No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My problem is that its one of my favorite tracks in the whole series that got ruined (the first floor mansion when the Hunters come in)

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
      Capcom could have easily just stretched the backgrounds and added some crappy softening filter over the whole thing but they didn't. I give them massive props for spending individual time with each background making sure they looked as clean and crisp as possible. You can only complain so much that it just turns into nitpicking.
      That is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. Besides for the recreated rooms that are rendered in real-time 3D, they did a piss poor job and trying to disguise it as if they actually did 'the best they could' good job. And infact you've answered your own question in a way, they DID add a softening filter, it was a de-noising filter, we've been through this already with many examples and you've continued to ignore these statistics. There is no point in trying to defend it because the evidence is there, loud and clear (unlike the filtered background ).

Comment

The sped up music made me cringe. There are a few other minor flaws that would need to get patched (no footstep sound when turning while aiming, empty clip disappearing in the dark void when falling on the floor, etc) but at the end of the day, what you gain overshadows what you lose. That's why I think calling this port "utter shit" is a little bit extreme.
        However, that does not justify Capcom's total silence on the subject. They never adressed those issues and probably never will, now.

Comment

Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
          That is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. Besides for the recreated rooms that are rendered in real-time 3D, they did a piss poor job and trying to disguise it as if they actually did 'the best they could' good job. And infact you've answered your own question in a way, they DID add a softening filter, it was a de-noising filter, we've been through this already with many examples and you've continued to ignore these statistics. There is no point in trying to defend it because the evidence is there, loud and clear (unlike the filtered background ).
          Where's the "evidence" discussion that they ONLY used a filter? The only thing I remember was you repeatedly complaining about everything regarding the remaster. I highly doubt they spent 6-7 months of development just to use one shitty filter. I never once questioned the development process and to me and the majority of other people the backgrounds look great. In the end it boils down to you having unreasonable expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
            The only thing modders did was fix those sped up tracks and remove the door animations which was unnecessary.
            *And improve performance: http://residentevilmodding.boards.ne...x-gain-20-more

This is for the PC version, the game had severe lag/stuttering/fps drops issues, and players had to find a way to fix it by themselves, using an external dll file. That's bad optimization, and you know it has nothing to do with specs since the moment you can run RE5 and RE6 at max resolution but you can't run a HD port of a 2002 game, until you patch the game by yourself.

There's definitely an impact on user scores, I looked at the Steam store page often and RE HD remaster had a 79% of positive reviews (most negative reviews came from people having issues running the game) in its early weeks, now it has currently 89%.
            Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 05-29-2015, 09:23 AM.
            The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

I personally LOVE the STEAM version due to all the patches, however since my computer fried I can't currently play it so i'll stick to my GC version till my PC gets fixed.

Comment

Do you ever tire of trying to spoil the fun for others?

Comment

Playing a lazy, piss-poor remaster of a game that lends itself to be close to inferior to the original product is NOT fun!

Comment

I myself never noticed the alleged "sped up" music, and don't see why that would really prevent people from enjoying the game honestly. I think Capcom did an excellent job with the remaster. Makes up for 10 years of releasing just mediocre sequels and spin off games.

Comment

Playing a lazy, piss-poor remaster of a game that lends itself to be close to inferior to the original product is NOT fun!
                      All I noticed were improved visuals, improved framerate and with the mod, the same music as the original. So define "piss-poor"?

Comment

I myself found the PC version to be amazing myself! Too bad most people can't play it tho :/. Gotta say tho excluding the PC version the GC version runs far smoother than the HD REmaster which makes me laugh tbh.

Comment

So, returning to the actual topic of this thread, do you fellas think that RE0 will suffer from fewer of the problems that plagued the first remaster? Perhaps they've saved better assets this time...

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                            So, returning to the actual topic of this thread, do you fellas think that RE0 will suffer from fewer of the problems that plagued the first remaster? Perhaps they've saved better assets this time...
                            So far it's looking promising that they do have better archives of the assets from the game. This has been doing the rounds showing the one official released screen against the game running in Dolphin at the same res. Even if the one in the HD version is a real time replacement, the textures all seem to match the originals fairly closely.

Comment

Looks far better than what they had with REmaster. My only complain is Rebecca's face, there's something horribly wrong with her eyes.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                              , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                                I myself found the PC version to be amazing myself! Too bad most people can't play it tho :/. Gotta say tho excluding the PC version the GC version runs far smoother than the HD REmaster which makes me laugh tbh.
                                I keep hearing that often that people can't play the PC version? How come? Is it PC specs? It runs at a full 60 FPS for me even with the settings turned all the way up. Usually when people can't run a game it means their PC isn't up to par by today's standards. Even though it's a 2001 game, you're dealing with remastered higher polygons and higher resolution textures and even some real-time 3D environments, so people shouldn't expect to run it on a Pentium 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X