This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
    I've never understood the keeping of figures and such in packages, my stuff goes on display and if I ever put it back int he boxes it is to dump it in storage. Examples like the NECA Tyrant especially, who wants to display a Tyrant with the legs cut off?
    I've actually had way more people tell me to never open them up haha. But, I do understand both sides and it really depends on the person and/or the type of figure. Some do look better sealed away, while some don't. Take Hot Toys for example, those always look great on display. All my Batman and Resident Evil figures are kept protected in my Detolf Display case for that reason.

I don't blame anyone for keeping their figures sealed. They never lose their shine and the person doesn't have to worry about their figure falling over, breaking, or losing their articulation movements. -Everything does wear out after a while.

I do agree that the NECA Tyrant is awesome, one reason I've bought it more than once. I've shown the sealed ones here. Several friends of mine have opened all their figures, including their Resident Evil ones, so it's not like I'm left to wonder what they're like out of the package. And then some of them now regret it for the reasons I listed above.

I have no plans on ever selling any of my figures and I've had some ask me, "then why don't you open them up?" For me, it's not because they're rare or go for high prices online now... I really don't have a whole lot of space to display everything. Who knows, maybe someday, but for now... I like them where they're at.
    Last edited by Lycanthrope620; 06-26-2011, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lycanthrope620 View Post
      I've actually had way more people tell me to never open them up haha. But, I do understand both sides and it really depends on the person and/or the type of figure. Some do look better sealed away, while some don't. Take Hot Toys for example, those always look great on display. All my Batman and Resident Evil figures are kept protected in my Detolf Display case for that reason.

I don't blame anyone for keeping their figures sealed. They never lose their shine and the person doesn't have to worry about their figure falling over, breaking, or losing their articulation movements. -Everything does wear out after a while.

I do agree that the NECA Tyrant is awesome, one reason I've bought it more than once. I've shown the sealed ones here. Several friends of mine have opened all their figures, including their Resident Evil ones, so it's not like I'm left to wonder what they're like out of the package. And then some of them now regret it for the reasons I listed above.

I have no plans on ever selling any of my figures and I've had some ask me, "then why don't you open them up?" For me, it's not because they're rare or go for high prices online now... I really don't have a whole lot of space to display everything. Who knows, maybe someday, but for now... I like them where they're at.
      Cheers for posting links to your youtube videos they were really great, the reviews of the Hot Toys jill figures have peaked my interest in the series and im thinking of buying one if its cheap enough, some of the prices for those figures are insane.

On another note my Palisades Nemesis arrived today (no box) and I couldnt be happier with the figure even if I didnt get the one with the attachable tentacle. was a bit worried when trying to force the launcher into his hand as its a tight fit but atleast it means the launcher wont simply fall out of his hand at the slightest movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Am_Nemesis View Post
        Cheers for posting links to your youtube videos they were really great, the reviews of the Hot Toys jill figures have peaked my interest in the series and im thinking of buying one if its cheap enough, some of the prices for those figures are insane.

On another note my Palisades Nemesis arrived today (no box) and I couldnt be happier with the figure even if I didnt get the one with the attachable tentacle. was a bit worried when trying to force the launcher into his hand as its a tight fit but atleast it means the launcher wont simply fall out of his hand at the slightest movement.
        Thanks for the compliments. Yeah those prices are insane. Both of my Jill figures were presents from my girlfriend, one was Christmas and the other was for my birthday last week. It's funny how she was the one who kept encouraging me to collect all the NECA figures, even when some of them got a bit pricey haha. I do plan on collecting more things, so when I get enough, I'll be sure to update it here.

That's pretty cool about the Nemesis figure you got. I do kind of wish that I could collect all the other lines from Resident Evil, but you know how hard they are find now without paying a lot. You should post some pictures of it, it never gets tiring looking at collections, each person's has their own story to it.

Comment

• Awesome!! My RE:Mercernaries 3DS just arrived!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lycanthrope620 View Post
            Thanks for the compliments. Yeah those prices are insane. Both of my Jill figures were presents from my girlfriend, one was Christmas and the other was for my birthday last week. It's funny how she was the one who kept encouraging me to collect all the NECA figures, even when some of them got a bit pricey haha. I do plan on collecting more things, so when I get enough, I'll be sure to update it here.

That's pretty cool about the Nemesis figure you got. I do kind of wish that I could collect all the other lines from Resident Evil, but you know how hard they are find now without paying a lot. You should post some pictures of it, it never gets tiring looking at collections, each person's has their own story to it.
            You are one lucky man to have a girlfriend who actually encourages it, all my past girlfriends didnt exactly show any enthusiasm lol.
            And I agree the other lines of Re figures are pretty hard to find with out being over priced and most of them arent as good quality figures as the neca line.
            Also your post made me realise ive never actually posted up any pics of my collection so I thought its about time I show every one what I call my RE treasure chest (sad I know).
            Attached Files
            Last edited by I_Am_Nemesis; 06-27-2011, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Not bad, ll post mine soon.

But its not that great.

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                I've never understood the keeping of figures and such in packages, my stuff goes on display and if I ever put it back int he boxes it is to dump it in storage. Examples like the NECA Tyrant especially, who wants to display a Tyrant with the legs cut off?
                Yeah, believe it or not, having the original package makes the figure extremely valuable. I remember back in the day when I was collecting the little 4" Star Wars figures that some of the ones with paint variants would be around $300...BUT outside of the box (or loose) they would at most fetch $50.

Oh, I am pissed now that I didn't get that Battlesuit Jill; I seriously do not recall at all her having the Bird Lady outfit when I was reading descriptions and whatnot a few months back. And what really sucks about those Hot Toys is that if you don't get them when they first are released, you pretty much pay a forture for them. I would have loved to have had Midnight Wesker, but I waited around and missed out. I am not paying close to $500 for an action figure.

I still am hoping we may see an Excella or Irving Hot Toys. I heard a while back that they are making Ada, but I think she is still in the "planning" phase of production.

Has anyone ever seen one of these? I'm curious as to how much they went for and how much they go for now because I NEVER see them on eBay or anything. I would kill six baby unicorns to own one of these.

YouTube video:
                sigpic

Comment

• Are people really buying these for reselling though? I gather most people have them for personal collections. If buying to resell they should be boxed because the colour of packaging and figure will fade being put on display.

You can still buy the Battlesuit Jill Hot Toys doll for the release price, BSAA Jill has now rocketed though. I never much liked the Hot Toys line myself, too dollish for my tastes especially at those prices.

edit: That youtube video in the spoiler tag isn't displaying for me.
                  Last edited by Dracarys; 06-27-2011, 11:18 PM.
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• http://viperhazard.livejournal.com/6515.htmlI never thought I'd ever own this. Only a couple hundred, if that, produced in 2000. The holy grail of my BioHaza...

Yeah, I notice whenever I try posting Youtube videos they never seem to actually post. I must be doing something wrong.

And yes, a lot of people buy a case of these figures (which I think is around 10 units), and then resell them on eBay and similar sites. They must get some sort of bulk buying deal on them is all I can think because $150, and selling it for a few more dollars just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I see the Weskers (Midnight and S.T.A.R.S.) have reached past the $500 mark on most sites. I couldn't even find a Midnight Wesker last night that didn't go below $900. $900 for a piece of plastic?! No, ma'am! The Chris's are still in the middle range; I think I found BSAA Chris for rougly $400 and the S.T.A.R.S. one seems to be fetching a little over $500.

I bought three of these simply because I like Resident Evil. I have no desire to ever resell. Plus, I've already broken a few of the accessories because I wasn't being careful.

And KylieDog, they aren't dolls if boys are playing with them! They're ACTION FIGURES!
                    sigpic

Comment

• If I could ever get my hands on that damn music box, now I would consider my collection complete! mainly because I would probably be too broke to afford any more re colelctibles but still, it would be a great piece to have although ive never actually seen one for sale. Also isnt there meant to be an official RE typewritter out there somewhere?

Comment

• Wow I had no idea Wesker went for so much! I should sell my duplicate of S.T.A.R.S Wesker that is brand new!

Also I got my copy of Gaiden and Mercs 3DS.
                        Last edited by Zombie_X; 06-28-2011, 10:01 PM.
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                          Wow I had no idea Wesker went for so much! I should sell my duplicate of S.T.A.R.S Wesker that is brand new!

Also I got my copy of Gaiden and Mercs 3DS.
                          Yeah, if you already have a S.T.A.R.S. Wesker, I would consider selling it.

Just if you were curious...

S.T.A.R.S. Wesker via Amazon Merchant

...Though, I have to say you'd be rather lucky to find someone who would actually pay that. I don't think you can really get too much more than $300 for most of these. Most people (emphasis on "most") have too much common sense to pay extreme amounts for a piece of plastic.

I did find Battlesuit Jill for roughly $150 through an Amazon Merchant; I think I will be ordering her in the near future.

EDIT:
                          Yay, ordered! I really wish they did a S.T.A.R.S. Jill, but alas these Hot Toys seem to only be following characters used in Mercenaries. Maybe we'll get lucky and see Barry or Rebecca...
                          Last edited by Xander Ashford; 06-28-2011, 11:47 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Alice is next. No joke.
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• havn't they already done Alice? swear ive seen her on ebay.

Also bought a new copy of RE4 on ps2 as mine went missing a while ago, got the metal tin version with the mini guide.
                              Last edited by I_Am_Nemesis; 07-01-2011, 05:10 AM.

Comment

• got my mercenaries 3d case. 0200/1000. even numbers are awesome.
                                Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X