No announcement yet.

The Central "Jill Valentine" Discussion Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone keeps wondering why there are 69 pages in this thread but yet they're still posting here.... weird thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
      Everyone keeps wondering why there are 69 pages in this thread but yet they're still posting here.... weird thing.
      No...no one really wonders. This page has about maybe two or three decent arguments/conversatations, the rest is just spam and bickering, or overzealous Jill worshipping.
      sigpic
      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Everyone keeps wondering why there are 69 pages in this thread but yet they're still posting here.... weird thing.
        There's nothing to wonder about. Fanboys and fangirls have exalted her above the series...and this thread is filled with those same boys and girls, plus all the people who disagree, plus all the spammers, plus lots of blind worship, and a few decent arguments here and there.

Comment

• There's nothing wrong with fanboys, I guess. Aren't we all in someway?
          We are not strangers to the fact that Jill is very popular in the videogames' world but speaking of which, and taking deep into her role in RE5, I'm unexpectedly happy that she won't appear in other game, because they raped her all they wanted and I believe I had enough of pathetic character development. There's no reason of having her in another adventure and also, they changed a lot her reasons of fighting... she wasn't supposed to be background character either... but you know... games get old and in the process, you get bored of it. RE is done for me, It's done the old story... I don't know if it is clear my point... they should've erased the old story and start a new one... with no interferation from the good 'ol characters we all know.
          It's like, for e.g, we've been all waiting for Spencer to show up and then you get a glimpse of how he died, that's all... that's the way Capcom fixs their plot holes in their games. We get nothing, and at the end of the day you realise that it was a fun game... and what are we gettin' of logical plots with dramatic endings. RE5 was a big dissapointing in terms of chronology and it didn't live up with but expectations at all. Chris should've died with Wesker, sacrificing his life for Sheva, in order to avoid Wesker's attemps of pulling down Sheva from the rope when they're climbing to the helicopter (having flashes of Jill's death). More dramatic just a little bit, that endin would've been epic. I don't know... The missing story is something I can't get over now...

Sorry... I really needed to vent my frustration by saying that.
          Last edited by Jill Lover; 04-12-2009, 11:21 PM.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with fanboys, I guess. Aren't we all in someway?
            We are not strangers to the fact that Jill is very popular in the videogames' world but speaking of which, and taking deep into her role in RE5, I'm unexpectedly happy that she won't appear in other game, because they raped her all they wanted and I believe I had enough of pathetic character development. There's no reason of having her in another adventure and also, they changed a lot her reasons of fighting... she wasn't supposed to be background character either... but you know... games get old and in the process, you get bored of it. RE is done for me, It's done the old story... I don't know if it is clear my point... they should've erased the old story and start a new one... with no interferation from the good 'ol characters we all know.
            It's like, for e.g, we've been all waiting for Spencer to show up and then you get a glimpse of how he died, that's all... that's the way Capcom fixs their plot holes in their games. We get nothing, and at the end of the day you realise that it was a fun game... and what are we gettin' of logical plots with dramatic endings. RE5 was a big dissapointing in terms of chronology and it didn't live up with but expectations at all. Chris should've died with Wesker, sacrificing his life for Sheva, in order to avoid Wesker's attemps of pulling down Sheva from the rope when they're climbing to the helicopter (having flashes of Jill's death). More dramatic just a little bit, that endin would've been epic. I don't know... The missing story is something I can't get over now...

very well said jill lover (tear rolles down cheak)

Comment

• I didn't have a huge problem with Jill in RE5...I just feel they could have done more. As BMW she didn't really accomplish anything...aside from assisting Irving and beyond that she didn't get a redeeming factor once she was brought back around. I guess by not having her do anything, they preserve Jills state of mind of "omg what have I done".

Comment

• this topics direction lately is making me mad, it's about Jill not me, and it's not about spamming either.

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                Hilarious. As in "fucking stupid."

So, when Chris tells Jill to "run for that mansion," I guess she is acknowledging his authority and submissively doing as he says?

CHRIS: "Jill, run for that mansion!"
                JILL: "Yes sir, I'll do as you say sir!"

Like you, I can take random bits of dialogue and situations and spin them any way I want to as well.

Jesus Christ. As CR29 said, you've reached an all time low.
                so by making a theory about Jill, in which Chris is seen as slightly less macho than normal, i have reached an all time low. great.

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
                Or maybe they are equals who respect each other.
                they probably are.

i was just saying that sometimes it seems Chris lets Jill order him around as well, maybe proving that they are in fact equals, since RE5 came out, some Chris fans seem to think the world revolves around Chris, and that Jill is nothing but an unimportant side character. i felt the need to change that.

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                There's nothing to wonder about. Fanboys and fangirls have exalted her above the series...and this thread is filled with those same boys and girls, plus all the people who disagree, plus all the spammers, plus lots of blind worship, and a few decent arguments here and there.
                take a good look in the mirror.

this topic is about Jill you know, talk about her, or your spamming and going off topic.

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
                There's nothing wrong with fanboys, I guess. Aren't we all in someway?

i totalyl agree, well said Jill Lover.

Comment

• Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                  this topics direction lately is making me mad, it's about Jill not me, and it's not about spamming either.

so by making a theory about Jill, in which Chris is seen as slightly less macho than normal, i have reached an all time low. great.

they probably are.

i was just saying that sometimes it seems Chris lets Jill order him around as well, maybe proving that they are in fact equals, since RE5 came out, some Chris fans seem to think the world revolves around Chris, and that Jill is nothing but an unimportant side character. i felt the need to change that.
                  You hold Jill up on a higer alter than the series, whining over ever little thing YOU disagree with. "Jill's dead? WAAAA" "Jill's blonde? BAAAAWWW" "Jill's a support character? NOOOOO!". Your theories have been both moronic and groundless (Jill cant die because of her clothes, etc). Jill looks up to Chris, and he looks up to her. It's mutal respect. In all media, she is following his orders. Even Jill's game is about her wanting to escape the city to, guess why, meet up with Chris. Her diary is about, guess who, Chris. In the Prelude to the Fall comic, (done by Capcom Japan), Jill again follows behind Chris. He even has to remind her about keeping her composure and how foolish she was to holster her weapon in a dangerous situation.

The ONLY time Jill "orders" Chris to do anything is when, in 5, she snaps him out of his emotional state so he can go after Wesker.

He doesn't say he's leaving the series if his favorite character dies. So no...he's not like you. Nor has he made a thread about Chris and posted practically 70 pages about him. Chris probably deserves his own thread...but you don't see people rushing to make one. Why? Oh...because the Jill thread was created so people would stop spamming other topics about Jill. That's why.
                  Last edited by Bertha; 04-14-2009, 12:03 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

this topic is about Jill you know, talk about her, or your spamming and going off topic.
                    Never said I didn't spam...pretty much anyone who's posted in this topic is guilty of spamming at least once, because let's face it, there REALLY isn't that much about Jill Valentine to talk about...not enough to fill up sixty-nine pages, anyway.

Buuuut since we are now on the subject of mirrors...let's roll with that. Do you own a mirror? Have you ever looked in one? If you have, you'd probably see what we all see...a pathetic fangirl/fanboy(no one knows for real, it's a big mystery, OMGZ) who does nothing but use their sick, twisted obsession to turn everything in the direction of the almighty Jill Valentine. Logic or reason? They don't exist. It is ONLY Jill Valentine.

We all have our favorite characters. We all like certain characters a lot. Hell, I like Chris Redfield, it's no secret...but I don't make everything into a Chris fiesta, Chris this and Chris that. Lots of us on here love certain characters...and we probably keep a lot of it to ourselves...but not you. Some would call that commendable, and maybe I would've agreed at the beginning...but this garbage has gone on long enough.

Your so-called 'theories' are nothing but baseless and idiotic Jill-obsessed bullshit, and you bring nothing to the table except agreeing with people who like Jill, and bitching about anything you can find not Jill-worthy, whether it be her hair color or or how the P30 device didn't mesh well with her skin tone. This is a 'discussion' topic. This isn't the "Jill Valentine Jizz-fest" topic. Go to another RE site if you wanna post your fangirl/fanboy bullshit, because honestly, and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way...it's gotten really old, and I'm sick of it.

I'm not into messageboard quarrels or personal attacks, but I feel like I had to defend myself here. I've ignored most of your debauchery for a long time and never would I have thought I'd speak my mind so fluently, but you had to have the audacity to call me out. Don't tell me to look in the mirror.

Comment

• Alright, folks, no more personal comment shit. Everyone calm down or the topic gets locked. And I, you know, give everyone infractions.

Comment

• I'm I the only non-worshipping Jill fan left out there in the world? I've avoided this topic pre-RE5 simply out of fear of any leaking of spoilers, but just reading the last couple pages, I've laughed my ass off. To even try to legitimately suggest that somehow Chris takes orders from Jill because he's *pussy-whipped* or something, is pretty silly. While I feel some have been pretty unfair in their analysis to Jill's importance, or her determination versues Chris's, its still Chris who leads the pack. Chris is THE protagonist of Resident Evil, bar none, just like Wesker was THE antagonist, until the lava bath and the rockets to the face sealed his fate. Even though I feel Code Veronica's depeiction of Wesker's hatred for Chris is pretty outdated(because let''s face it, Code Veronica hasn't aged well at all as far as story, script, and the plot execution Oh little fishy, come see my hook Nuff said.) It's more of Chris wanting to avenge the death's of the STARS members, and obviously the destruction of Raccoon City, while Wesker is more as to view Chris as a annoyance of sorts(his atittude toward both Chris and Jill in Prelude to the Fall and Umbrella Chronicles, as well as RE5, kinda proves that point). But back to the point.

There's no way in hell Jill overrides Chris, but that doesn't make her chop liver or a bland character like some want you to believe. Resident Evil doesn't exactly burst with great characterization ala Metal Gear Solid, but it excels at being more subtle about it, hinting at it. It prefers sticking more to the plot at hand than actually trying to grasp these characters and their meaning in the narrative itself. Anyways, the way I see it, Jill is vital to Chris's story, because it's obvious these too *care* for each other. Capcom just didnt' go out and say it, which is probably a good thing actually. She consist of the origianl "trio" of main charaters (Chris, Jill, Wesker), where they were either/or on the same playing field, but as the series has progressed, and with the revival of Wesker, can anyone honestly see Jill being the "main" rival to Wesker? No, and why is that--because she is a woman, more or less. Granted she can chew bubble gum and kick ass all day, but she's still a woman, and the role of a female protagonist is more often than not to be foil for the two male leads in the story, which is more or less the route RE5 took(which, I don't know about a few folks on here, but I really liked). That's not a bad thing at all or anything. That doesn't make her a pointless, throwaway side character, but important to Chris's plight, a reason he does what he does. Though, it does kinda make it seem like Jill's active protagonist days may be over, considering that Wesker's dead, Umbrella's gone, she been through god knows what, and is lucky to have survived it all. Chris is much easier to see going on to face new evils, but at this point, story-wise, Jill's important task boils downt o more or less being *there*(interrept that however you want) for Chris. Which really, comes to the whole point I"m making. Jill is strong-willed and a fighter, but Chris IS the one she trust and follows. It's common sense. It's the way nature works. It's the way between a man and a women.(Not to sound like some opressive guy here or anything, but I just mean, women will tend to follow there men on things).

But anyways, I too hate how alot of the so-called "Jill Illumados" really give Jill a bad and unfair reputation. And yes I'm a huge Jill fan. She's my favorite protagonist, but honestly, Wesker might get my vote for favorite character.(Villians are da best!). But I also gotta allota love for Chris as well, and really all the characters, even Leon, because despite all the shit he gets, LOL, they're all pretty great(with the exception of the Carlos's and Steve's of the RE world mind you)

Anyways, that's my two cents, even if it wasn't asked for. I sometimes just don't understand how some fans can be so single-minded for a series that has alot of great characters in it. . .
                        Last edited by valentinesdead?; 04-14-2009, 03:14 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• OMG, Jill make people fight everywhere! Damn...
                          Well, about her plote in the series, I always thought about Wesker-Chris-Jill being the three main characters, the main RE history is around these three. Of course you can say that Wesker is more conected to Chris, but you can't think Chris without Jill.

Comment

• Originally posted by padamibr View Post
                            OMG, Jill make people fight everywhere! Damn...
                            Well, about her plote in the series, I always thought about Wesker-Chris-Jill being the three main characters, the main RE history is around these three. Of course you can say that Wesker is more conected to Chris, but you can't think Chris without Jill.

i can.

Comment

this topics direction lately is making me mad, it's about Jill not me, and it's not about spamming either.

i was just saying that sometimes it seems Chris lets Jill order him around as well, maybe proving that they are in fact equals
                              Um...what? So you are "mad" that people think less of Jill than you do? And you categorize these people as "Chris fans" as if that is some sort of devious stigma.

People have chosen to denounce your "Jill is the dominant member of the Chris/Jill partnership whereas Chris bows down to her since he respects her" theory (as you call it now). [Speaking of which, why do you always cry foul that people are "attacking you" when they disagree with you?]

And now you're backpedaling saying that you were "just saying that it seems Chris lets Jill order him around as well, maybe proving that they are in fact equals." In fact, your earlier posts were adamant that Chris indeed saw Jill as the alpha member of the duo.

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                              since RE5 came out, some Chris fans seem to think the world revolves around Chris, and that Jill is nothing but an unimportant side character. i felt the need to change that.
                              Oh no! Shame on fans of Chris thinking that he is important and supporting it with facts straight from the games themselves! Yet you
                              "felt the need to change that." So, I guess it is a-okay for you - who believes the world revolves around Jill - to make shit up to pull the rug out from underneath those awful Chris fans who might think for a second that the world doesn't in fact revolve around Jill Valentine.

Wow. Thanks for bringing us to our senses.

Like it or not, Chris is the main protagonist of the series. It's right there on the media discs. RE1 --> RE5.

Jill is important, just not as important.
                              Last edited by Jill's Boob; 04-14-2009, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• Well, as I said, you can think about Chris being more important than Jill, but I think you have to see both with the same level of importance... I mean, they are close to each other is this aspect. However, I don't see any of any character in the series but Wesker being so important. It's like, Wesker+Chris+Jill and than come the rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X