Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
    Typical ... Japan getting stuff while we have to wait. It's almost as bad as the whole fiasco with Fatal Frame/Project Zero 4 (which U.S and Europe never got until fans hacked the game)
    Looks like the same may be said for FF5 too on Wii U - If it doesn't get localized and yet another exclusive for Japan - I'm never buying a Nintendo product again

Still .. as long as it IS Early 2015 (January-March time maybe) I can wait .. play this waiting for REV2 - if they don't come out around the same time that is..
    Many hardcore fans are importing the PS3 Asian release so they can play it with English language support ahead of the NA and EU release date. Note that I said Asian release and not Japanese.
    Last edited by djepic112; 10-11-2014, 03:30 AM.

Comment

• I wonder if the trophies will work on an American psn account

Comment

• Trophies will work fine on any account, however they maybe in Chinese/Japanese.
        My Asian version of Demon's Souls had trophies in English on the fat PS3, however on Slim PS3 they displayed in Chinese.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
          Typical ... Japan getting stuff while we have to wait. It's almost as bad as the whole fiasco with Fatal Frame/Project Zero 4 (which U.S and Europe never got until fans hacked the game)
          Looks like the same may be said for FF5 too on Wii U - If it doesn't get localized and yet another exclusive for Japan - I'm never buying a Nintendo product again

Still .. as long as it IS Early 2015 (January-March time maybe) I can wait .. play this waiting for REV2 - if they don't come out around the same time that is..
          Apparently according to Namco, its Nintendo that aren't letting Fatal Frames get out of Japan. Dumb assholes...
          Normally I wouldn't mind playing the game in Japanese dub but for Fatal Frame, its important to be able to understand the language because the games have subliminal whispering for effect and if they had subtitles popping on the screen to understand the whispers it kinda defeats the purpose...
          Last edited by NEOMEGA; 10-12-2014, 05:31 PM. Reason: go away F

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
            Apparently according to Namco, its Nintendo that aren't letting Fatal Frames get out of Japan. Dumb assholes...
            Normally I wouldn't mind playing the game in Japanese dub but for Fatal Frame, its important to be able to understand the language because the games have subliminal whispering for effect and if they had subtitles popping on the screen to understand the whispers it kinda defeats the purpose...
            Well .. not only that, but a game as complex as FF (item examination, puzzle explainations, locked doors) if you don't read Japanese .. your screwed without resorting to a walkthrough - the only Japanese game I've played was Biohazard Survivor ages ago .. and I had no clue what half the game was due to the text.. lol
            "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Hey guys, I came across this from Capcom Unity. It's the producer explaining briefly how they went about 'remastering' some of the scenes in the game.

Now I dont know about you but I cant tell what is BS or the truth in this. I still reckon I could've done a much better job no matter how 'pretty' it looks (which doesn't really scream it in my opinion).

Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, producer of the upcoming version of Resident Evil, explains a few ways in which he and the team are enhancing the 2002 "REmake" for 201...

Comment

• Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
                Hey guys, I came across this from Capcom Unity. It's the producer explaining briefly how they went about 'remastering' some of the scenes in the game.

Now I dont know about you but I cant tell what is BS or the truth in this. I still reckon I could've done a much better job no matter how 'pretty' it looks (which doesn't really scream it in my opinion).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WNTRDNEg6I
                It looks absolutelly amazing. So how about you shut your mouth. You are literally the only one who keeps bitching about REmaster for no reason and it's getting old.
                Spoiler:

Comment

I still reckon I could've done a much better job no matter how 'pretty' it looks (which doesn't really scream it in my opinion).

Comment

I still reckon I could've done a much better job no matter how 'pretty' it looks (which doesn't really scream it in my opinion).]
                    Then stop bitching and get to it if you feel so strongly about it.

Comment

• I need the original assets

Comment

• So do Capcom that is the whole point.

Comment

I need the original assets
                          What makes you think Capcom has them? You think the developers deliberately took the hard route to manually edit and clean up each individual background while looking and smiling at the original file assets sitting next to them?

What they've done so far is pretty damn impressive.....so stop preaching that you could single-handedly do a better job cause it's getting a little annoying now.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                            What makes you think Capcom has them? You think the developers deliberately took the hard route to manually edit and clean up each individual background while looking and smiling at the original file assets sitting next to them?
                            Well yeah, I mean we kinda proved that we were able to replicate almost exactly what they've done to the pre-rendered backgrounds by just using the retail assets.

And I want you to understand as well that it is NOT hard to redo them, it's as simple as re-rendering them as a batch, which is probably what they did with most of the background images in Photoshop via. Image Processor.

Comment

Hey guys, I came across this from Capcom Unity. It's the producer explaining briefly how they went about 'remastering' some of the scenes in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WNTRDNEg6I
                              Couldn't make out much of what was being said because they didn't mute it for the english dub "use subtitles next time capcom ffs", but it's nice that they've decided to make the trees and candles real models.

Comment

• But the candles do look quite "blown out" though i.e. clipped highlights.

Comment

Working...
                                X