No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just one last cover art idea I wanted to share. Spent a lot more time on this one.

Comment

• They posted new pictures of the ps3/360 versions on the re facebook page. The characters and backgrounds are really starting to look better then before.

Comment

• They are just identical to the stuff released before, meaning they aren't planning to rerender anything at all. Bummer.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
        , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Why did they change the outside of Lisa's house? something is wrong about it, is it just me?
          And if they can change the backrounds why don't they redo them in hd?

Comment

• Well these screens are taken from the last gen versions..personally I want the 1080 screens.

Comment

• Damn. Remake is all about photo realism. Now it looks like a painting.

edit: If the game static scenarios are all in 800x600 32bit, output then in a 720p video resolution look better than the 1080p video output with the same upscalling algorithm.
              Last edited by yurieu; 08-27-2014, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Those screenshots are laughable!

Did you see how they were trying to make the 'original' screenshots look atrociously bad compared to the new ones??? It looked like they captured those through a Gamecube on composite video!

Comment

• And if anyone is interested:

(High-res file: http://i.imgur.com/ZWHbEwW.jpg)
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Resident Evil - Original v. Remastered.png
Views:	2
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	403747

Comment

• I don't give a shit about the technical aspects it looks pretty damn good to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by ajrich17901 View Post
                      Well these screens are taken from the last gen versions..personally I want the 1080 screens.
                      Imagine the same stuff, just in a higher res and with more noticeable artifacts due to insane upscaling. tl;dr: digital poop.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Im under the impression that the next gen version will have brighter or darker lighting so people think they look different.

Comment

• What's going on here?! Screenshot from a new game mode? 2 player perhaps?

Comment

• ^ Fan-made, captured form BIO UC. And it looks awful.

Comment

• If it was, they'd be advertising it by now I'd think.

I will say that the textures on that crimson heads hands look awful.

Comment

• Capcom still won't talk about the backgrounds' resolutions when asked, although they're happy to talk about 're-rendering' later when it comes to discussing the choice to remain at 4:3 for the aspect ration and only zoom in for 16:9.

It's also annoying that Capcom talk as if they're upping the quality of the assets within the backgrounds when it looks like texture sizes and poly counts are identical to the GC original.

Im under the impression that the next gen version will have brighter or darker lighting so people think they look different.
                                The REMaster backgrounds definitely have more contrast, and highlights are stronger, but it's still not clear if that is through re-rendered backgrounds or Capcom tarting up the GC backgrounds in Photoshop.
                                Last edited by Jimmy_Jazz; 08-29-2014, 06:00 AM.
                                "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

Working...
                                X