No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's true. 0 on the GC looked good however there was a huge difference in lighting in the cg movies vs in game graphics. Also we were in the beginning transition from analog to full digital. People then were still greatly using dial up. I don't even think HDMI was even out yet. 720p was beginning to be the new standard for TV however very expensive at the time. Point is graphics and hardware were advancing but not at the point where its cost effective. Give credit where its due. HDmake may have had its flaws but I enjoyed it none the less. HD0 may be better prepared with physical original assets. I can't wait to play it. I'll give Capcom my money if they are finally using there heads.

Comment

Here some comparative captures from GameCube ver. (RGB SCART upscaled to 1080p):

And thinking we were blown away with the GameCube graphics, and now see that this can be improved even more...
      Last edited by Guest; 06-12-2015, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
        When I saw that trailer, you dont understand how happy and angry I was. Those pre-rendered backgrounds is PROVE how well it could look!

It certainly puts all those who defended the RE:Make HD to great and miserable shame!
        What an absolute load of rubbish.
        Last edited by TheBatMan; 06-12-2015, 12:40 PM.
        "I've got 100 cows."
        "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
          When I saw the trailer... I liked it, but something was off - and it always seems to be with 'next-gen' game lighting effects.
          Look at this screen of Rebecca from the train cutscene - she looks like plastic and WTH is with her eyes!?
          Compare it to the (low res horrid) screen from the GC version here.. even the lighting is different - too bright for the scene it is set in.
          Looks as bad as Next Gen Tomb Raider Legend did - plastic Barbie models and OTT lighting effects giving the entire thing a 'fake' look.
          Hmm..
          Plus the HD image, as you can see, is cropped - so most of the scene is missing in Widescreen mode.

To change that to 16:9.... the cropping actually is reasonably good/an improvement in that image... the original framing is poor while the newer framing is closer to cinematic. It's not perfect, but it improves on both the head room and looking room of Rebecca in the image. Of course this maybe different for other cutscenes of course. The lighting engine has been overhauled but I agree that given the fact there is fire and other flame lit light sources the originally was probably too dark. The face/eye changes though, yeah fair enough complaint... but that's more detail for you.

Looking at the comparative images Michael posted above, these locations are all being either replaced with real time environments or being re-rendered and the framing is different on every one. They're either wider in scope or slightly tighter but not by much, but they are at least - cutscenes aside as shown above - corrected properly for 16:9 widescreen it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
            When I saw the trailer... I liked it, but something was off - and it always seems to be with 'next-gen' game lighting effects.
            Look at this screen of Rebecca from the train cutscene - she looks like plastic and WTH is with her eyes!?
            Compare it to the (low res horrid) screen from the GC version here.. even the lighting is different - too bright for the scene it is set in.
            Looks as bad as Next Gen Tomb Raider Legend did - plastic Barbie models and OTT lighting effects giving the entire thing a 'fake' look.
            Hmm..
            Plus the HD image, as you can see, is cropped - so most of the scene is missing in Widescreen mode.

That's the biggest drawback of HD graphics, everything looks too damn shinning-enlighted-plastic good that at some point it doesn't feel natural anymore. This is great for a Zelda game or a fantasy J-RPG, but games that are supossed to look realistic, dark and scary are often suffering the 'HD syndrome'
            The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

And here we go again with the nitpicking...

Honestly I don't know why the little bit of cropping bothers people. Is it so bad you're not gonna see the legs of the table and chairs or the bottom of the curtain? Really?

I also have no problem with Rebecca's appearance. If there is one thing these remasters do exceptionally well it's with the character and enemy models. Her face doesn't look like plastic and her eyes have always had that glossy effect in the original.
              Last edited by CODE_umb87; 06-12-2015, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
                When I saw that trailer, you dont understand how happy and angry I was. Those pre-rendered backgrounds is PROVE how well it could look!

It certainly puts all those who defended the RE:Make HD to great and miserable shame!
                Nah, REmake HD still looks leagues above the original, so... yeah. Quit being a snot, it's not well-tolerated here. (referring to the last sentence)

As for this... hoo boy it's lookin' pretty. I was going to play RE0 recently, but I think I can hold off for this. Looks great so far!
                Last edited by Canas Renvall; 06-12-2015, 03:09 PM.

Comment

It has nothing to do with HD, it depends on the modeler/texture artist and what style approach they were going for. Modern games can look highly realistic when done right. I always was under the impression that RE characters were never meant to look that realistic, if you examine the character's UV sheets you'll notice even from the beginning they were purposely made to look somewhat anime style. Yeah, they changed it up for RE5, RE6, and the Rev series to make them look more realistic and human like, but look how Claire ended up looking in Rev 2, a little too realistic and not in a good way...

Lets not be so quick to judge how the game looks either when it's still in development stages. They are sticking with the original animated styles of RE0, RE1, 2, etc character wise and it looks fantastic/nostalgic at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
                    It has nothing to do with HD, it depends on the modeler/texture artist and what style approach they were going for. Modern games can look highly realistic when done right. I always was under the impression that RE characters were never meant to look that realistic, if you examine the character's UV sheets you'll notice even from the beginning they were purposely made to look somewhat anime style. Yeah, they changed it up for RE5, RE6, and the Rev series to make them look more realistic and human like, but look how Claire ended up looking in Rev 2, a little too realistic and not in a good way...

Lets not be so quick to judge how the game looks either when it's still in development stages. They are sticking with the original animated styles of RE0, RE1, 2, etc character wise and it looks fantastic/nostalgic at the same time.
                    I always thought Rebecca's Zero and Remake face looked a little anime-ish. Her eyes are just a little too much on the big side so I never really got a super-realism impression from her to begin with. Oh and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that about REV2 Claire.
                    Last edited by CODE_umb87; 06-12-2015, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                      ^^^ I coudln't even finish Outbreak 2 even once....
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Wat8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	404718

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                        Actually me and the other 95% of people still stand by our opinion.
                        Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                        What an absolute load of rubbish.
                        Someone's in denial

Comment

• Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
                          Someone's in denial

Comment

• Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
                            Someone's in denial
                            Someone clearly needs help. And an eye test.
                            "I've got 100 cows."
                            "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• Alright, this is a thread about RE0 HD. I'm getting sick and tired about the back-and-forth about REmake HD. Everyone on both sides stay on topic or infractions for off-topic posting will start getting handed out. There's a thread for the REmaster. Use it.

And also, keep it civil please.

Comment

• I wonder if they're altering Rebecca's face slightly for a royalty thing, could be a retouching to avoid paying Ayumi Hamasaki. There doesnt seem to be any major changes but it almost seems like they made Rebecca's face more dolled up like shes wearing more make up or Something. It's just off in a way i cant quite put my finger on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X