X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
    Chris looks good in his RE 5 uniform.

Nikolai from RE3 had some decent clothes too:

See? It's like I said. The only decent outfits in RE are the military uniforms. And Jill's in RE3.

Comment

Her sweater was around her hips... it was a hot night, you know.

Comment

Speaking of temperature-related attire...why is Leon running around Spain in a thick jacket, while Ada is swinging through the skies in a skimpy whorish dress?

It speaks volumes about Leon's manliness to brave the elements. Either that or Ada is just too f***ing stupid to dress for warmth.

Comment

What's this madnes about Leon's Degeneration jacket being cooler than his RE4 one? The RE4 one was all fluffy and was stolen early, thus giving it an air of mystique.
          Degeneration's jacket just can't compare.

As for Ada's dress, it's not whorish. It's called stylish these days.
          Last edited by Becky's Butt; 12-08-2008, 12:24 PM.

Comment

In terms of just looking good: Luis Sera (I like the vest) and Leon (bomber's are pretty awesome, plus the pants and under-armour esque shirt are pretty cool).

In terms of usefulness: Nicholai, but he's cool to begin with so yeah.

Comment

That's ONE thing I'll give Degeneration. At least Leon had a better jacket in it. Mystique? How does it give it an air of mystique? So it was stolen. And the fur lining doesn't make it any cooler. Fur lining is overrated.

And Ada's dress was stylish? Yes, that's very appropriate in a dirty village with mind controlling parasites. She'll fit right in.

Comment

Leon's jacket is pretty lame. Why wasn't he sporting a wind- & rain-proof soft or hard shell jacket? Something with appropriate pocketing and environment protection? But, much like with Ada...the producers went for the idea of "cool" (to them) as opposed to logical.

Originally posted by Nikkolas View Post
                As for Ada's dress, it's not whorish. It's called stylish these days.
                See below.

Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post
                And Ada's dress was stylish? Yes, that's very appropriate in a dirty village with mind controlling parasites. She'll fit right in.
                Agreed.

Ada's dress may have been stylish for an asian-themed gala or a geisha parlor. First, the setting is Autumn in Spain. Second, she's going into a very rural setting in the deep woods. She's conducting operations in the area of a known terrorist organization, populated by violent residents who are controlled by parasitic organisms. She is going deep within their territory without provisions. Nowhere in her outfit does she have storage space for excess weaponry, meal rations, ammunition, med kit, etc. She's wearing a dress, and (hopefully) underwear. That's it. She doesn't even have a belt. So, basically she is equipped with whatever she can carry in her hands. One hand is holding the grappling gun, while the other is holding her firearm. (If I remember correctly, she has a small knife in a leg sheath...which she uses to stab Leon when he tries to choke her.)

She's got NOTHING. She is ill-equipped for the situation at hand, much less the elements. She's running around a dirty, decrepit environment, sometimes after nightfall (when temps drop faster than Leon's IQ), in a skimpy dress with high heels.

It's not stylish - it's stupid. Now, her attire in "Assignment Ada" makes terrific sense. And it looks cool. (Still, I think she is sporting some sort of heeled boots...can't recall 100%...she should have regular flat soled tactical boots.) "Assignment Ada" Ada is dressed appropriately for her mission and she has storage options to carry items.
                Last edited by Jill's Boob; 12-08-2008, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Ada does indeed have heeled boots in her AA outfit. Personally, I think it's capcom's fault. These people should be wearing practical uniforms (some like Luis and Claire in RE2are exucsed though) but Capcom just goes with anything it seems.

Comment

^True.

And perhaps people like me are nitpicking, but c'mon...these are supposed to be trained operatives working in dangerous environments with hostile opposition. And then you've got Jill (RE3) and Ada (RE4) running around in skimpy outfits?

I don't care if it was a summer evening when Jill serendipitously encountered Nemesis & a town full of the undead. You stop for a few minutes, break into a sporting goods store, and put on some goddamn practical outerwear. Do like Kyle Reese did in "Terminator" - find appropriate clothing for the circumstances.

Comment

On that note, I like playing RE4 with alternate constumes because it's much better. Ada has her AA outfit and Leon has a cop's uniform on (still not right but better than being semi-casual with the bomber and such).

Comment

Mystique? How does it give it an air of mystique? So it was stolen. And the fur lining doesn't make it any cooler. Fur lining is overrated.
                        It is said you only truly appreciate something when you no longer have it.
                        This rule applies to Leon's RE4 Jacket.
                        The mere fact you get to follow and kill the person who stole it in Separate Ways only makes the jacket more awesome.

Uh, fit in? The villagers attack any strangers. Their attire means nothing.

Leon's jacket is pretty lame. Why wasn't he sporting a wind- & rain-proof soft or hard shell jacket? Something with appropriate pocketing and environment protection? But, much like with Ada...the producers went for the idea of "cool" (to them) as opposed to logical.
                        Logic doesn't matter. It never has in the RE series.
                        Besides, it is cool not only to teh creators but a lot of people. And those lots of people matter.

It's not stylish - it's stupid.
                        Same thing really.Stupid clothes are stylish. Someone needs to play more RPGs or watch more anime.

Krauser doesn't look bad...but it's not very fashionable. It suits him though.
                        Last edited by Becky's Butt; 12-08-2008, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Logic doesn't matter. It never has in the RE series.
                          Besides, it is cool not only to teh creators but a lot of people. And those lots of people matter.
                          So, as the old parental saying goes, if a group of people jump off of a cliff...

Same thing really.Stupid clothes are stylish. Someone needs to play more RPGs or watch more anime.
                          RPGs and anime? No thanks. As for my argument, Mr. Fashionista, I was saying it is stupid for Ada to wear an impractical dress in a threatening environment. I was implying that her logic is stupid, not the dress. The dress is fine, if she's at a wine & dine fundraiser for homeless puppies. But in a hostile location with hundreds of raving lunatics...a slutty dress is hardly appropriate.

Quick! Sheva is a buxom female in a boiling hot climate near the Equator! Time to dress her up in a two piece bikini!!! Get Chris a Speedo, stat! Sniper Rifle + Speedo = fashionable fireworks! Death Dressed Down, if you will.

Krauser doesn't look bad...but it's not very fashionable. It suits him though.
                          Krauser is at least dressed for combat. He's got a torso harness & a belt for carrying/storing items. He's wearing kneepads & combat boots for environmental hazards.

Ada is wearing a dress, for Christs sake. She's running on different types of terrain in high heels!?! She is exposing her bare skin to the harsh elements!?! She has nowhere on her person to store anything!?! Her body is completely exposed to hazards such as shrapnel, fingernails, teeth, rocks...any object really. She is TOTALLY ill-equipped for combat. But as long as she looks cool, then she's invincible, right?

*I know this topic is about "fashion," but at least be fashionable with a tactical edge. Hence, my votes for Krauser, Chris (RECV&RE5), Assignment Ada, and HUNK. They all have suitable equipment and look good at the same time.
                          Last edited by Jill's Boob; 12-08-2008, 05:19 PM.

Comment

It is said you only truly appreciate something when you no longer have it.
                            This rule applies to Leon's RE4 Jacket.
                            The mere fact you get to follow and kill the person who stole it in Separate Ways only makes the jacket more awesome.
                            It's a terribly overrated jacket. There's nothing amazingly awesome about it.

Uh, fit in? The villagers attack any strangers. Their attire means nothing.
                            That's my point exactly. Ada's dress would be more suitable for like a mission where she had to sneak onto a cruise ship to get close to some mob lord.
                            In the Village, it would've made a lot more sense if she was wearing tactical gear.

See, that's the problem with RE today. When RE first came about, it tried to imitate hollywood movies, and visually, it tried to be like real life. Fashion, voices, etc.
                            Now, all the characters dress and talk like Anime characters, and in the context of RE, it sucks. What's next? There's gonna be a character with blue hair?

Comment

Someone needs to play more RPGs or watch more anime.
                              I really want to kill you now.
                              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post
                                It's a terribly overrated jacket. There's nothing amazingly awesome about it.
                                I actually have a jacket that looks like Leon's, it's Lewis. I bought it before the release of the game.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X