Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
    Well, good thing they at least don't complain about enemies not giving you ammo or money when you kill them, LOL, they probably don't even know it's a 2002 remake of a game from 1996, someone should have told them...
    There were actually a few people on the Steam forums asking why Capcom didn't include an FPS view mode to the game.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

• The mod community for this game is starting to make me want to buy the PC version... must... not... buy REmaster twice...
      Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
        There were actually a few people on the Steam forums asking why Capcom didn't include an FPS view mode to the game.
        Oh, nice, that's where I'd like to jump and answer them: "Because the game has static pre-rendered backgrounds, you bunch of idiots"

Originally posted by Aleff View Post
        The mod community for this game is starting to make me want to buy the PC version... must... not... buy REmaster twice...
        Yes, you must buy it, as well as the GC and Wii versions in case you missed any of them, if some people bought RE4 a half dozen times you can do it as well
        The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• ^LOL.. I do it all the time. Mainly for PC modding..

I think I had RE4 on every platform (PS2 at first, then Gamecube for the extra Ada stuff, and then PC and Wii)
          I also had Tomb Raider Legend on PS2,360,PC,DS and PSP haha
          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
            People said the same thing about a port of RE on Gamecube. And that any version of 1.5 would never be seen in public. Anything is possible. It might not happen of course, but sometimes it just takes time.
            That's not really a good comparison to make.

What you need to factor in about a potential RE2Make is that the REMaster (and a potential RE0 port) is significantly cheaper and quicker to port and update to current platforms than remaking RE2 from scratch to match that quality bar.

There's definitely merit for both Capcom and gamers by revisting the REMake in the form of a port for current platforms. And it's current price point is an attractive offer for those new to the series whilst remaining profitable without having to reach multiple millions in sold copies. An RE2Make would need to sell alot more.

And really, what would we gain for an RE2Make at this point in the series' history, other than to fuel some nostalgia amungst long term fans? Personally I'd prefer to see Capcom any success of the REMaster as a reason to revisit the older format for new RE titles, not to drag the serious out further with more remakes.
            "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
              And really, what would we gain for an RE2Make at this point in the series' history, other than to fuel some nostalgia amungst long term fans?
              Exactly the same reason why SquareEnix will keep on neglecting a FF7 remake despite all those requesting for it since that infamous PS3 tech demo made its appearance. Given all the costs of a remake, gain, and CAPCOM's current financial state, the most you can expect is some cheap port making use of the original assets and some filtering to make them look at least worthy of higher resolutions and up-to-date hardware.
              Last edited by Gemini; 01-26-2015, 10:46 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
              , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                Exactly the same reason why SquareEnix will keep on neglecting a FF7 remake despite all those requesting for it since that infamous PS3 tech demo made its appearance. Given all the costs of a remake, gain, and CAPCOM's current financial state, the most you can expect is some cheap port making use of the original assets and some filtering to make them look at least worthy of higher resolutions and up-to-date hardware.
                You mean like when Square-Enix trolled the fans by releasing Final Fantasy 7... with achievements, for the PS4?
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

• Agree with J_Jazz's/Gem take on a 2remake, it's unlikely to happen for those reasons. That GC Remake got this re-release treatment, is far from surprising.

It's still debatable just as to why FF7 hasn't been remade-- the ironic truth is, it likely isn't only a cost/profit equation, as it is also one of image- FF7 for well over a decade now has remained S/E's highest selling game. And it might even remain it's most popular, given the pressure that fanbase seems to exert on either a.) a remake, or b.)wanting S/E to stay the hell away from a game they feel a masterpiece.

Kitase and a few others claim difficulty in getting the town/city settings 'correct' in HD. It is true, that any successful remake iteration would be costly to do in an overwhelmingly positive way similar that the original experienced. And people forget just how costly that 97' game was to make.

They screw that game up, that remake-- and it could create complications for atleast their near future, and I think that is something they may be painfully aware of.
                  The horror is alive, the horror is expanding; living with the horror, can be demanding

Comment

• Guys you can change this remake with various mods, not only the environment but also pg?

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                      I would really love for them to do a hybrid TPS/fixed-camera angle style similar to the one used in the 3.5 hookman beta.
                      I would definitely not be opposed if they use that style for a RE2make. However, I will be furious if they go full blown 3rd person. That would just break the flow of the game/story, meaning they would probably have to do some major changes to the story.

Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                      And really, what would we gain for an RE2Make at this point in the series' history, other than to fuel some nostalgia amungst long term fans? Personally I'd prefer to see Capcom any success of the REMaster as a reason to revisit the older format for new RE titles, not to drag the serious out further with more remakes.
                      I'd rather gain nostalgia than another RE6. 3rd person gameplay and melee moves will ALWAYS be apart of future new RE titles. Capcom would never even think to make RE7 with classic RE gameplay let alone tone down the action elements. So I'm fine with remakes as it means I can revisit what made me love the series in the first place without having to replay something from 98 over and over again to do so.
                      Last edited by CODE_umb87; 01-26-2015, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackpower View Post
                        Guys you can change this remake with various mods, not only the environment but also pg?

What do you mean by PG? Picture grain?

Everything you need is here:

For all things related to modding the PC Version of Resident Evil HD Remaster, check out this section dedicated to it!

Comment

• Pg wants to mean characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                            I'd rather gain nostalgia than another RE6. 3rd person gameplay and melee moves will ALWAYS be apart of future new RE titles. Capcom would never even think to make RE7 with classic RE gameplay let alone tone down the action elements. So I'm fine with remakes as it means I can revisit what made me love the series in the first place without having to replay something from 98 over and over again to do so.
                            This is not about you though. Capcom are a multi-million-dollar publisher and developer. They need to make money, not risk frittering it away by creating RE2Make from scratch for a potentially limited audience. Putting your personal preferences aside for a moment, can you put together a solid argument for why remaking 2 would do well? And "well, RE7 wasn't a success!" isn't a valid answer.

With 1.5, Behind the Mask and Distant Memories on the horizon we'll hopefully have our cravings for some original takes on the traditional experience in the next 12-24 months. And hopefully the positive critical (and hopefully commercial) response to the REMake will have some bearing on the direction RE7 takes. That's all we can hope for when it comes to traditional RE gameplay within the series. Otherwise, get out there and start enjoying other survival, horror and survival horror titles on the market
                            "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• The evil whitin and was a great survival horror, that I have brought back to the times of the first masterpiece of Mikami's 96.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                                This is not about you though. Capcom are a multi-million-dollar publisher and developer. They need to make money, not risk frittering it away by creating RE2Make from scratch for a potentially limited audience.
                                Of course it's about us or Capcom would have never even remastered REmake to begin with. Surely you don't think Capcom just decided out of no where to spend money remastering REmake and hoping it does well? They did it because of all the demand for RE2make and Outbreak 3. That being said I'm not sure where you are getting "limited audience" from as that's simply not true. Take IGN for example, when they posted the story that REmake was getting remastered there were so many comments asking when 2 was getting the HD treatment it was like spam. It's not just a small percentage that wants it. As for Capcom needing to make money rather than risking it, even though you don't wanna hear it, RE6 did not meet the sales expectations they wanted and I'm sure that game probably cost about 3 times the amount it would cost to develop RE2make.

No one is begging Capcom for RE7 anytime soon, but for the past 13 years LOTS of people have been asking of RE2make. Capcom needs to make money as you said right? Might as well spend money making something people want.
                                Last edited by CODE_umb87; 01-27-2015, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X