Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
    Blurgh, messed up my knife only run, just realised it says no lighter, I've been burning them after stabbing.
    Time to start over I guess. Must be possible.I think saving will be your biggest friend as long as it doesn't disqualify you.
    Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 01-17-2015, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
      I'm looking at the original unretouched background from the GC rip, and I think the smear filter just made it look worse. The wavey effects on the walls and floors do not look good upscaled. I doubt even the developers thought this was acceptable, but given how large the room is, and with their budget, remaking it much like the Elder Crimson Head dungeon was probably out of the question. :/
      Yeah, it does look pretty crappy. If I had the time and the HDD space I'd get the original backgrounds and upscale them myself. I think I have also found the culprit for the green. In the room data for every room there is a filter definition file. It contains strings for things like "mColor", "ColorCorrectFilter" and "ToneCurveRGB"...unfortunately it's not in plain text. On the upside all the audio in the game is in 6 channel ATRAC3+. FFMPEG can encode and decode that so it should be reasonably easy to fix those pesky music tracks. Is there a list of all the affected areas?
      Last edited by MeatSMurderer; 01-17-2015, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone played the Steam PC version, and if so - can the game files be modded? As in, changing music, SFX, character swapping etc

I know its early days yet - but I may buy on PC if modding can be done (eventually surely it will)
        "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• If the console versions are anything to go by PC modding will be day one. On console they used RE5 format archives and texture files so everything can already be extracted and modified with existing tools. The SFX may be a little different, on PS3 it's all in ATRAC3+, but I can't see them using that for PC.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
            Has anyone played the Steam PC version, and if so - can the game files be modded? As in, changing music, SFX, character swapping etc

I know its early days yet - but I may buy on PC if modding can be done (eventually surely it will)
            Steam version has yet to be released, on January 20th, so I guess nobody can confirm that yet, but it's likely going to be modded for sure.
            The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• In the last video I was able to defeat the evil evil evil doors in REmake, and this time, in REmaster on xbox 360! PC version is out in two days, and this sh...

Finally, no more slow ass doors.

EDIT: Rooms load instantenously if you emulate the Wii version on Dolphin, apparently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t51x...E33189D9E0395A
              Last edited by biohazard_star; 01-18-2015, 01:40 PM.
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

• HAHAHA I JUST WATCHED A STREAM ON TWITCH OF STEAM VERSION AND ADMINS TOLD THEM TO STOP PLAYIGN AND PEOPLE SAID "NIGGA ITS PS1 GAME STOP BITCHING" AHAHAHHAA THSI SI SO FUNNYADGHAGHAAs shiet i been drinkin tew much tonught
                Last edited by Deathlygasm; 01-18-2015, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• I've spent hours searching through the archives to find the known bugged tracks, listening to tracks for more and I found 8 of them on PS3, however I have had little luck fixing them. I can change the samplerates with a hex editor and this does seem to fix the audio file, however it doesn't play ingame unfortunately. Over on the Biohaze forums someone said there was 10 but I couldn't find the other 2...however if someone knows of one and lets me know I'll track down its ingame ID so that can be fixed too. Most of you probably won't be able to use this info on your consoles but it's bound to be useful when the PC version releases tomorrow
                  Code:
                  Character models and textures are in /arc/pl/
                  Room backgounds are in /arc/scr/
                  Room data is in /arc/room/
                  Music is in /sound/bgm/wav/

r1xx - Ground Floor, Mansion  //The west staircase, r101, is here.
                  r2xx - Basement, First Floor, Mansion  //The east staircase, r207, is here.
                  r3xx - Courtyard  //Heliport, r303, is here.
                  r4xx - Residence
                  r5xx - Laboratory

Bugged Music
                  sg0d - Shot in the Silence
                  sg13 - Sigh of Relief
                  sg16 - Ivies' Domain
                  sg18 - Rush of Fear
                  sg19 - Rush of Horror
                  sg1a - Narrow and Close 
                  sg1d - The Depth
                  sg1e - Concrete Bound
                  Last edited by MeatSMurderer; 01-19-2015, 03:14 AM.

Comment

• I would so love to play as Rebecca throughout the entire game LOL ..
                    I managed it on the gamecube, but the model was Rebecca's alternate outfit, which replaced Jill.
                    For Chris's game, she used Chris's animations and voice so it was weird.

Still not sure whether to buy this on Steam or PS4 - might just do both? PC for modding only.. I do this a lot with games
                    "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Barry and Wesker campaigns would be brilliant DLC if they featured other characters moving through the mansion in real time.

As Barry you could have a timed game where you're juggling requests from Wesker with helping out Jill and giving her supplies to keep her alive.

Where as with Wesker, you've got a skeleton key to the whole mansion and have to collect all BOW data from files, disks and PCs littered around the whole complex.
                      "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• I'm honestly still irked by the lack of any "real" extras in this remaster. How hard could it have been to give us a simple battle mode or an "Arrange" mode for the main story, like in DC.
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

• Originally posted by MeatSMurderer View Post
                          I've spent hours searching through the archives to find the known bugged tracks, listening to tracks for more and I found 8 of them on PS3, however I have had little luck fixing them. I can change the samplerates with a hex editor and this does seem to fix the audio file, however it doesn't play ingame unfortunately. Over on the Biohaze forums someone said there was 10 but I couldn't find the other 2...however if someone knows of one and lets me know I'll track down its ingame ID so that can be fixed too. Most of you probably won't be able to use this info on your consoles but it's bound to be useful when the PC version releases tomorrow
                          Code:
                          Character models and textures are in /arc/pl/
                          Room backgounds are in /arc/scr/
                          Room data is in /arc/room/
                          Music is in /sound/bgm/wav/

r1xx - Ground Floor, Mansion  //The west staircase, r101, is here.
                          r2xx - Basement, First Floor, Mansion  //The east staircase, r207, is here.
                          r3xx - Courtyard  //Heliport, r303, is here.
                          r4xx - Residence
                          r5xx - Laboratory

Bugged Music
                          sg0d - Shot in the Silence
                          sg13 - Sigh of Relief
                          sg16 - Ivies' Domain
                          sg18 - Rush of Fear
                          sg19 - Rush of Horror
                          sg1a - Narrow and Close 
                          sg1d - The Depth
                          sg1e - Concrete Bound
                          did you notice this one?

Comment

• I actually found arranged mode easier. I managed to get the rocket launcher in arranged before the original mode. I think I beat arranged un a little over 2 and a half hours and original in like slightly under 3 (once I was finally able to earn the rocket launcher). Remake I did it in 4 hours and 40 minutes. Those were the good old days.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                              EDIT: Rooms load instantenously if you emulate the Wii version on Dolphin, apparently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t51x...E33189D9E0395A
                              I must admit watching it can be alittle disorientating when moving between rooms. The door gives you a reason to focus on the centre of the screen again after running to a door that may be off centre.

I wonder if you could create a better floor with very short door animations and faster fade up / fade down times when doors are used.
                              "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                                did you notice this one?
                                Spoiler:
                                Yeah, that's Sigh of Relief. Just to clear up any confusion:
                                sg0d - Shot in the Silence - Plays during the beginning of the game when you first enter the dining hall.
                                sg13 - Sigh of Relief - Plays in the west staircase save room during the scene where Chris and Rebecca take Richard there.
                                sg16 - Ivies' Domain - Plays in some rooms in the residence.
                                sg18 - Rush of Fear - Plays in some rooms of the mansion after returning from the residence.
                                sg19 - Rush of Horror - Plays in some other rooms of the mansion after returning from the residence.
                                sg1a - Narrow and Close - Plays in the Kitchen (possibly the rest of the basement too)
                                sg1d - The Depth - Plays on the upper level of the lab.
                                sg1e - Concrete Bound - Plays on the lower level of the lab.
                                Last edited by MeatSMurderer; 01-19-2015, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X