Wooden Emblem Text?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooden Emblem Text?

Alright, at first it started out as a small discovery of the "Omega" symbol on the top left corner of the emblem. I made the comment that, "Hey look, I'm in the game!"

But if you take a closer look, there are other Greek letters on the display on the emblem, so after transcribing them. I tried my shot at learning the fundamentals of the Greek language.

The greek text :

After using various online translation tools, all I really got was gibberish. So with that I fell back on a hunch and opened up Microsoft Word and Changed my font to "Symbol" and made a key for myself for each letter of the alphabet, both capital and lower case.

Using that, I was able to decipher what the Emblem essentially said :
    [SIZE=6]"While there is life, there is hope."
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6][SIZE=2]

Now, the question is: What does that saying have to do with the emblem?
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    Attached Files

Nice find!

That's sort of the whole survival attitude isn't it? While there is life there is hope? Life meaning that you're alive.

Or you could read that there is no life, in that all the zombies are 'dead', so there is no hope.
    sigpic

Comment

Call me stupid, but I had no idea the Greek alphabet shared the same letters as the English one haha.

Comment

You're not stupid Dot. I doubt many people knew it. And I agree with Gene...if you are still alive, then you at least have a chance to fight for whatever reason you are fighting for. In terrible situations many people chose to give up and take the easy way out rather than do things the hard way and fight. Even if you die fighting, you at least gave life a shot.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Is the text the same on the gold emblem?

Comment

Nice find there! :O. Just as Rosetta said, it could be a message to encourage you to fight and never give up... or it could mean you're a hopeless bastard in an abandoned mansion fill with dead people n_n"...

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
              Call me stupid, but I had no idea the Greek alphabet shared the same letters as the English one haha.
              They kind of do =P. It made it easier when I was growing up as I had to learn the language as part of the family outings etc >_>

Hmm. My first thoughts go into the Trevor's. While they lived they felt as though they would get out.

Pretty lame to start off with, but the best I could come with.

I'm actually surprised with such attention to detail if that translation is indeed correct. And why Greek? I'm sure there's more Latin thrown about the RE series compared to other languages =P
              Last edited by James; 06-06-2008, 01:01 AM.

Comment

There's also a tombstone in the graveyard that has "capcom" in Greek.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                  There's also a tombstone in the graveyard that has "capcom" in Greek.
                  lol promotions. Got a screencap of it?
                  sigpic
                  Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I would like to see that lol! Nice find, i would have never known or even thought of that.

Comment

We should do a feature on these things ;) Maybe lump them in to the background oddities one.
                      Last edited by Dot50Cal; 06-06-2008, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Well it would be great. I'am sure that Capcom put a lot of different easter eggs in their games. Damn I like japanese games they always have a great amount of hidden content, they are the best
                        "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I really can't make out the rest. Not because it's not legible, but because it's gibberish.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I think developers haven't even know what is writen there themselfs
                            Last edited by Nomad9026; 06-06-2008, 03:25 AM.
                            "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                              We should do a feature on these things ;) Maybe lump them in to the background oddities one.
                              Nice idea Dot!

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                              I really can't make out the rest. Not because it's not legible, but because it's gibberish.
                              Lol That's nice...I'm going to replay all the games now just to see what I can pick up.
                              sigpic
                              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Working...
                              X