No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask [+Hazardous Battle]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It looks like a bunch of Michael Myers masks stitched together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
      Interesting Concept.

One thing I didn't like about Nemesis was when he had his Stinger Missile Launcher or politically correct as the FIM-92 since he'd have some "infinite missile cheat" with it and is obvious he has no missiles on his back. If you do include Nemesis I highly suggest you have him discard the launcher after he fires the missile and include the "lucky shot" if you can hit the launcher before he fires the missile like in RE3. You may need to change out his "STARS" line with something else, maybe in the lines of "THOMPSON".
      Nemesis-T's rocket launcher is actually custom-made specially for him. It's only based on a Stinger.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Quick update before I go to sleep (ignore text, it's still using the Chimera's slot):

It's finally in game, the wondrous wasp BOW is pretty much done in its bare implementation. Texture refinements to remove artifacts close to uvmap edges coming soon.
        Last edited by Gemini; 06-07-2014, 10:23 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
        , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• News Bot regardless if it's a Stinger or a Panzerfaust it still has infinite rockets/missiles. What does Nemesis have ammo coming out of his rear end or something?

Gemini all I can say is simply "Beautiful". Keep up the good work.

Comment

• Not gonna lie, starting to get more excited for this project more than the 1.5 restoration.
            Keep up the amazing work Gemini.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              Nemesis-T's rocket launcher is actually custom-made specially for him. It's only based on a Stinger.
              It's also a stupid addition that turns what should be tense boss fights into slapstick comedy. I prefer the Trench Coat tyrant from RE2 but I do admire anyone that's able to drop Nemisis on hard with just a knife.
              "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

News Bot regardless if it's a Stinger or a Panzerfaust it still has infinite rockets/missiles.
                Untrue. If you let him fire enough, he literally just throws it down and goes after you with his fists. The launcher comes pre-loaded with several rockets which he "reloads" after most shots. At least, as far as I remember. Could be wrong, haven't stuck around to fight him in a long time.

Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                It's also a stupid addition that turns what should be tense boss fights into slapstick comedy.
                Can't agree with this.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                  It's also a stupid addition that turns what should be tense boss fights into slapstick comedy.
                  Can't agree with this.
                  I have to agree with Jimmy, myself.

If the player were to instantly die from exploding into a billion pieces after being hit with a rocket, my opinion would certainly change.

Otherwise, it's seems fairly stupid that a human being would get hit with a live rocket, only to shrug it off, smoke some herb and run away.
                  I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Video games. The player char gets bit an absurd amount of times, blood flying everywhere, yet, does not get infected. Meanwhile NPC die and turn from way less during scripted cutscenes. Police tape blocks your road. Gotta find a different route. Logic does not apply to gameplay (only selective)
                    Last edited by Carnivol; 06-08-2014, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Interesting Concept.

One thing I didn't like about Nemesis was when he had his Stinger Missile Launcher or politically correct as the FIM-92 since he'd have some "infinite missile cheat" with it and is obvious he has no missiles on his back. If you do include Nemesis I highly suggest you have him discard the launcher after he fires the missile and include the "lucky shot" if you can hit the launcher before he fires the missile like in RE3. You may need to change out his "STARS" line with something else, maybe in the lines of "THOMPSON".
                      I was just thinking of this the other day myself. It would be cool if he keeps it as an ace in the hole-instant kill attack. To make it fair for the player make him take some time to aim it and maybe show a laser sight destination. I'm sorry but if your gonna make him shoot projectile rockets at you, it shouldnt do anything short of disintegration of the target.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                        Video games. The player char gets bit an absurd amount of times, blood flying everywhere, yet, does not get infected. Meanwhile NPC die and turn from way less during scripted cutscenes. Police tape blocks your road. Gotta find a different route. Logic does not apply to gameplay (only selective)
                        Games will always features layers of abstraction and simplification in their depication of real world elements, behaviour and interactions. They too mostly feature asymmetry between the player's character and the rest of the characters in the game. And whether or not it's possible to accept / look past these is purely subjective.

But with Nemisis I believe the it was taken too far in order for the game to remain tense and scary. In theory Nemisis could be able to run up to you and insta kill you but didn't because of arbitary AI patterns, whilst the idea of recovering from a bazooka hit feels like a significant leap from using herbs to cure zombie bites, Hunter swipes & Tyrant slashes.

I wish we could havea survival horror game that did away with health bars completely, and have one hit kills but introduce a variety of dodgy, grapple and flee mechanics to keep you one step ahead of death.
                        "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Go play zombie u. That is usually what occurs. One bite, your dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                            I wish we could havea survival horror game that did away with health bars completely, and have one hit kills but introduce a variety of dodgy, grapple and flee mechanics to keep you one step ahead of death.
                            Forbidden Siren, and the sequel, Forbidden Siren 2. You could survive a maximum of 3 hits from the Shibito, not even that if you get hit with a powerful gun, or become overwhelmed by numbers. The Shibito cannot be killed. You can try, but they simply revive after a while. No health bar, ever. No healing items either. And the stealth mechanics allow for some pretty intense hide-and-seek scenarions, where you can use the environment to hide pretty efficiently.
                            Last edited by Northman; 06-09-2014, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Took some time to rip a few assets from Dino Crisis 1/2 because I needed one specific model:

Of course, the model I needed extracted isn't Regina, but something else related to GS. With the format fully reversed I also found a decent way to rig models with no need of bind matrices or weight tables generally used for this effect. Needs further testing, but I'm on the right track and this shall provide smooth models and almost no CPU overheat. Clever CAPCOM.
                              Last edited by Gemini; 06-09-2014, 07:23 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                              , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Gemini what is this model that relates to GS that isn't Regina? Did I miss something?

Comment

Working...
                                X