Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Resident Evil 5 Spoilers Topic (READ FIRST POST)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there not some sort of Umbrella file? I only ask coz i have finished the game and unlocked all 12 files, yet i have a screenshot in a magazine with the opening page of an Umbrella file with the logo on.
    "I've got 100 cows."
    "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• there's an Umbrella file? Hmm, I have no idea. No one have really collected all the BSAA emblems yet, let alone getting all the bonuses, so there are still secrets which we haven't learnt yet. I'm currently farming gold to get an infinite ammo shotgun now though (I have an infinite ammo handgun & magnum now)

Comment

• I'm surprised there hasn't been anything from the strategy guide yet.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• About the files in RE5 is there any mention of what happened to these characters post RE3:

Spoiler:

Just a simple yes or no next to each of these characters is all I need. Ta.

Comment

• @Henry, nope, the case files only cover significant characters in RE5 itself. Timelines mention what happened with dates, but there's no word on what those people are doing since then

I'm currently farming gold to get an infinite ammo shotgun now though (I have an infinite ammo handgun & magnum now)
            good choice, i did that with the M3, there's nothing like the sight of both Sheva and Chris holding infinite ammo, fully powered up M3 shotguns blowing shit up everywhere .

and DAMN the case files are SO AWESOME, they completely explain and detail everything any RE fan might want to know ranging from massive character biographies to an entire freaking timeline of the RE universe

amazing work capcom.
            Last edited by A-J; 03-07-2009, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• So, does anyone else find it strangely convenient that (Irving spoiler ahead)...

Spoiler:

Comment

• Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Spoiler:
                  Last edited by Archelon; 03-07-2009, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry Spencer View Post
                    About the files in RE5 is there any mention of what happened to these characters post RE3:

Spoiler:

Just a simple yes or no next to each of these characters is all I need. Ta.
                    None.

Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:

Comment

• Beat the game last night and I love it but I don't like what they did with Spencer. Also about Jill Spoiler:

Comment

• so can we start dissecting the plot now ?

let's start discussing the .. (end game and wesker case file spoilers)

Spoiler:

oh also, apparnetly beating the game on amateur unlocks the infinite rocket launcher.. wtf..
                        Last edited by A-J; 03-08-2009, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• About Wesker and the big secret (A-J spoiler above me)

Spoiler:

I really liked the story of the game but the secondary characters like Excella or Irving didn't shine too much, I was expecting something more after all the trailers. I wish they did something inside the game with all the info on the archives, more cutscenes or something.

About the last boss... amazing stage but the fight itself was easy and uninspired and because the importance of the boss I was expecting something espectacular and not LAST BOSS SPOILER Spoiler:

Comment

• Spoiler:
                            Spoiler:

Comment

• Spoiler:

Comment

• I personally really like the whole Wesker revelation. I didn't see anything like this coming, and while it's very MGS-ish, I think it fits really well into the RE plot and explains some otherwise weak plot points.

Honestly, RE5 really is the series' equivalent to MGS4. Both wrap up a decade+ worth of games and storylines with a nice little bow on top, while still leaving enough open for possible sequels.

And, A-J, does beating the game on Amateur really unlock the infinite RL? I beat it on that difficulty and don't see it anywhere for purchase. I'm off to check again, though and also try to fully upgrade my AK (it's the only Machine Gun I haven't maxed out yet).

Comment

Working...
                                X