Cease and Desist for creating that fan game and they claimed that they had permission from Sega themselves and they worked on the game for 8 years straight.

I would find out just to be on the safe side.
        sigpic
        www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Fan projects are legal because its not taking money. However, capcom *could* file a cease and desist if capcom decides to remake RE2, and capcom feels this project could endanger sales of the official remake. (Say, this group somehow completes this remake, and releases it free).

But i highly doubt that will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
            Because graphics are everything that matters for almost everyone in the world.
            on this subject,A game can have the best graphics in the world,but if the gameplay sucks,the game wll fail.plain and simple.graphics isn't everything.
            Last edited by BrionIrons; 04-15-2013, 06:37 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

like in my previous post. Sega hasn't made a Streets of Rage Game since 1994. A Cease and Desist happened with Bomber Games Streets of Rage Fan Remake in april of 2011.They worked on it for 8 years,finished it, and released if for free to play.
              So yes,anything is possible.

Fan projects are not 100% legal because not all companies like fan projects.(Sega,EA,SquareEnix)list goes on and on.
              Last edited by BrionIrons; 04-15-2013, 06:43 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
                Fan projects are legal because its not taking money. However, capcom *could* file a cease and desist if capcom decides to remake RE2, and capcom feels this project could endanger sales of the official remake. (Say, this group somehow completes this remake, and releases it free).
                Free projects like Chrono Resurrection got a C&D letter, even if there was no remake planned other than a DS port which came along only several years later. No matter if a project is profitable or not, C&D shit can still happen depending on the copyright owner deciding "what's best" for their brands.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                  bitching and moaning about a possible game that hasn't even been made yet

This topic summarized
                  RE community summerised.
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                    RE community summerised.
                    Or just natural behavior.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

In most cases, fan projects are completely illegal.

If you want to get technical on it, you could try to argue that what you're doing as a person is;
                      -Derivative work inspired by the original
                      -The source material is public domain
                      -Your production is parody
                      -Fair use of content from the original

However, some companies let it slide as long as it doesn't directly interfere with their own productions or somehow monitize their material without the appropriate sublincense/rights to do so. In C&D situations that are just power demonstrations are the worst for all parties, as the mess that occurs when you start chasing your own fans over things is usually nothing but bad PR (all PR is good PR, if you're able to spin it in your favor, anyway).

Now, the biggest "issue" with going after certain types of "minor" fan efforts is the mess that occurs if the person starts fighting back and their opening line of fire is basically an inquiry about why they've been singled out when various other efforts are clearly more incriminating towards their property/brands. 'Cause you more or less have to treat everyone equal when it comes to these things. Clearly decide where you draw the line between what's accepted and what's not.

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                      Free projects like Chrono Resurrection got a C&D letter, even if there was no remake planned other than a DS port which came along only several years later. No matter if a project is profitable or not, C&D shit can still happen depending on the copyright owner deciding "what's best" for their brands.
                      Generally get the feeling that SquareEnix + the Chrono Franchise is a legal minefield like no other thanks to all the contracted work they had to put together for the "Dream Team" to become a reality. Lots of creative individuals, either represented by themselves or an employer/company of some sort, all with their own little fine prints about what rights they still hold in regards to assets in the game. So they just pick the easy way out when either parties go ! and just C&D things, rather than work out the kinks.

Comment

Wish all companies were cool with fan projects. like say valve. Hell! they even advertise the Half Life 1 remake on their Greenlight page.

Comment

Capcom let's modders do what they wish, the amount of RE mods over the years is huge. And some of those mods even use ripped content from the retail games.

Comment

Originally posted by Lead belly View Post
                            I wish there had been a RE game on ps2 without real-time backgrounds (Outbreak file1&2) and instead used prerendered ones. Then it'd be easier to compare graphics between the two systems. RE 4 on ps2 iirc might have been a rushed port hence the shittier graphics (no light reflections off characters, no in-game cutscenes), so it might be unfair to compare to GameCube version. As for Code Veronica on both ps2 and GameCube, that too wouldn't necessarily be a fair comparison since the game was originally a Dreamcast game.
                            Indeed, I always thought RE4 Could have done better on the PS2, Haunting Ground has in game / real time scenes anyway but Capcom were being lazy and rushy and the result is that Sourcenext ports the PS2 Version (CRAPPY) to PC instead of the GC because the PS2 one is crappier and has extras >_>
                            I would've preferred having a GC port than PS2, Separate Ways won't be a problem, Hacking and Modding will do.
                            Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                            ^ Lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by BrionIrons View Post
                              like in my previous post. Sega hasn't made a Streets of Rage Game since 1994. A Cease and Desist happened with Bomber Games Streets of Rage Fan Remake in april of 2011.They worked on it for 8 years,finished it, and released if for free to play.
                              That's not entirely true. First, Streets of Rage was re-released several times on platforms such as the Wii Virtual Console, XLA, PSN or Steam. Last year came out Sega Vintage Collection : Streets of Rage, including all 3 episodes, playable in japanese (yay !). But Sega was also working with third parties on several projects to resurrect the franchise, like these two :
                              Here are some scenes from a playable prototype. It was something we built very rapidly and represents pre-pre-pre-pre (lots of pres) pre-Alpha quality. Even ...

Their decision may be sad, but is also quite understandable under these circumstances, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
                                Indeed, I always thought RE4 Could have done better on the PS2, Haunting Ground has in game / real time scenes anyway but Capcom were being lazy and rushy and the result is that Sourcenext ports the PS2 Version (CRAPPY) to PC instead of the GC because the PS2 one is crappier and has extras >_>
                                I would've preferred having a GC port than PS2, Separate Ways won't be a problem, Hacking and Modding will do.
                                Besides added content, one of the reasons why the PS2 version's used as a basis for the PC port was because of how there are better conversion libraries for PS2->PC porting than GC->PC porting. Especially when it comes to graphical shaders and such.

Comment

Working...
                                X