Midnight realease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yzak View Post
    Oh balls, my local GameStop is doing a midnight release. Guess I need to go preorder it there and cancel my online one because I want to go to pick it up right away. I love midnight releases. \o/
    I did the same thing!! I originally ordered through Amazon because it was so much cheaper, but there's no way that I could wait over the weekend for the damn thing to come in the mail. Thankfully, my GameStop was still doing pre-orders, and I quickly ordered it so I can get it during the midnight release. *rubs hands together* I'm so excited now. Just the prospect of getting it a couple of hours earlier makes me all jittery!

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
      I did the same thing!! I originally ordered through Amazon because it was so much cheaper, but there's no way that I could wait over the weekend for the damn thing to come in the mail. Thankfully, my GameStop was still doing pre-orders, and I quickly ordered it so I can get it during the midnight release. *rubs hands together* I'm so excited now. Just the prospect of getting it a couple of hours earlier makes me all jittery!
      Yeah, I need to poke them and see if they still have the limited editions cause I want my extra stuff. Though I'd assume they would if the site still has them for pre-order.

Comment

Someone other than myself should post and "Official Countdown to RE5 Release" thread. only 118 hours to go.

Comment

Originally posted by jonDP View Post
          Someone other than myself should post and "Official Countdown to RE5 Release" thread. only 118 hours to go.
          Ign has got a good one, I keep my xbox gamer motto updated for how many days left, and with daylight savings time here, I'm one hour closer. 116 hours and 46 minutes left in my time zone.

Comment

My local GameStation is doing a midnight Release. It's my backup plan if my other plan falls through...which is looking more and more likely, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
              lol but yha its gonna be caffeine alright

"I HAVE THIS!"
              Whoa..bad memories of working at the Red Bull Air Race just came to me..I drank so much free red bull that I couldn't sleep for more than a hour at night for a couple weeks..

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                My local GameStation is doing a midnight Release. It's my backup plan if my other plan falls through...which is looking more and more likely, sadly.
                DAMNIT!
                I wish mine was instead of GAME; I want my Special Edition at £45 with Executioner figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Mason View Post
                  Whoa..bad memories of working at the Red Bull Air Race just came to me..I drank so much free red bull that I couldn't sleep for more than a hour at night for a couple weeks..
                  for some reason they dont hit me that hard ( like before my O D on 1 ) anymore, the good news is i got another 24 pk

it was free & you dont EVER turn down free monsters

Comment

Welp! Went to GameStop today, saw the poster in the window of RE5 RELEASE PARTY, 10 - MIDNIGHT.

And after doublechecking with a couple of people that it was available for it, I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition. Now to cancel the online one. I can't wait! LESS THAN A WEEK AWAY YOU GUISE.

Comment

Hey gaming pals, is there anyone on the west coast getting it at a midnight sale who does not yet have a co-op partner (Xbox 360)? A friend of mine is desperately seeking a competent co-op buddy for RE5 and he's getting it midnight of release, on Xbox 360 and has Xbox Live. He's pretty good at it too, since he's played the demo a bunch and has played RE4 a lot (and has beaten just about all previous RE games too). If anyone is interested his Gamer Tag is Toon Marth.
                      Last edited by LVL100 Merchant; 03-08-2009, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I'd love to, provided my 360 gets back to me from repairs on time (which I doubt, sadly). Tell him to add Canas Renvall and if I can, I'll get back to him on it. If not... Tell him I'm sorry in advance, but I tried. XD

Comment

Thanks Canas. : )

Any other takers?

Comment

I am most certainly getting RE5 Thursday night. If Gamestop's lines are too long then I'm waltzing into Wal-Mart to grab a copy quick (I did this when Halo 3 was released and lol'd at all the retards waiting in a line that literally wrapped around the whole strip mall that Gamestop was located in).
                            Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                            if your wondering what happend it went like this
                            friday: BFC monster (Big Fucking Can idk big it is but its huge for can) and a 2xl monster
                            saturday: BFC monster, 2xl monster, and 2 crappy unknown energy drinks
                            sunday: BFC monster, 2 2xl monsters, and a crappy unknown energy drink
                            monday: BFC monster and a poweraid and BAM! my kidneys kicked my ass lol, i o.ded i got dizzy and started to hilusinate
                            and i got really hard to breath and it got REALLY hot lol
                            Wow. nemesiswontdie, that sounds really, really horrible. Were you ok? Did you go to the emergency room? I would recommend drinking coffee instead of sugar-laden, unhealthy energy drinks. Not only is coffee the healthiest beverage as far as antioxidant count, it is full of caffeine! It will keep you going all night long and you will suffer no ill from it, so long as you either go easy on the sugar or use a sugar substitute instead!
                            Last edited by Corrin; 03-10-2009, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately, my local mall (*middle of nowhere*, humboldt county, CA) isn't allowed to do midnight releases anymore, because it costs too much for them to be open late, so they say...

Also... I just found out that the New Samsung 55" 7100 LCDs got released early!! Compared to the Kuro and new Panasonic G10 (both plasmas), picture quality looks EVEN better! I was stunned, since I'm such a plasma whore. Hence, I ordered one.

Now, I don't think I'm gonna be able to allow myself to play RE5 until I can experience it to it's full potential the first time on the new tube.. The suspense has been killing me for years! UGHH! Now, I have to wait one whole extra week to play it. I might need a few drinks to pass the time, haha!
                              Last edited by Cellardoorsolar; 03-10-2009, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Corrin View Post
                                Wow. nemesiswontdie, that sounds really, really horrible. Were you ok? Did you go to the emergency room? I would recommend drinking coffee instead of sugar-laden, unhealthy energy drinks. Not only is coffee the healthiest beverage as far as antioxidant count, it is full of caffeine! It will keep you going all night long and you will suffer no ill from it, so long as you either go easy on the sugar or use a sugar substitute instead!
                                lol, yha man i was fine, my friend took me 2 the hospital and the only thing i remember was picking up my phone so i could call my friend to come get me, next thing i no im in a hospital bed with my friend who just happens to be drinking a monster LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X