No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask [+Hazardous Battle]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gentlemen, thank you for these glimpses at the Saturn exclusive material. I'm forever grateful. I can't wait to see the Tick return properly.
    sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

• As Chris suggested, I think the Tick should have a new animation set and AI than simply the Hunters AI. Maybe when it's standing still it should twitch like a fly. What I mean it the head would twitch/pivot the the upper left and upper right, arm would twitch left and right, it's body wouldn't though. I think for the body it should have a slumped over stance with it's limbs and head would titch. The running animation would be something like a person running forward slumped (kinda like the Hunter), but have their arm trailing behind them a bit. This would give it an insect feel. What do you think?

I can't wait to see the Tick in action. Perhaps that could be a possible update for us Gemini?
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• It looks kind of like the Man Spider if you ask me, just with fewer limbs. I could imagine them having similar behavior.

Comment

• The Tick is going to be like the Hunter, for the moment at least. The only differences will be location, hit resistance, and damage inflicted. Think of it like the Evolved Licker from RE2.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• It has a more more human-like shape than I previously thought. It's an interesting enemy.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
              It looks kind of like the Man Spider if you ask me, just with fewer limbs. I could imagine them having similar behavior.

Spoiler:
              When I first saw them I thought they were evolved Chimeras with some Hunter elements, it's a shame that Ticks didn't make it to other games though.

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              The Tick is going to be like the Hunter, for the moment at least. The only differences will be location, hit resistance, and damage inflicted. Think of it like the Evolved Licker from RE2.
              Has the team any thoughts or plans for Brain Suckers and Drain Deimos? Also, can you reveal which enemies are definitely going to make it to the game so far?
              Last edited by Getta robo; 07-19-2014, 05:34 AM.

Comment

• Don't hold me to this, but I remember the Tick having a unique kill animation. One claw goes through the characters back, then before they're done yelping the other claw takes their head off. I don't know if you can pull that data from the Saturn version, but I don't see why not after everything else you've done
                Unfortunately though, I don't own a Saturn anymore so therefore can't check. If anyone can prove me wrong with either the game or a vid on YT, then fair enough & to hell with this brain o' mine.

Comment

• The only thing that bothers me is that the backgrounds look fantastic (REmake quality) but the character model is very PS1 old school looking.

Will the character models be updated to match the quality of the backgrounds? (RE classic BGs always looked more basic than the ones you have, that match Gamecube)
                  "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Are all of the BOWs from RE1, 2, and 3 going to be making an appearance in this game? It seems like most of them are in it.
                    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Maybe all the characters textures could be re-done to me like remakes? Kinda how, I think it was Enrico on the 123 boards, made some revamped RE1 skins.
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Getta robo View Post
                        Has the team any thoughts or plans for Brain Suckers and Drain Deimos? Also, can you reveal which enemies are definitely going to make it to the game so far?
                        Brain Sucker and Drain Deimos won't be there. I think I already said somewhere that they are based on local parasite mutations, so if the T-Virus affected the parasites on Sheena Island there would different results. As for the other monsters, I currently have the very same in GS, with extras being Chimera (difficulty extra and part of a battle mode), Tick, Yawn (still no idea where to place it), and Super T-002 (you fight it on the bridge with those tubes containing Mr.Xs).

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                        The only thing that bothers me is that the backgrounds look fantastic (REmake quality) but the character model is very PS1 old school looking.

Will the character models be updated to match the quality of the backgrounds? (RE classic BGs always looked more basic than the ones you have, that match Gamecube)
                        Model quality doesn't really interfere with backgrounds having a different style, because of the low PSX resolution (320x240 doesn't have a whole lot of detail). I certainly won't try and implement realistic textures like some stuff I've seen somewhere using RE1 meshes and REmake textures. Honestly, those look quite ugly and simply make the overall quality drop into an abyss, rather than improve it.

Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
                        Are all of the BOWs from RE1, 2, and 3 going to be making an appearance in this game? It seems like most of them are in it.
                        News Bot suggested the implementation of Nemesis, because it would be canonically correct and more or less in line with the idea of a helper to the UT squad, but so far the rooster will not include most entries from RE3 for scenario reasons.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                        , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• A half-ass prototype Nemesis would be cool, which also share the same primitive characteristics of the tyrant T-001 !

Comment

• The idea of a Nemesis prototype sounds kinda neat actually.
                            sigpic
                            "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Gemini : The tilk are based on proto hunter of insects, they were designed long before the classic Hunter but deemed unsuccessful experiments , you could increase the size of these proto-hunter?

Proto-Nemesis
                              Spoiler:
                              Last edited by blackpower; 06-07-2014, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Interesting Concept.

One thing I didn't like about Nemesis was when he had his Stinger Missile Launcher or politically correct as the FIM-92 since he'd have some "infinite missile cheat" with it and is obvious he has no missiles on his back. If you do include Nemesis I highly suggest you have him discard the launcher after he fires the missile and include the "lucky shot" if you can hit the launcher before he fires the missile like in RE3. You may need to change out his "STARS" line with something else, maybe in the lines of "THOMPSON".

Comment

Working...
                                X