No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile in PC land the game hasn't even launched for us yet, way to go Capcom..

Comment

• Just got done playing a little bit of it on PC with a 360 controller. Jesus, how the hell did they manage to fuck up the controls this badly. Run is mapped to Circle/B, while the inventory is mapped to Square/X. They also assigned the aim controls to the shoulder buttons rather than the triggers. Don't tell me this is also TOSE's fault.
      Last edited by biohazard_star; 01-19-2016, 01:22 PM.
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

• So, I'm happy with it. Really. I still really like the costumes lol
        The controls really do suck though. I keep accidentally switching characters when I want to access the menu and I'm always struggling to figure out where the gun draw is. I feel like I shouldn't be that bad at this!!

Comment

• On the Xbox one how do you access the new costumes?

Comment

• Can't it be remapped via keyboard controls using freepie to reassign them to your given controller.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              Definitely not me. My opinion on it is the polar opposite.
              My apologies mate, it was definitely Carnivol then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                Well this is mega bullshit, you can't even set sqaure to be the run button it has to be circle which is downright STUPID! Good news is, for ps4 players you can adjust your buttons threw the playstation settings. I swapped circle with Sqaure to fix this issue.
                If the controls are the only bad part of the remaster, and if we can change them on PS4, then we have it pretty good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                  Well this is mega bullshit, you can't even set sqaure to be the run button it has to be circle which is downright STUPID! Good news is, for ps4 players you can adjust your buttons threw the playstation settings. I swapped circle with Sqaure to fix this issue.
                  One of the things i HATED about REmake:HD, It feels so wierd having to use R2 to aim instead of R1 after it being R1 in literally every old school RE game upto that point (heck even RE4 and RE5 used R1 to aim)

I loved the REmaster apart from that. Feel less inclined to pick up zero because it's the weakest out of the old school titles and i still have the GC version (imo, i know others will disagree)

Comment

• For those wanting to remap the gamepad controls on the PC version to more closely resemble REmake's, I found this posted by Dance Inferno on Neogaf:

In case anyone is wondering, you can definitely remap the control by using Durazno (I just tried it). This is what I did to most closely match REmake controls:

Change Back to Y
                    Change Y to LT
                    Change LT to LB
                    Change LB to Back
                    Change RT to RB
                    Change RB to RT
                    Change B to X
                    Change X to B

This way you can aim with RT, fire with A, bring up inventory with B, bring up map with Y, and reload with X.
                    Durazno download: https://github.com/KrossX/Durazno

And another essential mod, for those wanting the original font used in the GC/Wii release: http://residentevilmodding.boards.ne...scrollTo=59827

Spoiler:

Not sure why Capcom didn't just go with the original font, since it really does look perfect.
                    Last edited by biohazard_star; 01-20-2016, 02:46 AM.
                    Seibu teh geimu?
                    ---

Comment

• From everything I've seen(fyi I hope I'm wrong), the drop-your-item-anywhere-you-want mechanic is intact? I don't know about you, but I absolutely hate that. I would place my items in a central, safe location usually (like the main floor of the training facility). Then, when it's time to move on to a different local, you have to take at least a half-dozen trips between said areas to transport all your items to your new "hub" location so you don't leave anything behind. Imagine playing RE2, and you only had one item box to store stuff in, in only one location. Oh, you could litter things throughout the area, but that makes collecting them to relocate even harder. I was only able to force myself to play through Zero once, because the constant running back-and-forth to keep all my stuff within reach, and accessible, made the whole experience just too tedious and boring. If they gave me back my connected item boxes, I would enjoy this almost as much Remake, I'm certain.

Sry guys, ever since I heard about the HD remaster I've just been feeling the need to get that off my chest. Am I just playing the game wrong, or does anyone else feel this way?
                      It matters not to me which virus you wield. Yours is merely a pathetic attempt to master the powers of death. The power you seek is MINE, and with this insurmountable power, I offer a litany of oblivion even a virus cannot prevent..............and you cannot escape.

Comment

• The game has only been out for a little over a day and there's already a mod to change the font. Jesus.

RE has the most pickiest fan base I've ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by towerofpowerx View Post
                          Sry guys, ever since I heard about the HD remaster I've just been feeling the need to get that off my chest. Am I just playing the game wrong, or does anyone else feel this way?
                          Most people would probably be tempted to play the game like that, but yeah, you're basically playing it wrong. In other classic RE games, you could hoard every item and just store them in the item box for future use, but the fact is, that is also playing it wrong. Zero actually forces you to play how every classic RE is meant to be played : by only picking up items you NEED, and leave everything else on the floor.
                          The ingame map helps you to find where the items you checked but did not pick up are, so that you can easily track them down when you know what to do with it. It is actually less tedious to do a little backtracking from time to time than storing everything in the same place and move all the stuff once in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                            The game has only been out for a little over a day and there's already a mod to change the font. Jesus.

RE has the most pickiest fan base I've ever seen.
                            Some people actually prefer the original font over boring old Arial Narrow that was first used in REmake HD. Also, it's an easy fix, as evidenced by how fast it was released.

Honestly, you sound even whinier than the people you're complaining about.

Originally posted by towerofpowerx View Post

You only ever need to store all of your items in the training facility main hall and conference room. For the middle part of the game (lab and factory), just bring along standard equipment like the handgun, shotgun, molotovs and healing supplies. The last part of the game is really the only time where you need to backtrack to get your most powerful supplies, and they give you a quick shortcut to get to them via the elevator connected to the underground hall where the Ecliptic Express had crashed.
                            Last edited by biohazard_star; 01-20-2016, 10:35 AM.
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

• Yea basically! Once you get to the Dam you can ride the elevator straight up to the training facility which mostly solves the backtracking problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                                Honestly, you sound even whinier than the people you're complaining about.
                                Just pointing out how ridiculous some fans are for letting such a small detail get to them. And obviously you don't remember the first remaster thread because you seem not to know what true whining is.

Comment

Working...
                                X