No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remaster may just be a test to see how sales go. In theory a game that's 13 years old that originally was not going to be ported is now being ported, it's most likely an attempt to see how classic style would do to a new generation.

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
      What do you mean by PG? Picture grain?

Everything you need is here:

http://residentevilmodding.boards.ne...emastermodding
      Well that's kind of disappointing at the moment... a bunch of boring recolors/camo overlays or direct ports from other Resident Evil games.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rusty- View Post
        Well that's kind of disappointing at the moment... a bunch of boring recolors/camo overlays or direct ports from other Resident Evil games.
        I'm actually surprised to see that no one has attempted redoing the PSX alternate outfits yet. Jill's arrange mode default outfit was always my favorite.
        Seibu teh geimu?
        ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
          I'm actually surprised to see that no one has attempted redoing the PSX alternate outfits yet. Jill's arrange mode default outfit was always my favorite.
          I have .. and the Saturn exclusives and Beta outfits too...

Problem is, I cannot figure out how to get the modded textures back into the game ARC files (won't repack, but can extract fine)
          Anyone savvy with texture modding here, can you help me out?

I've currently got a W.I.P Beta outfit for Jill's STARS (which is the blue and white one, in the 2 player Alpha build)
          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• So I finally played this on Steam. Is there an optimal settings template for best experience? I noticed at the highest quality & full screen (1920 x 1200) the zombies really pop out too much compared to the background which reduces the scariness a bit.

Other than that, it seems pretty good! I'm worried about future crimson heads already. I'm having to use the d-pad of my dualshock as I can't play classic RE games in any other way it seems (or I don't want to, rather)

Edit: Ah, just using the original display mode looks much better in that respect (models and background).
            Last edited by Scream; 01-28-2015, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rusty- View Post
              Thats nice LOL - I see where your coming from ... but a lot of people don't either have the skills or programs.

I don't have access to 3DSMax and can't 3D model for **** - but you can be incentive with just retexturing (look up the many Tomb Raider mods, which can only be done by retexturing, no model swaps at all)

Here's one I've been working on, which should give the illusion of Jill's vest being shorter - Sadly, without 3d modding, Jill will still have 2 trouser legs and not one.

Comment

• You don't need 3Dmax. There is this awesome program I use called Blender. The best part of it is it's free. The software is comparable to 3Dmax and even Maya. It is completely open source. People even make plugins for it so it can import and export different formats.

As for creating your model it's simple. Most of it is simple retexture. As for the leg what I woyld do is recycle Claire's leg and take Jill's boot and put it together. Piecing the parts together only requires minimal modeling knowledge. I'd export those parts via RE1MV and RE2MV. Then import those parts as an obj into your modeling software, delete some faces and verticals and work your magic.

Comment

• Or maybe also a leg from Rebecca's cowgirl costume would work. As long as you can combine some parts of the mesh into another character it would be possible.
                  The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• True. Rebecca's legs on her alternate outfit I believe are the same for Claire's. Either way you'll only need to use RE1MV if that is the case to export Rebecca's legs as .obj. You'll need to just do a little uv mapping at most once you fit the pieces together.

Comment

• I've beat off to Rebeccas cowgirl outfit so many times not gonna lie....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                        Thats nice LOL - I see where your coming from ... but a lot of people don't either have the skills or programs.

I don't have access to 3DSMax and can't 3D model for **** - but you can be incentive with just retexturing (look up the many Tomb Raider mods, which can only be done by retexturing, no model swaps at all)

Here's one I've been working on, which should give the illusion of Jill's vest being shorter - Sadly, without 3d modding, Jill will still have 2 trouser legs and not one.

Far better than my crappy 2009 version.

Comment

• I don't know how to model(very well at least) but over time I've learned how to use what is available to me.

Also please don't do what you are doing. Why slap a texture of a knee pad onto her leg when there is already a model of one available on Chris to use.

I might actually end up making my own version of this now.

EDIT: Where are you guys even finding this concept art? Is there any better art of the original designs or unused costumes?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by -Rusty-; 01-29-2015, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Seeing Gelzer again makes me wonder if he was based off the viking from mighty max.

Comment

• I can see what your saying Rusty - I didn't wanna just slap a texture on either - but ingame it looks OK.
                              Considering I don't have Blender and I'm no good at 3D stuff, this is the best I could do for now.

Got some folks over at The Horror Is Alive forums helping me with the 3D stuff, so I can apply my textures onto it and BAM.
                              This is what I have so far, just on textures alone.
                              Not bad for a first attempt right?

I don't even think the modding community had tools for Blender anyway - positive only 3DSMax can be used at the moment??
                              Unless anyway can give me links or whatever to plugins and stuff..

Comment

• That looks amazing. Bravo. I think the red logo on the sleeve stand out a bit too much though, maybe try changing it to a more neutral color? You should consider doing Arrange Mode Rebecca next; her cowboy costume would make a suitable base mesh, I think.
                                Seibu teh geimu?
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X