No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The backgrounds look really nice, imo. I like how they have completely re-rendered parts of the background that looked hideous because of compression artifacts. Things like the animated trees and shrubs, as well as the deathmask statues look really blurry and pixelated in the Gamecube/Wii version, probably less than people remember them to be. Replay the game on Dolphin yourself and see how much of an improvement they've made on those things.
    Last edited by biohazard_star; 10-02-2014, 11:22 AM.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

• Any advice if possible, I'm considering buying this from "Play asia" simply because I want a physical copy of the game. It seems you can play the game in either Japanese or English language with subtitles for both but I'm wondering if you chose to play in English, would the Inventory/menus, in game files & such still be in Japanese?
      Last edited by _Raziel_; 10-02-2014, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Raziel_ View Post
        Any advice if possible, I'm considering buying this from "Play asia" simply because I want a physical copy of the game. It seems you can play the game in either Japanese or English language with subtitles for both but I'm wondering if you chose to play in English, would the Inventory/menus, in game files & such still be in Japanese?
        Hmmmm, sounds like it would be. I don't see why they would have English subs and have everything else in Japanese. Definite import if this is the case

Comment

• I myself see a drastic difference in those IGN videos. The backrounds look almost recreated in a way especially in the graveyard basement where you fight the Elder Crimson Head.

Comment

• The Asian version (R3) has English/Japanese voice-overs and text. This is a different version from the Japanese version. Multiple language support is a very common feature for the Asian editions of PS3/360 games since they are targeted towards the Asian markets outside of Japan (Singapore/Malaysia/Hongkong/Philippines/etc.) The Asian versions of RE5 and RE6 came with both Chinese and English language options. The only downside would be that you would need an R3 account (and corresponding PSN cash cards for the region) in order to purchase DLC for the game, if ever any is released.

Resident Evil HD Remaster (English & Japanese) for PlayStation 3Support both English & Japanese subtitle and voice, language is base on PS3 system language.Based on the original title of the same name for the PlayStation and taking elements from the stunning Gamecube remake, this upgraded version will now run at modern standards:720prunning at 30 frames per second with5.1 surround sound support, and the option between4:3 and 16:9 aspectratios.And while the above mentioned is merely cosmetic, the graphical leap is as intense as the harrowingjump scares Resident Evil is known for; Capcom has insured that every single room has been given ...
            Seibu teh geimu?
            ---

Comment

• You can only play in fully English or fully Japanese, the Asian version works based on what language your console is set to.

Comment

• All text in English? Is the Asian version of the Chronicles HD Selection the same?
                Last edited by Vito; 10-02-2014, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• If the text is in english im def getting this!!! I'll prolly buy the American digital version just to get 2 platinums XD

Comment

• Playing in 4:3 will make the upscalling not that bad, small picture means better results in this case. add the sharp of the 1080p + maxed PC settings + good brightness calibration + good HDTV= good experience.

Good old remake, it is sad there is no mechanics for machine guns. I hope they improve the secret message from the director's visuals.

Comment

• I'm scared the physicals will be outa print very fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vito View Post
                        All text in English? Is the Asian version of the Chronicles HD Selection the same?
                        Nope. It's Japanese/Chinese, iirc. I saw it at a local gamestore the other day. Only the digital version was ever released in English.
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                          Nope. It's Japanese/Chinese, iirc. I saw it at a local gamestore the other day. Only the digital version was ever released in English.
                          Well, I'm shit out of luck then.

Comment

• After seeing it in action, I think I prefer the blur & washed out fog of the ngc version, to me it's more atmospheric, the hd models and improved lighting are nice but I'd prefer it if the mansion had a fog like effect to recreate stale air, flys and dust.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                              The backgrounds look really nice, imo. I like how they have completely re-rendered parts of the background that looked hideous because of compression artifacts. Things like the animated trees and shrubs, as well as the deathmask statues look really blurry and pixelated in the Gamecube/Wii version, probably less than people remember them to be. Replay the game on Dolphin yourself and see how much of an improvement they've made on those things.
                              NO!

The backgrounds still look horrendous! They lack any new detail and looks heavily washed out due to the overfiltering that was done i.e. Denoising filter. Look at the wall and carpets, they look like one big mish mash, you cant define the fine pattern designs (which is a shame since work like that cant be appreciated even in this HD day and age.

I will probably make my own comparisons with this footage and with the Dolphin emulator which will showcase what is hiding beneath the low-res of the GC.

Comment

• ^^^ Looks pretty good to me I have no clue what you guys are all seeing.

Comment

Working...
                                X