Resident Evil: Behind the Mask [+Hazardous Battle]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
    Did they replace vertical aiming with move forward / backward?
    Yup, DC2 completely discarded upper/lower aim and replaced it with aim+move+vertical lock mechanics.

And wasn't there another Saturn only survival horror, but all in 3D, about a man with a beard in a red jacket in a lab either under water or in the arctic?
    I'm not aware of this one. Gamefaqs doesn't list much under Survival Horror in the Saturn category. If anybody knows more feel free to post the title, easter eggs and little references are always welcome.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

And wasn't there another Saturn only survival horror, but all in 3D, about a man with a beard in a red jacket in a lab either under water or in the arctic?
      Overblood? But it is a PSX game, not a Saturn one. http://cdn-static.gamekult.com/gamek...01376400_2.jpg
      Only Saturn exclusive survival-horror game I liked/can remember is Enemy Zero - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enemy_Zero
      Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

• YES!!!! THat's it, Overblood. I can't think why I thought it was on the Saturn and not PS1. It's one of those games I never got around to playing.
        "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Oh, God-- Overblood.

Following an ethereal few playthroughs of "Resident Evil" in my youth, that game seemed like such gutter entertainment, though somehow I still maintain a shred of sympathy for it. For people that found RE's voice/script bad...check out the scene in OB where the protagonist (Barry Burton convention 96' winner) mourns the destruction of his robot friend, be-po.
          The horror is alive, the horror is expanding; living with the horror, can be demanding

Comment

• Oh man, that's actually selling it to me. I need a weekend of OB and DF, fueled by booze and junk food.
            "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Glad to hear Rusty is working on the project, he's one talented guy, he sure has blossomed over the years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burt Mustin View Post
                Barry Burton convention 96' winner
                I think we have an extra outfit for Barry, given the huge similarities. At least I can avoid the rainbow flag outfit or Barry cosplaying as Haggar, tho the latter wasn't too bad.

Comment

• Oh wow I remember Overblood but it's been a loooooooooong time.

Comment

Oh man, that's actually selling it to me. I need a weekend of OB and DF, fueled by booze and junk food.
                    Overblood is best forgotten, I tried going back to it a year or so ago and it was just awful. Nostalgic but awful. First time I played it back in the 90s I completed it in like 3 or 4 hours or so and never touched it again.

Comment

• I actually replayed Overblood a couple of months ago. Finally beat it this time. The zombies in that game look like a rip-off of the first zombie in RE1, while the female protag is a straight up copy of Annette.

I'd imagine if you ever got around to doing a HB File 2, the outfits of the cast of T.R.A.G./Hard Edge would make for some very good alternate costumes for the RE2 characters.
                      Last edited by biohazard_star; 02-20-2015, 09:28 PM.
                      Seibu teh geimu?
                      ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                        I actually replayed Overblood a couple of months ago. Finally beat it this time. The zombies in that game look like a rip-off of the first zombie in RE1, while the female protag is a straight up copy of Annette.

I'd imagine if you ever got around to doing a HB File 2, the outfits of the cast of T.R.A.G./Hard Edge would make for some very good alternate costumes for the RE2 characters.
                        It has a sequel, I never made past the train station though, it has an easter egg of a Raz owned building irc.

Comment

• Moar outfits implemented for Chris and Jill:

Jill's classic outfit uses flat normals to differentiate her more with her DS STARS counterpart. Still haven't finished with Chris' classic outfit, it needs mesh untriangulation and better material placement.

And here goes a better model overview with proper rendering:

Last edited by Gemini; 02-23-2015, 05:45 AM.

Comment

• Jill's S.T.A.R.S. costume looks very blocky in those pictures. Is that how she actually looks in-game?

She didn't look that bad when this picture was posted:

Also, any chance of seeing her RE3 costume, or maybe even her BSAA costume?
                            Last edited by RetroRain; 02-24-2015, 09:39 PM.
                            My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                            ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
                              Jill's S.T.A.R.S. costume looks very blocky in those pictures. Is that how she actually looks in-game?

She didn't look that bad when this picture was posted:
                              Answer:

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                              Jill's classic outfit uses flat normals to differentiate her more with her DS STARS counterpart.

...though, I agree - it doesn't look very appealing
                              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• I actually missed that in his post? *facepalm*

I don't usually do that. Anyway, yeah, the model would be better if you could fix it.
                                My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                                ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Working...
                                X