No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I deleted my posts because of the un-necessary negativity. I shouldn't have made them. I apologize.

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    In that case, the only truly broken section of an RE game that I can think of is the RE3 power plant (taking the magnum/launcher without opening the other shutter and then frying the zombies will permanently ruin your game).
    Just out of curiosity, how does it permanently ruin your game? I don't remember that power plant puzzle too well, but based on what VirusPunk was saying, can you actually get trapped in that area permanently?
    Last edited by RetroRain; 06-24-2015, 11:16 PM.
    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
      When you folks say 'Outbreak', is it safe to assume that you are lumping File#1 and File#2 together?
      That'd be awesome, but highly unlikely. I have no idea how those games' code work but there're gameplay differences between File 1 and 2, such as some items working different, characters starting with different items, some movements changed, ad-libs are all different, etc. I don't know how could they blend both Outbreaks into a single game, unless it's a single game but you actually have to choose between File 1 and File 2 right at startup.

Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
      I deleted my posts because of the un-necessary negativity. I shouldn't have made them. I apologize.
      If that were your thoughts, there's nothing wrong with being negative, I did understand your point and agree on almost everything. Besides, I don't think we all have to suddenly start loving Capcom for all the love they put into these remasters
      The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
        I thought you could just go back in via the way you come out, but you're saying you can't switch the other shutter on after you fry the zombies? Never knew that.
        Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
        how does it permanently ruin your game? I don't remember that power plant puzzle too well, but based on what VirusPunk was saying, can you actually get trapped in that area permanently?
        You can indeed return to the area, but the entire system gets fried after you electrocute the zombies. In other words, the mechanism that allows you to open the shutter becomes permanently disabled.

I would be delighted if you guys tried it out because maybe you could actually find some secret special way to continue the game...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
          That'd be awesome, but highly unlikely. I have no idea how those games' code work but there're gameplay differences between File 1 and 2, such as some items working different, characters starting with different items, some movements changed, ad-libs are all different, etc. I don't know how could they blend both Outbreaks into a single game, unless it's a single game but you actually have to choose between File 1 and File 2 right at startup.
          I was actually just referring to the terminology used. When fans say 'please remaster Outbreak!', I assume that they are implying both File#1 and File#2, and not just the former. It would be brilliant if they could combine both into one game (ten scenarios), but I understand that the differences between them could cause difficulties.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
            You can indeed return to the area, but the entire system gets fried after you electrocute the zombies. In other words, the mechanism that allows you to open the shutter becomes permanently disabled.

I would be delighted if you guys tried it out because maybe you could actually find some secret special way to continue the game...
            So, let's say when you get there, you only open the shutter that has the magnum. And then you go in, and get the magnum. Does that trigger the zombie cutscene?

If it does, and you choose the electricity method, then you CAN NOT open the other shutter (if it wasn't opened already) to get the fuse?

So in other words, you literally are screwed, because that fuse is a necessary item to progress in the game. That's what you meant right?

If that is true, then the only thing they had to do to fix that issue was to not make obtaining the magnum trigger the cutscene, and ONLY make obtaining the fuse, trigger the cutscene. I'm surprised that this wasn't checked thoroughly.
            Last edited by RetroRain; 06-26-2015, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
              So, let's say when you get there, you only open the shutter that has the magnum. And then you go in, and get the magnum. Does that trigger the zombie cutscene?

If it does, and you choose the electricity method, then you CAN NOT open the other shutter (if it wasn't opened already) to get the fuse?

So in other words, you literally are screwed, because that fuse is a necessary item to progress in the game. That's what you meant right?

If that is true, then the only thing they had to do to fix that issue was to not make obtaining the magnum trigger the cutscene, and ONLY make obtaining the fuse, trigger the cutscene. I'm surprised that this wasn't checked thoroughly.
              Precisely as you've described it, yes.

I am a bit surprised as well, since it wouldn't be unusual for an excited or desperate player to be so filled with joy at opening one of the shutters that s/he runs in and is then delighted again to find a Magnum/Launcher, which would be a no-brainer to snatch up right away.

Comment

• Well, with the talented modders we have today, someone could probably go in there and remove that Magnum/Launcher-Zombie Cutscene trigger flag, and create a patch I suppose.

EDIT - ADDED TO POST.

This reminds me of a technical bug I recently found in Megaman 1 for the NES. And it's possible it exists in the later NES MM games as well.

A forum about ROM hacking, video gaming, life, the universe, maths and everything else. Successor-of-sorts of Acmlm's Board.

When climbing a ladder, if you happen to have a solid wall just above the free space that is above the ladder, you can get stuck in the wall, because the programmers never took into account that 16x16 block space that Megaman would need free in coming out of ladder mode.
                Last edited by RetroRain; 06-26-2015, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDZBRhjy_ME cool video on Resident evil's youtube account just released comparing all 3 versions of the game we have seen.
                  im curious is all the prototype footage reused or did they actually play it? and capcom still holds the prototype.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure its B-roll footage. Most of it is cutscene stuff. Really interesting to see how rebecca changed personality wise between games. I think its cool she's finally getting an extra costume for 0 but i kind of wish they were doing her beta outfit and not just a t shirt.
                    Last edited by OfficerRedfield; 07-09-2015, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• they really really should do rebeccas white beret as an unlockable for beating hard mode or something i think she looks alot better with the white beret on.

Comment

• GUYS WATCH THIS! CLEAREST FOOTAGE OF THE RE ZERO BETA WE HAVE EVER GOTTEN!!!

Last edited by Deathlygasm; 07-09-2015, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• deathlygasm^^^^ do you think its reused footage or they played it was my question to this video earlier
                          Last edited by nicksena17; 07-09-2015, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• There is something visually and atmospherically more appealing about the prototype now that we have clear footage. I like the fact Rebecca wasn't aware of who Billy was at first as well. I hope Capcom gives us more footage of this early prototype, to be honest I'm more intrigued by that crystal clear footage than I am the HD remaster. One thing I was pondering, was that old saved archive footage that never saw the light of day until now, or is it brand new gameplay footage altogether? One thing that makes me believe in the latter, we never saw the title screen violence or blood selection before have we? Hope Capcom gives us more crystal clear footage of the TGS build.

Comment

• Damn that's pretty neat that Capcom released that footage. Would love to play it even more now.

Personally I think it's new footage, but could be wrong. All the other previews from TGS are different to the one in this one
                              Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• The lack of any BGM makes me think this could have been part of raw footage that was used to make promo trailers for the game back in the day. If you pause the video at 0:31, you can see a quick glimpse of the train car the game starts in, mid-fade-out, before it cuts to the door loading sequence. Would be nice if Capcom just released the whole footage, I'd love to see a complete playthrough of the TGS demo.
                                Seibu teh geimu?
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X