No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask [+Hazardous Battle]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also if my memory serves me, the sound effects for the Tick were either pitched down or crossed with the screech of a Chimera. Also some body and model parts are similar. I did a recreation for RE1 some time ago.

I'm still really stoked about that Gemini, I've always wanted to see it properly.
    Last edited by BiohazardFE; 06-05-2014, 05:29 PM.
    sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
      The tick is a Sega Saturn exclusive - it utilizes the hunter animations, iirc... feel free to do a Google/YouTube search.

Other exclusives were a zombified Wesker, iirc, and a second Tyrant that is golden in appearance.
      I have 5 videos in my old Youtube account showing all these elements (The zombified Wesker is in the 2nd part of the Battle Mode). Here is the playlist:

Direct access to the Tick:
      - le "nouveau" monstre de la version Saturn n'est qu'un Hunter avec une autre texture- Saturn "new" monster is simply a Hunter with a different texture
      Last edited by imacwesker; 06-05-2014, 05:30 PM.
      Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

• I've never played through the Saturn version in years, despite it being the only version of RE I actually own lol.

Comment

• Here's a video of the Tick that I uploaded to my old YouTube account. It has all the same animations except the it's one hit kill, which I can't remember at all. I believe it jumps on you and sucks your blood. Anyways enjoy!

Just for some fun, here's my Battle Mode gameplay, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akuoXYTsw8o
          Last edited by Zombie_X; 06-06-2014, 12:49 AM.
          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Ok, while Sonic's working on unwrapping the Tick uvmap and I'm chilling out for a bit, let's go for one last slice of Saturn madness and be done with it forever:

As soon as Tick's done, expect at least one quick update on the enemy database with the model running in game.
            Last edited by Gemini; 06-06-2014, 07:26 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Nice job man.

Comment

• Very nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                  Ok, while Sonic's working on unwrapping the Tick uvmap and I'm chilling out for a bit, let's go for one last slice of Saturn madness and be done with it forever:
                  Spoiler:

As soon as Tick's done, expect at least one quick update on the enemy database with the model running in game.
                  The famous in his digital glory. Well done Gemini! I also can't wait the new renders almighty Sonic's making !
                  Last edited by Getta robo; 06-06-2014, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                    Including distortions due to degenerated quads magically looking like triangles.
                    I read in the past, that feature of Saturn of work only with quads. When I saw your ripped model of Chris, I feel confuse about the matter I was seeing triangles in the wireframe. Thanks for the explanation.
                    An about that reskinned Chris, another legend about 1.5 closed. Grant Bitman isn't Chris. By the way, the inclusion of the tick in your game is cool. You let their animations and AI same as the hunter, or you will changed?

One last curious thing. The wireframe comparison of Chris PSX (image1) vs Saturn (image 2). In this time, I think Saturn wins. The model looks better in Sega console:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título.png
Views:	1
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	403663
                    Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Nice one, I never realised that the hands were included in the gun models.
                      "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Tick is now done, and ready to go.

We need only to put it in game

Name:	Tick_01.png
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	403666Click image for larger version

Name:	Tick_02.png
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	403665

New UV set

Name:	Tick_03.png
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	403664

Originally posted by The_Wes View Post
                        An about that reskinned Chris, another legend about 1.5 closed. Grant Bitman isn't Chris.
                        I think it was clear that Grant was not Chris, here's the old comparison I did:

Grant was shown in 1996, while the Sega Saturn version of Chris appears in 1997.

Comment

• LOL .. now that I can finally see the Tick in better lighting / HD - it looks quite comical.

I wonder what this B.O.W was made for - I can't take it seriously (I know RE didn't take itself seriously but come on)
                          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• I've always enjoyed the Tick.

What move pool do you plan for it to have? I can see a cross between a Chimera and a Hunter.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post
                              I've always enjoyed the Tick.
                              Hopefully when it's not on you.

I think this whole project is interesting, and I support it 100%. It's just that personally, I prefer the PS1-styled backgrounds as opposed to the REmake-styled backgrounds. I never liked REmake, and sometimes less is more. Having PS1-styled backgrounds, like what Team IGAS is using to fill in the missing rooms of 1.5, gives the game a more 90s Resident Evil feel. It's not that the REmake backgrounds are bad, it's just that to me at least, they aren't appealing at all.

But, I wish the project well.
                              My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                              ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Even the Saturn Tick? Awesome!
                                My body is readier than ever.
                                Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

Working...
                                X