No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was a whole lot of controversy too when the first Revelations shots came out and Jills face looked different...
    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 09-05-2014, 11:38 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• ^ Ah yes, the other minor scandal, "Jill Croft".

Comment

• Well, look at things this way, we're all attached to this series and its characters when changes happen, we all notice them but react differently.

The slight adjustment to Jills nose wasn't something a lot of us liked, Chris's steroid habit in RE5 wasn't exactly popular either.
        But between the two its kind of odd how they cant seem to decide on a face for Jill that they like or we like. I'm kind of in the middle and would be much happier if they just stuck with a face for Jill and left it alone, like they did with Chris.

Consistency is kind of a pet peeve of mine and as long as they stick with something, I may not like it, but I mighty not hate it either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
          I wonder if they will be able to fix some of the stuttering and delays in some of the cutscenes. Honestly I can only remember the beginning cutscene where Jill and Barry enter the dining room that has a noticeable delay. I always wondered about that. Does anyone know why some of the cutscenes were choppy?
          The cutscenes were rendered in realtime, so the "stuttering" was just the game loading the pre-rendered backgrounds for each different camera angle.

I doubt with todays hardware it will need much if any optimisation for cutscenes to play out smoothly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
            I wonder if they will be able to fix some of the stuttering and delays in some of the cutscenes. Honestly I can only remember the beginning cutscene where Jill and Barry enter the dining room that has a noticeable delay. I always wondered about that. Does anyone know why some of the cutscenes were choppy?
            I do remember that, i dunno, it adds some nostalgia to the game...

Comment

• Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
              The cutscenes were rendered in realtime, so the "stuttering" was just the game loading the pre-rendered backgrounds for each different camera angle.

I doubt with todays hardware it will need much if any optimisation for cutscenes to play out smoothly.
              A downfall of pre-rendered backgrounds. The background changes with every scene cut, which causes a noticeable delay. It's in all the pre-rendered games, but particularly affects REmake for some reason.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• At least the trailer shows nothing of the sort, transitions are smooth, but we can't rely on it because, well, it's a trailer, not actual "pure" gameplay. We will have to wait for the TGS to see for ourselves.

About Jill, as a part time Jilluminado myself, I claim that there was nothing wrong with her face in RE5. However Jill in Revelations is painfully horrible, ugly face and stupid voice, I can't stand her. "Jillia Voth" is the one true Jill, end of story.
                Last edited by Sly; 09-04-2014, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                  XD

Not quite. Around RE5's release, certain fans were losing their minds about how Jill was horrifically disfigured because of some minor nose tweak. It was a huge debacle around the time here, and the overzealous fans were labeled Los Jilluminados.
                  Google images still has some artifacts from that special time period:

Last edited by CODE_umb87; 09-04-2014, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                    A downfall of pre-rendered backgrounds. The background changes with every scene cut, which causes a noticeable delay. It's in all the pre-rendered games, but particularly affects REmake for some reason.
                    Are you talking about the delay that's caused when you change camera angles whilst moving through a room in RE, stuttering behind cutscenes or both?
                    "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Fun things they can inject without major gameplay alterations:
                      -Even more realistic real survivor mode elements
                      -"novelty"(shotgun,magnum) weapons are found with no ammo, "used" weapons(assault shotgun,grenade launcher) found with partially used ammo
                      -examining does not freeze gameplay-can still be attacked by enemy (ala silent hill 3)
                      -safe room doors can be busted in by zombies; no longer completely safe
                      -no ink ribbons-all typewriters individually preloaded with limited ink for save use (think gasoline tanks)
                      -unlockable, interchangeable music option menu-individually set tracks between remake, classic or RANDOMLY chosen!
                      -Elimination mode? Choose an area (ala deadly silence), choose a character with a preset load out-Rebecca, Chris, Wesker, Richard, Jill, Barry. (Joseph/Forest/Enrico/Kenneth- never seen in combat- up to capcom to create) See if you can kill all enemies in given location as fast as possible.

Major gameplay alternations- stuff less likely to see
                      -real survivor mode-upon healing, health doesn't instantly go up. Gradual healing feature
                      -finish unused ice grenade rounds as unlockable content
                      -AGAIN! QUICK KNIFE!
                      -non cannon Barry mode-Can I see barry use his custom samurai edge at least once?
                      -inject laser weapon idea seen in development videos into game as unlockable
                      -ALL cast can be given alternate costumes, for "consistency sake". We seen that they at least planned for Wesker to have a costume change. After beating game once, new option at title screen. Able to switch each npc character costumes between "Normal" or "Special"

You can go on with the potential stuff they could do but you will just set you up for greater disappointment.

Comment

• I want a Wesker mode, why can't we play as Wesker as well as Enrico he survives all he way to the catacombs afterall, you could have him enter mansion giving orders to Kenneth & Richard to search the first floor, whilst him and Forest search the second, having Enrico split off into the rear garden, maybe a stretch but they could add a extra cutscence in the garden where Enrico hears Forest getting pecked to death and sees it by looking upwards. You could even make the game at it's hardest difficulty with more enemies in every room, bravo team being the first cleanup it's relatively scarce of enemies for alpha team.
                        Last edited by Mikhail; 09-06-2014, 04:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                          I want a Wesker mode, why can't we play as Wesker as well as Enrico he survives all he way to the catacombs afterall, you could have him enter mansion giving orders to Kenneth & Richard to search the first floor, whilst him and Forest search the second, having Enrico split off into the rear garden, maybe a stretch but they could add a extra cutscence in the garden where Enrico hears Forest getting pecked to death and sees it by looking upwards. You could even make the game at it's hardest difficulty with more enemies in every room, bravo team being the first cleanup it's relatively scarce of enemies for alpha team.
                          Great idea...that would be great...the way u set up enrico scenario it sounds fantastic...

Comment

You could even make the game at it's hardest difficulty with more enemies in every room, bravo team being the first cleanup it's relatively scarce of enemies for alpha team.
                            So immobalized zombies should dissolve then? (Seeing as no one else has to wade through anything but a few stray encounters here and there that roughly matches up with the estimated population of the mansion)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                              Are you talking about the delay that's caused when you change camera angles whilst moving through a room in RE, stuttering behind cutscenes or both?
                              Don't hate me Newsbot, let's talk about how Onimusha 2 recieves no delays during camera switches or what may be behind those delays during pre-rendered cutscene camera stutters.
                              Last edited by Jimmy_Jazz; 09-06-2014, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I want a Wesker mode, why can't we play as Wesker as well as Enrico he survives all he way to the catacombs afterall, you could have him enter mansion giving orders to Kenneth & Richard to search the first floor, whilst him and Forest search the second, having Enrico split off into the rear garden, maybe a stretch but they could add a extra cutscence in the garden where Enrico hears Forest getting pecked to death and sees it by looking upwards. You could even make the game at it's hardest difficulty with more enemies in every room, bravo team being the first cleanup it's relatively scarce of enemies for alpha team.
                                A Wesker mode would be awesome. I assume he would have some kind of skeleton key to the mansion / facility that enables him to bypass the security systems that Jill & Chris have to go through.

You could add a countdown to it so that you have to reach the Tyrant before Jill and / or Chris do so that you can leave with it and destroy the facility without being caught.

Comment

Working...
                                X