Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For being in my top 3 video game series ever, my collection is lackluster and contains nothing special:

RE1-6 (RE2 and 4 on two consoles), Outbreak, the Chronicles games, Revelations, ORC, and um...yeah that's pretty much it i think.

Now that I think about it, I only own one truly rare thing and its a particular vinyl record.
    sigpic
    "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	402268games
      Originally posted by Graco View Post
      For being in my top 3 video game series ever, my collection is lackluster and contains nothing special:

RE1-6 (RE2 and 4 on two consoles), Outbreak, the Chronicles games, Revelations, ORC, and um...yeah that's pretty much it i think.

Now that I think about it, I only own one truly rare thing and its a particular vinyl record.
      Everybody starts somewhere,though. Maybe try investing in some figures you like; I recommend Moby Dick: expensive, but NICE! To me Palisades had best RE/BH statues, Moby Dick had figures. I'm not into Neca; only want Jill from those. Also, you could get some of the foreign game versions; Code Veronica is cheap for the JP DC version. $20-30 maybe? Just try to save for something your really want. Collections are NOT an over-night thing. Take it slow. Anyways, pre-ordered the Hot Toys Ada Wong. Can't wait till April-June. I like her more than the Jill's! Can any HT owners tell me a bit more about the quality of these things? She's going to be my first one, so I'm curious.
      Last edited by A_Jill_Sandwich; 01-12-2013, 01:35 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• For the price I think the HT dolls are a disgrace. They no better than an action man doll in terms of quality and those are 1/6 - 1/8 the price.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
          For the price I think the HT dolls are a disgrace. They no better than an action man doll in terms of quality and those are 1/6 - 1/8 the price.
          I beg to differ, you're seriously comparing these? You obviously don't know what you're talking about:

Last edited by Brandoloneous; 01-13-2013, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by A_Jill_Sandwich View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7915[/ATTACH]games
            Everybody starts somewhere,though. Maybe try investing in some figures you like; I recommend Moby Dick: expensive, but NICE! To me Palisades had best RE/BH statues, Moby Dick had figures. I'm not into Neca; only want Jill from those. Also, you could get some of the foreign game versions; Code Veronica is cheap for the JP DC version. $20-30 maybe? Just try to save for something your really want. Collections are NOT an over-night thing. Take it slow. Anyways, pre-ordered the Hot Toys Ada Wong. Can't wait till April-June. I like her more than the Jill's! Can any HT owners tell me a bit more about the quality of these things? She's going to be my first one, so I'm curious.
            Hot Toys's quality has certainly gotten better in the last few years, so much so that they're releasing newer, better versions of their previous attempts. I own all the HT Resident Evil figures, as well as personal customizations of every classic character...

Last edited by Brandoloneous; 01-13-2013, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandoloneous View Post
              I beg to differ, you're seriously comparing these? You obviously don't know what you're talking about:
              I like how you both pick some of the crap action man toys and completely disregard the RE Hot Toys which aren't anywhere near the quality of the Batman ones.

edit: Upon googling I see recent action man figures have taken a deformed inhuman direction on body design, but older ones were pretty much identical to HT RE figures in body model and clothing quality, only suffering less facial detail, which certainly isn't worth 6-8 times the price.
              Last edited by Dracarys; 01-13-2013, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Every Action Man I've ever seen looks exactly like what I've posted, minus the original vintage models. I posted in-hand RE5 pics afterwards but in regards to TDK, logically, of course I'm gonna compare with the best HT has to offer. Hot Toys can be hit or miss with different sculptors doing different projects. Sculpts made based on real, existing people will always win over non-existent ones. RE5 and especially RE4 Hot Toys are also outdated, however, IMO Chris and Wesker were well done. A lot can happen in a few years as evidenced. Hot Toys has also been getting a bit greedy as of late, I definitely don't think Ada is worth $200.
                Last edited by Brandoloneous; 01-13-2013, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Those custom ones are really nifty; RE1 Jill and HUNK in particular. Very nice. I do think $200 IS a bit pricy on her but I went ahead anyways. Could've been far worse of a possible money sink to some IMO- like how I am disgusted by some Palisades stuff- Wesker and Hunter and the Nemmy's, per say. Ridiculously expensive. $200 for one figure? Not sure if even some Moby Dick ones climb that high- aside from Rebecca and possibly Leon. All in all, people have choices on stuff and preferences.
                  sigpic

Comment

• I remember when I bought STARS Wesker new for $135 and I thought it was expensive.. Now look at the prices on them..
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• If they sold them here to a $135 equivalent I'd probably buy them all, but they were more like $250.

Comment

• Sorry to double post but I want this post highlighted as new.

To anyone who bought the PLay Arts Kai Lupo figure...was there any damage to the inner plastic mould that the figure sits in? A friend bought one a couple months ago from a store and the back was smashed to hell, all the figures in the store had the same thing. We presumed they weren't handled well, the figure itself has no damage.

I ordered one from a completely different retailer and it has arrived with the same problem, the upper area where her back/head would rest are smashed. The plastic seems so thin from shaping and so little gap for her to fit in I am presuming a widespread issue with even small force able to break it.

Also, on both my friends and my own figures the pistol holding hand for the left when you try to attach it doesn't want to hold in, I've needed use a bit of blu-tac to make it grip. Another widespread issue?

Both my friends and I have Resident Evil branding of the figure, not Biohazard.

Anyone else can comment on the figure?

Comment

• Resident Evil 6 Presse Kit:

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandoloneous View Post
                            Hot Toys's quality has certainly gotten better in the last few years, so much so that they're releasing newer, better versions of their previous attempts. I own all the HT Resident Evil figures, as well as personal customizations of every classic character...
                            Woah dude, those are awesome!
                            Last edited by veronesis; 01-31-2013, 01:04 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0964.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	402414 Old from my birthday in August, and well, not part of my collection (Ada was quite delicious...) but this is some NICE cake art done by a lady at a market here at the bakery part. Lovely....my mom told her 'one of the RE girls' and this is what was made. Still love it, best cake EVER. ;o;
                              sigpic

Comment

• Jeez you're young. Is how old I was when RE1 released and I first played it.

Comment

Working...
                                X