Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Resident Evil 5 Spoilers Topic (READ FIRST POST)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CubedSphere View Post
    I personally really like the whole Wesker revelation. I didn't see anything like this coming, and while it's very MGS-ish, I think it fits really well into the RE plot and explains some otherwise weak plot points.

Honestly, RE5 really is the series' equivalent to MGS4. Both wrap up a decade+ worth of games and storylines with a nice little bow on top, while still leaving enough open for possible sequels.

And, A-J, does beating the game on Amateur really unlock the infinite RL? I beat it on that difficulty and don't see it anywhere for purchase. I'm off to check again, though and also try to fully upgrade my AK (it's the only Machine Gun I haven't maxed out yet).

it honestly did for me .. i beat the game the first time on normal, didn't get it, but after beating it again on amateur on a new + game, once the credits were over i got the "you can now use infinite rocket launcher" message .

Comment

• Maybe you have to beat it on both Amateur and Normal to get it... I'm about to beat it on Normal and if I unlock the RL then we'll know that's it.

Comment

• In order to get the IRL you need to complete the game in under 5 hours.

Any difficulty suffices, I believe.

Oh, I unlocked the Jill (Rare) figure (get an A rank in all chapters) which is just Jill in her BSAA outfit. She looks awesome. I also unlocked her in Mercs. Awesome there too. I want that damn handgun in the main game though. It's Leon's gun from the trial editions of RE4.

And to anyone that thinks she looks different in RE5, she doesn't. Not at all. They used the same facial model from REmake.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• I take it you have to finish the game on veteran to unlock professional mode??

Also, what are the other filters, i have monochrome but does anyone know if there is one that turns all daytime scenes to night?
          Last edited by TheBatMan; 03-08-2009, 06:48 PM.
          "I've got 100 cows."
          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• Spoiler:

Comment

• there's a monochrome, a sepia, and a third one i haven't unlocked myself.
              Last edited by A-J; 03-09-2009, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• If you're reading the files transcript on my blog, I've updated a 'new secret' file Spoiler:
                Last edited by xfactor; 03-09-2009, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• pretty good ..

Spoiler:

Comment

• so i have a question, is it ever explained in the game (cause i don't remember)

Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by A-J View Post
                      so i have a question, is it ever explained in the game (cause i don't remember)

Spoiler:
                      Spoiler:
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
                        In order to get the IRL you need to complete the game in under 5 hours.

Any difficulty suffices, I believe.

Oh, I unlocked the Jill (Rare) figure (get an A rank in all chapters) which is just Jill in her BSAA outfit. She looks awesome. I also unlocked her in Mercs. Awesome there too. I want that damn handgun in the main game though. It's Leon's gun from the trial editions of RE4.

And to anyone that thinks she looks different in RE5, she doesn't. Not at all. They used the same facial model from REmake.
                        Can you post a picture of that Jill figure ? Also can you post a picture of the endgame image with time and rank . Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
                          Spoiler:

Comment

• but remember how she was blonde in the original RE1 ? :p

its probably capcom throwing a reference lol

Comment

• Was she? I know that in the live action sequences she was but I thought her hair was brownish in the actual game itself. I know it was blonde on her STARS Id. Spoiler:

Comment

• So are we meant to assume that (Wesker spoiler ahead)...

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X